Frank Clark??

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I realize there's precious little news these days about out boys, but I have heard nothing about Frank Clark. No comments from PC, no OTA observations, nothing. For our highest draft pick this seems strange. Anybody know anything?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's see how he does when the pads go on.

I suspect we will all be happy with his presence.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
grizbob":1fo97i1d said:
tdlabrie":1fo97i1d said:
I realize there's precious little news these days about out boys, but I have heard nothing about Frank Clark. No comments from PC, no OTA observations, nothing. For our highest draft pick this seems strange. Anybody know anything?

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/05/10 ... e-minicamp

Gotta love the Lake Wobegon reporting style from teams' own websites.

(note: this isn't a knock on Clark or the Hawks' team website, just a general observation, i.e. according to the 9ers' team website, as it is every year, this year was the best OTA in recorded history :lol: )

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The fact that Pete was moving guys like Marsh and KPL around during OTA's means that Clark was holding his own on the line.........which is a promising sign.

But it's just OTA's, who knows. Once the pads are on and Clark's hitting people with other colored jersey's on, that's when we'll get a better idea of where he's at.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ma7twwq said:
The fact that Pete was moving guys like Marsh and KPL around during OTA's means that Clark was holding his own on the line.........which is a promising sign.

But it's just OTA's, who knows. Once the pads are on and Clark's hitting people with other colored jersey's on, that's when we'll get a better idea of where he's at.

They held Clark out of the last few OTAs with some kind of injury.

grizbob

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1atz0j0w said:
Sgt. Largent":1atz0j0w said:

Where did you hear that? :shock:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
grizbob":38bw8o2a said:
hawknation2015":38bw8o2a said:
Sgt. Largent":38bw8o2a said:

It was reported by a few different sources. No reason to think it was anything serious.

DL FRANK CLARK: The defensive lineman, picked in the second round out of Michigan, has been used as both an end and a tackle. But we frankly didn’t see a lot of him during the three OTAs open to the media as he sat out much of the last two with an undisclosed ailment/injury
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... aft-class/

grizbob

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ycd9bua said:
grizbob":2ycd9bua said:
hawknation2015":2ycd9bua said:
Sgt. Largent":2ycd9bua said:

It was reported by a few different sources. No reason to think it was anything serious.

DL FRANK CLARK: The defensive lineman, picked in the second round out of Michigan, has been used as both an end and a tackle. But we frankly didn’t see a lot of him during the three OTAs open to the media as he sat out much of the last two with an undisclosed ailment/injury

Hmm, to be nit picky much of the last two does not equal last few :mrgreen:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
So if he was held out two days and the Hawks were penalized two days, that means he played six OTA days, yeah?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
grizbob":xnq2iegt said:
hawknation2015":xnq2iegt said:
grizbob":xnq2iegt said:
hawknation2015":xnq2iegt said:

Well, to be fair, I was going off of memory. I would have written "two OTAs" or "a couple" if I had known the exact number. However, "a few" is actually defined more broadly as "a small number" and implies the opposite of none at all. Despite social convention, it does not mean three or even necessarily more than two. :16:

grizbob

Reaction score
hawknation2015":ir5zyxls said:
grizbob":ir5zyxls said:
hawknation2015":ir5zyxls said:
grizbob":ir5zyxls said:
hawknation2015 said:

Well, to be fair, I was going off of memory. I would have written "two OTAs" or "a couple" if I had known the exact number. However, "a few" is actually defined more broadly as "a small number" and implies the opposite of none at all. Despite social convention, it does not mean three or even necessarily more than two. :16:

And much of isn't even two.

It's all good, just jerking your chain ;-)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Clark was surprised he was drafted so high, calls missing his senior year due to the domestic violence allegation "disheartening"

"I was surprised because of what I'd been through and I got drafted so high," Clark said Friday at the NFL Rookie Symposium. "I've always known I was a good talent. I knew I was good. I've got a lot of confidence in myself, but at the same time for the Seahawks … to take an opportunity and give me an opportunity to showcase my talent there, I owe them a lot."

"I think [Carroll and Schneider] did a good job of protecting me from certain people and the people who were trying to throw extra dirt on the situation," he said.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports ... um=twitter

Also interesting that he mentions the possibility that he could play SLB. He's a much better athlete than Marsh.