We Will Win Our Next Six Games

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Those six games are just as hard.

Carolina and Pittsburgh are underrated teams.

San Francisco is a division opponent. Forget the record of either team, they will play us just as hard as the Rams did.

Arizona: See San Francisco.

Dallas? Okay, probably. But it's on the road, and I'm seeing a distinct pattern of Seattle looking past opponents right now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3j1j9641 said:

San Francisco is a division opponent. Forget the record of either team, they will play us just as hard as the Rams did.

Dallas? Okay, probably. But it's on the road, and I'm seeing a distinct pattern of Seattle looking past opponents right now.

As hard as @Green Bay and @Cinnci? Road games against 2 of the top 5 teams in the league?

As others mentioned, we will be favored in probably every game on save for @ AZ. Our front schedule was LOADED.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I see 3-3 in the next 6 games if Bevell is calling plays.
I see 4-2 if Bevell calls the plays and Russ audibles out of some of them
I see 5-1 if Russ ignores everything and calls his own plays
I see 6-0 if Bevell falls into a well on the way to work and Lassie can't find him.

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle might be favored in every game they have left depending on how things look in week 17. Doesn't mean they will run the table, but 11-5 definitely feels realistic right now.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2pti3byx said:
Can't wait to bump this thread 6 weeks from now :D

We are out of the woods with our schedule.

Only scary part of our remaining schedule is the b2b east coast games at Minnesota and Baltimore.
I sure hope you're right. I see us going more like 5-1 however.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Seattle fan in Charlotte. We are in for a rough game against Carolina. 2-4 very possible.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkpower":261q95r6 said:
MontanaHawk05":261q95r6 said:

As hard as @Green Bay and @Cinnci? Road games against 2 of the top 5 teams in the league?

As others mentioned, we will be favored in probably every game on save for @ AZ. Our front schedule was LOADED.

We're a conference champion. The entire schedule is loaded.

Again, when you face a division opponent, throw out the opponent's record and everything that's come before. It's a new season.

ringless

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":38gl7v25 said:
Vegas will have Seattle favored in every remaining game the rest of the year except at Arizona (maybe) in the finale.

If you cannot win the next 6 with a healthy line up and potentially get back Beast Mode and Rawls as the weather changes, plus add in Burley (missed today) and a possible Jeremy Lane for the stretch run, then something is up.

Only variable is whether the front office is aggressive now and makes a move for Alshon Jeffrey, who the Bears are not going to resign. They are committed to 1st rounder Kevin White and gave away Brandon Marshall for a 5th rounder to the Jets. They'll take a pick for Jeffrey and move forward.

It makes more sense to do something to add a dimension to the offense while teams like Tampa, Chicago are in sale mode. I'd rather take my chances with a big WR that can make plays for the QB and command attention away from Jimmy Graham, who needs legitimate help down field. Kearse, Baldwin and Lockett are all nice pieces but neither is a #1 or #2 threat and could change the offense completely.

Teams like Green Bay and Cincinnati have 3 to 4 good WR's and Seattle has 1.5 if you count Lockett and Baldwin. It's the missing piece and can be had for cheap. I'll play the rest of our schedule with a legitimate WR and take my chances.

There is no way Seattle can trade for Jefferey because they only have 629k available in cap. In fact the can't even sign most FA's right now unless they have 2 years or less experience.

The only way Seattle could do that is to move money forward from someones contract. But then you are robbing Peter to pay Paul as you are taking away from the future cap space.

The other thing is Ashlon Jefferey is not the answer. In fact no WR is right now. Whats needed is someone who can slightly improve the o-line. As a fan of a team who use to build their rosters from the outside in. Having players like Fitzgerald and Bolding on the outside with a poor o-line is a recipe for disaster. You need someone who can let Russell have a fraction more of a second, and help open up holes for the strength of this team which is running. Ashlon would be useless in this offense because he wouldn't have the time he needs

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":1ls3i1kx said:
Vegas will have Seattle favored in every remaining game the rest of the year except at Arizona (maybe) in the finale.

If you cannot win the next 6 with a healthy line up and potentially get back Beast Mode and Rawls as the weather changes, plus add in Burley (missed today) and a possible Jeremy Lane for the stretch run, then something is up.

Only variable is whether the front office is aggressive now and makes a move for Alshon Jeffrey, who the Bears are not going to resign. They are committed to 1st rounder Kevin White and gave away Brandon Marshall for a 5th rounder to the Jets. They'll take a pick for Jeffrey and move forward.

It makes more sense to do something to add a dimension to the offense while teams like Tampa, Chicago are in sale mode. I'd rather take my chances with a big WR that can make plays for the QB and command attention away from Jimmy Graham, who needs legitimate help down field. Kearse, Baldwin and Lockett are all nice pieces but neither is a #1 or #2 threat and could change the offense completely.

Teams like Green Bay and Cincinnati have 3 to 4 good WR's and Seattle has 1.5 if you count Lockett and Baldwin. It's the missing piece and can be had for cheap. I'll play the rest of our schedule with a legitimate WR and take my chances.

Great post.

Great point on us being favored in every game the rest of the season, with an exception to the game in Arizona. Obviously we catch a break with Romo out and possibly Dez out. Looks like Big Ben will be back for the Steelers by the time we play them, but I'm confident we run the table at home.

As for Jeffery.....unless we plan on signing him to a big contract in the offseason, I can't see us giving up a 3rd rounder just to rent him for 3-4 months. I don't know our financial situation, but I doubt we can afford him. He would be a major asset to our team though. I'm just not a huge fan of adding big pieces midway through the year. Very hard for players to pick up a playbook midseason. I still think we need another WR. IMO Baldwin is a #3 WR, and right now we are using him as our #1 WR. Jury is still out on Lockette, but the arrow is pointing up for him. Kearse would be a #4 WR on most teams. What we get out of PRich, I'm not sure. I wasn't as high on him as most Hawk fans were, I thought he looked "okay" in his rookie year. I wouldn't expect much from him this year when he comes back. I think we need to add to the WR corps, I'm just not sure it happens this year.

IMO the script for this season has been pretty obvious since before the season began.

Defense would struggle without Chancellor......Chancellor comes back and we are back to being a top 5 defense.

Offense will struggle, especially the OLine. Should look much better in the second half of the season. Similar to Russell's rookie year.

We would struggle early based on the schedule........

We will go on a nice run in the middle of the schedule (week 6-12).

Pretty much everything is going as planned.

Our season will come down to whether we can win a road playoff game, something we haven't had to do since Russell's rookie year.

Latest posts