Why have we not used IRDR

stang233

Reaction score
Why did we fully IR simon and not designated him to return or even Burley or Jackson. Isn't return for those guys week 8?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It's a case-by-case basis. Most of our injuries haven't been 8 week injuries. Simon is having surgery so sounds like he didn't have a chance to make it back.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
stang233":12yb8ldm said:
Why did we fully IR simon and not designated him to return or even Burley or Jackson. Isn't return for those guys week 8?

I believe the IR designated for return means the player has to miss at least 6 weeks. This includes practices by the way. Jackson sounds like he may actually play a little this Sunday and if not then more then likely for sure next week and I imagine they believe Burley will be back fairly soon as they have mentioned about the hope for a quick recovery. No use wasting the IR w/return on folks that will miss a short limited amount of time.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
jdemps":1omii7mc said:
IR boomerang is 8 weeks. So they'd get him back at week 13. You're planning on getting j lane and burley back soon so why not hold off on using the IR just in case you lose someone at a position of less depth.

Your right, my post after yours was wrong. 6 weeks before they can practice again and another 2 more weeks before they can play a game for 8 weeks total. I didn't want to edit my post, just wanted to give you credit for being right :D