We Will Win Our Next Six Games

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Can't wait to bump this thread 6 weeks from now :D

We are out of the woods with our schedule.

Only scary part of our remaining schedule is the b2b east coast games at Minnesota and Baltimore.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I don't know, but I hope you're right.

I think we may have crossed the line where we find ways to lose close games, where before we found ways (miraculous at times) to win. Hopefully we improve enough to cross back over.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
8-8 will be good for this team. It will humble them and make them hungry again.

Laloosh

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1xl8g3w0 said:
The roster changes every year. I think this is a ridiculous post. Zero benefit from going 8-8.

ringless

Reaction score
I think your next 6 are all very winnable games.

Carolina W
@ SF W
@ Dal W w/o Romo/Bryant Weeden is 0-11 in last 11 starts
AZ W
SF W
PIT This one will be the toughest. Interested to see how well their fans travel to Seattle

TwilightError

Reaction score
I think there will be 1-2 divisional losses in the next six. I dont believe the ninergames to be gimmes. They are not that good right now, but neither are us and division games in the NFC West are bad.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I don't see 6-0 but I could easily see 5-1 or 4-2. This team is just too inconsistent right now.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just keep these in mind:

We get beastmode back most likely next week

Oline will improve. They already looked much better today.

A lot of home games. I still think we sweep the table at home. We're not losing to the niners or whoever is QBing for the cowboys.

Silentwander

Reaction score
I am not sure about straight 6-0 due to lack of our o-line scores during 3Q-4Q. They really need to score a couple more to keep lead before our defense start to make some mistakes later.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1jxthouu said:

Only scary part of our remaining schedule is the b2b east coast games at Minnesota and Baltimore.
We have 6 hard games left
vs CAR
vs AZ
vs PIT
@ MIN
@ BALT
@ AZ

If we can go 3-3 in these games we can be 10-6 with a good chance to make the playoffs. If we can take 4 of the 6 we feet to 11-5 and are just about a lock to make the playoffs.

massari

Reaction score
Laloosh":19fbi4yl said:
WindCityHawk":19fbi4yl said:
The roster changes every year. I think this is a ridiculous post. Zero benefit from going 8-8.

But the core remains.

Don't know if 8-8 would be good for this team though.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Next week couldn't be more important for wild card implications in the future.

ringless

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2c4tl6tl said:
Hawk-Lock":2c4tl6tl said:

We have 6 hard games left
vs CAR
vs AZ
vs PIT
@ MIN
@ BALT
@ AZ

If we can go 3-3 in these games we can be 10-6 with a good chance to make the playoffs. If we can take 4 of the 6 we feet to 11-5 and are just about a lock to make the playoffs.

I would think that the Carolina game shouldn't be too difficult.
They beat Jacksonville, Houston, NO, and TB. That's a real paper tiger right there.
]So I think you guys win that. I think you win the AZ game at the link bc at the Link. You should beat Baltimore, they look piss poor this year.

The Pit, Min, and 2nd AZ game should be the more difficult ones.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
DHawk":1mtdg8p0 said:
I wish I felt the same way.

Why don't you?

No reason on earth this team can't or won't win at least 5 of the next 6.

Not sure anybody looked at our first 5 games and thought anything other than 3-2 or 2-3.

Now that its happened, people are freaking out. C'mon.

Today hurt, no doubt. No excuse. But we were crushing the probable #2 seed in the AFC at their place. Sure we couged it down the stretch, but this team will be just fine.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2ofqhn9c said:
WindCityHawk":2ofqhn9c said:

Making the playoffs will be good for the team. Then they have the chance to make the Super Bowl.

This "hunger" and "humble" stuff is silly. Wishing away the season is short sighted.

evergreen

Reaction score
If they last only 3 and 1/2 quarters YES. If they last 4 quarters the evidence suggests not likely...

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Vegas will have Seattle favored in every remaining game the rest of the year except at Arizona (maybe) in the finale.

If you cannot win the next 6 with a healthy line up and potentially get back Beast Mode and Rawls as the weather changes, plus add in Burley (missed today) and a possible Jeremy Lane for the stretch run, then something is up.

Only variable is whether the front office is aggressive now and makes a move for Alshon Jeffrey, who the Bears are not going to resign. They are committed to 1st rounder Kevin White and gave away Brandon Marshall for a 5th rounder to the Jets. They'll take a pick for Jeffrey and move forward.

It makes more sense to do something to add a dimension to the offense while teams like Tampa, Chicago are in sale mode. I'd rather take my chances with a big WR that can make plays for the QB and command attention away from Jimmy Graham, who needs legitimate help down field. Kearse, Baldwin and Lockett are all nice pieces but neither is a #1 or #2 threat and could change the offense completely.

Teams like Green Bay and Cincinnati have 3 to 4 good WR's and Seattle has 1.5 if you count Lockett and Baldwin. It's the missing piece and can be had for cheap. I'll play the rest of our schedule with a legitimate WR and take my chances.