The "Just Accept It" thread...

Laloosh

Reaction score
The offensive line will make you sad more than they will make you happy. Just accept it...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been accepting that fact for the past...Wait...How many years? :pukeface:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Laloosh":3gk5fjrw said:
The offensive line will make you sad more than they will make you happy. Just accept it...
Now you know why Wilson gets paid big money and why we got Graham and Lockett. Patience, it's going to get scary for the our opponents when it's for real. Frank Clark is basically the real deal and Lockett is as advertised.

Yes, the OL sucks so what's new about that? It's where we save money so deal with it already.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, the Oline looks bad but if they can settle on the 5 best guys and just stay healthy... I think they can be functional by seasons end.

Its helps having Wilson and Lynch both of whom have excelled despite bad O-line play over the last 3 years.

Clean pockets and big holes may be rare in Seattle but Seahawks just might have two of the best gamers in the NFL that excel on improvisation through the impossible.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The only reason we are able to pay for all the people we have is because they try to get by on a budget on the offensive line. These guys won't be the best but they will improve and get us by so we can pay Sherman, Thomas, Wagner, Lynch, Wilson, Graham and the rest. It is a good thing Wilson can scramble. I'm pretty sure Manning and Brady would both be done if they had played for us. I have all the confidence in the world in Pete and Tom Cable, they will make it work. It will get even trickier next year because it is highly doubtful we can bring back Okung and Sweezy. I trust in Pete!

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Aros":198olsft said:

A few people seem to be having a hard time coming to grips with it. This team never makes it easy on us on game day, always has to be a roller coaster. Part of the fun though.

Go Hawks!

Exittium

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ga0g9am said:
Aros":1ga0g9am said:

A few people seem to be having a hard time coming to grips with it. This team never makes it easy on us on game day, always has to be a roller coaster. Part of the fun though.

Go Hawks!
I don't want the game to be a roller coaster, I want it to be an airstrike. I want us to start strong and strike hard, and keep going. I get tired of the throttled type vibe I get from Bevell. It seems he does it at the wrong times. i.e. Passing to much, not letting lynch run enough or calling bootlegs on 4th and 1.. not letting Russ run the show..( because look at the NCCFG Russ took the reigns and magic happened. )

:thirishdrinkers: :sarcasm_on:

PS I'll "just accept" FOOTBALL SEASON HAS STARTED!! :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417:

Fade

Reaction score
I "accepted" the O-Line being bad 2 years ago.

Friday night was beyond my lowest of expectations. Sunshine Pete even brought it up in his post game presser. You know it's bad when he is calling out the entire unit in the media.

Exittium

Reaction score
Fade":33jp9bho said:
I "accepted" the O-Line being bad 2 years ago.

Friday night was beyond my lowest of expectations. Sunshine Pete even brought it up in his post game presser. You know it's bad when he is calling out the entire unit in the media.

:13:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Exittium":hlxpqn4o said:
I don't want the game to be a roller coaster, I want it to be an airstrike. I want us to start strong and strike hard, and keep going. I get tired of the throttled type vibe I get from Bevell. It seems he does it at the wrong times. i.e. Passing to much, not letting lynch run enough or calling bootlegs on 4th and 1.. not letting Russ run the show..( because look at the NCCFG Russ took the reigns and magic happened. )

:thirishdrinkers: :sarcasm_on:

PS I'll "just accept" FOOTBALL SEASON HAS STARTED!! :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417: :179417:

There is truth to what you say, every time Russ has been given full control the offense has looked unstoppable.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Agreed. Time for everyone on here to accept that a Tom Cable O line cannot pass block worth crap. They never will so long as he is here. What will be interesting is to see whether Paul Allen is going to continue to allow PC and Cable to expose Russell to the increased injury risk that comes with a terrible Cable O Line. He might feel he has to step in and protect his investment.

hawk45

Reaction score
I love it. A line so bad we've gone from "it's preseason" to "no talent" to "just accept the pain" in one night. Usually it takes a few real games to get here. But get here we always do. All I accept is that Russ should have the yips now even when he does get time. That's his nervous system trying to preserve his life.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Not every position group can be great in the salary cap era. There is just no money for it. Look at the bright side though: Our QB position group is solid, our RBs are pretty great, TE has massively improved, WR has become quite decent with the addition of Lockett and Matthews actually being worth his salt, Dline is among the best in the league (even more so now with Clark), Linebackers are great and our Secondary is famous for being one of the best of all time.

All position groups are either solid or amazing except for Oline. Look at other teams, they all have at least two or three position groups that don't inspire any trust.

We're lucky it's only our Oline (probably the least important position out there).

hawk45

Reaction score
When we tried to spend capital on the line it was still pretty bad. This seems to be more than just a cap reality.
As suggested by the OP this is what cable is.
Nobody is expecting great, but it must improve from league worst.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Imagine how much worse it's going to be next year. Okung, Sweezy, Jeanpierre, Bailey, and Lewis are all free agents. At least three of them are leaving, one of which will be either Okung or Sweezy. And knowing Cable's philosophy he'll try to replace the losses with 6th round projects.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
sweezy sucks, I have no idea why all of you seem to like him.

ctrcat

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2fk1bbuo said:
Imagine how much worse it's going to be next year. Okung, Sweezy, Jeanpierre, Bailey, and Lewis are all free agents. At least three of them are leaving, one of which will be either Okung or Sweezy. And knowing Cable's philosophy he'll try to replace the losses with 6th round projects.

Even spending a 1st rounder on OL has meant little in recent years. The Cardinals spent the #24 overall pick and he may not see the field even with a suspension to the starter at RT.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There wasn't any part of the OLine play last night that you could say was redeeming.

Britt and Davis got abused by speed rushers and gave up one pressure after another if not unmolested sacks, both looked slow footed and unable to respond to speed rushers. There were no clear winners in the C and LG race, the more experienced left side got zero run push, and the middle couldn't move the pile regardless of who was playing. Pretty unimpressive, and the concern is it looks as if there will need to be a lot more work before they are even adequate in passpro.

Coach Cable has lots of work to do.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Cable is routinely asked to make chicken salad out of chicken poop. No real reason to dog on him, given the hand he's been asked to play, by PC/JS. Maybe he could find ways to keep his players healthier, that's about it.
Cable's OL has gotten the team to Superb Owl twice in a row, playoffs 3 times in a row, 12+ win seasons, near the top of the league in rushing, consistently. All this with a bunch of 7th rounders/converted DT's, UDFAs, injured veterans, and such.

I've accepted that having an OL where the team saves money and spends it on other position groups is part of the team's plan.