It’s Settled. Seahawks Win 11 Games In 2023.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My fiancé has her sister and husband up this weekend from California and he is a diehard Lions fan. After reminiscing over our mutual team’s ups and downs over the years we decided to have each of us look at the other’s schedule and predict how many wins we think the other team would have.

No BS. Two big time diehards and NFL fans. I went through each of the Lions games and ended up with 11 wins for them. He did the same thing and ended up with 11 wins for us. No pretense, no nonsense, just two diehards picking the other’s wins this season as honestly as possible.

11-6. Book it.

keasley45

Reaction score
My fiancé has her sister and husband up this weekend from California and he is a diehard Lions fan. After reminiscing over our mutual team’s ups and downs over the years we decided to have each of us look at the other’s schedule and predict how many wins we think the other team would have.

No BS. Two big time diehards and NFL fans. I went through each of the Lions games and ended up with 11 wins for them. He did the same thing and ended up with 11 wins for us. No pretense, no nonsense, just two diehards picking the other’s wins this season as honestly as possible.

11-6. Book it.

Don't disagree at all. I thought we'd have 9 or 10 last year and think we are at least 2 games better this year. Injury aside, of course.

pmedic920

Reaction score

11-6. Book it.
Your fiancé has a sister and a husband?

This would be very awkward in my world, you are “the man”.

RiverDog

Reaction score

11-6. Book it.
I didn't know that there was such a thing as a die hard Lions fan. Maybe a die easy Lions fan, but not one that dies hard.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I didn't know that there was such a thing as a die hard Lions fan. Maybe a die easy Lions fan, but not one that dies hard.

How so? Anyone who's been a Lions fan for more than a year has endured some pretty bad times for the team. I'd say anyone who describes himself as a Lions fan is very clearly a diehard and has my respect for that.

Last edited:

FPD

Reaction score

11-6. Book it.

Week 1 vs. L.A. Rams...W
Week 2 at Detroit Lions...L
Week 3 vs. Carolina Panthers...W
Week 4 at N.Y. Giants...W
Week 5: BYE
Week 6 at Cincinnati Bengals...L
Week 7 vs. Arizona Cardinals...W
Week 8 vs. Cleveland Browns...W
Week 9 at Baltimore Ravens...L
Week 10 vs. Washington Commanders...W
Week 11 at L.A. Rams...W
Week 12 vs. San Francisco 49ers...W
Week 13 at Dallas Cowboys...L
Week 14 at San Francisco 49ers...L
Week 15 vs. Philadelphia Eagles...L
Week 16 at Tennessee Titans...W
Week 17 vs Pittsburgh Steelers...W
Week 18 at Arizona Cardinals...W

I'm on board with 11-6.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this won't be "settled" until sometime next January. ;)

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

11-6. Book it.
Tell your future brother in law 12 will be more like it for the Hawks and 10 max for the Lions. I mean the Lions have a lot of talent but Goff has consistency issues and they have some players on suspension for gambling

morgulon1

Reaction score
Week 1 vs. L.A. Rams...W
Week 2 at Detroit Lions...W
Week 4 at N.Y. Giants...L
Week 9 at Baltimore Ravens...W
Week 10 vs. Washington Commanders...L
Week 11 at L.A. Rams...W
Week 12 vs. San Francisco 49ers...L
Week 14 at San Francisco 49ers...W

11-6. NFC CHAMPIONS

They always lose one they shouldn't and win one they should.

keasley45

Reaction score
Week 1 vs. L.A. Rams...W
Week 2 at Detroit Lions...W
Week 4 at N.Y. Giants...L
Week 9 at Baltimore Ravens...W
Week 10 vs. Washington Commanders...L
Week 11 at L.A. Rams...W

11-6. NFC CHAMPIONS

They always lose one they shouldn't and win one they should.

Week 1 vs. L.A. Rams...W
Week 11 at L.A. Rams...W

Same record, different w's, but I also think it's possible we pick off the Ravens... that would make it 12 and the 2 seed, IF Philly is as strong as predicted.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Week 1 vs. L.A. Rams...W
Week 11 at L.A. Rams...W

Same record, different w's, but I also think it's possible we pick off the Ravens... that would make it 12 and the 2 seed, IF Philly is as strong as predicted.
That's a pretty tough schedule. NFC East
& AFC North.

NoGain

Reaction score
Yeah, we all start doing the chalk thing now. LOL. Still standing by my 9-8 baseline, 12-5 top end scale now. Below 9-8 a lot went wrong and disappointment abounds, above 12-5 and it's giddy time.

My over/under is probably something like 10.5 now. That seems about right.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Tell your future brother in law 12 will be more like it for the Hawks and 10 max for the Lions. I mean the Lions have a lot of talent but Goff has consistency issues and they have some players on suspension for gambling
People said similar things about Geno.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not outside the realm of feasibility to predict two more wins considering another big-time draft that, at face value, looks to really fill a couple of holes with star talent.

The offense has the ability to be a true juggernaut if Geno continues his overall level of play for 2022. JSN, Charbonnet, and Bradford are nice pieces. Center will likely be improved regardless of who wins the competition (and my money is on Evan Brown to come away with that job this year). The defense is likely gonna be elevated by Witherspoon - even if he goes through some growing pains, his overall aggression is going to make his teammates play with a bit more fire than last year. Big questions along the DL but last year felt less like a personnel issue and more of an overall chemistry/scheme issue. If they clean some of that up, they'll play better almost entirely regardless of personnel.

NoGain

Reaction score
Witherspoon's tape just makes you smile and laugh. He's just such a natural beast. I didn't hardly know who he was some weeks before the draft. Then I started watching some of the tape and it was so obvious this guy was something special.

Mick063

Reaction score
It really depends upon injuries at some key positions. Especially at inside linebacker and defensive tackle. The team has enough depth elsewhere to lose a few players to injured reserve for six weeks and still hang tough until they make it back. Heck, I'll even include Drew Lock as a capable backup (i.e. Brock Purdy did well when surrounded by playmakers). But lose a couple key DTs and LBs and we see a replay of last year when the defense couldn't get off the field and it was all on Geno to keep the team in the game through the fourth quarter.

With DT and LB relatively healthy as a caveat, I think this is a twelve-win team.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
I think there should be an automatic disclaimer about injuries in the NFL when it comes to forecasting. I mean, if Mahomes or Burrow goes down, the apple cart has been overturned. Same for a team that has a slew of injuries at key positions or positions without much depth. It's the always ever present possibility.