Bruce Irvin would love to be in Seattle in 2016

hawknation2015

Reaction score
"I have one year left. I would love to be in Seattle. That was the team that gave me a chance when nobody else did," Irvin told NFL Media's Tony Garcia in an interview that will air next week on NFL Total Access. "A lot of people told me I wasn't a first-round pick, but Pete (Carroll) and (general manager) John (Schneider) took a chance on me, so like I said I would love to be there, but I'm just going to go out here, I've been working my butt off, I'm going to go out here and have the biggest year of my career next year."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... in-seattle

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
boooo hisssss stupid jerk using words to accurately describe his potential situation booooooooo.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That's enough out of you LT Dangle.

Just kidding. :)

Love your avi though, truth! :th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score
I can't imagine anything bad happening to Bruce in Atlanta off the field...can you? :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think he would have been as peeved by the team's inability to pick up his fifth year option if he didn't want to be here in the future. Financially, it is likely to turn into a positive move for him; he now has a chance to sign a long-term deal with more guaranteed money, whether that be in Seattle or, more likely, somewhere else.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was never in doubt that he would be playing hard this year for his next contract. That's the only thing that matters and this has never been a story.

two dog

Reaction score
I hope he does have the biggest year of his career. I hope he doesn't try to get it
by losing position from overplaying, guessing, or trying for the kill shot.

The best year of his career should at least give the 'Hawks a good comp pick
even if he decamps for greener pastures.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3t7430aw said:
"I have one year left. I would love to be in Seattle. That was the team that gave me a chance when nobody else did," Irvin told NFL Media's Tony Garcia in an interview that will air next week on NFL Total Access. "A lot of people told me I wasn't a first-round pick, but Pete (Carroll) and (general manager) John (Schneider) took a chance on me, so like I said I would love to be there, but I'm just going to go out here, I've been working my butt off, I'm going to go out here and have the biggest year of my career next year."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... in-seattle
So, he gets it now? Interesting, here's my advice....Hi Bruce I'm Johanna how about you put up or shut up like they say in Missouri. If you bring it you'll have a real decision just don't Golden Tate it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love it when a player's PR people gets a hold of them. First it was AP and now it's Irvin. The player always says the truth first, and then, inevitably, days or weeks later you hear a total recant of their original (truthful) opinion.

You can set your watch to it.

Truth is? Irvin is pissed and wants to play for his hometown team now. Anything he said since then is his agent/PR staff telling him what to say.

And this is a league-wide thing, not picking on Irvin but since he's the topic of conversation...

drdiags

Reaction score
Dude was all in, trying to get ready for the season. Went to Hawaii with a huge number of his team-mates, trying to kickstart the season. The team decides not to pick up his option, which is like the anti-franchise tag stigma for the new CBA players and he got heated. He said things that some fans didn't like but anytime an athlete says something he has a 50/50 chance of getting under someone's skin.

The NFL is a bottom line business, with the ability to tear up contracts when the budget calls for it. Bruce's immaturity left him a little naive but as a professional, he may learn to keep his thoughts close to the vest.

This is what early critics of Pete's latest return to the NFL spoke of (like Jim Mora) when they said problems for Seattle would be after all the young players started to get experience in the NFL. They were being overly critical of Pete but the team is now starting to get its core into their second contracts and the decisions of who stays and goes is starting to play out.

Bruce had his chance in the Atlanta game but couldn't raise his game. He has been moved around as part of a plan to expand his impact but the clock is up and the team couldn't justify locking him up with the option. Doesn't mean they are giving up on him, just that he needs to go out and prove he is worth the money he would have been slotted for in the option year. Whether he stays or goes, he needs to put on tape what he can be expected to look like over the next 4 years.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I agree with Drdiags, these young players don't know the business side of things until it comes calling for them and everyone reacts differently to them. Bruce has played for a winning team all his NFL career and he doesn't know what the other side looks like. He's done what he can from what the coaches have given him. As much as Bruce loves to stay in Seattle but if Atlanta comes calling with a pretty good amount of money should he say no after this year regardless if we make it to another SB or not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the ol' I said something stupid that I shouldn't have, then got scolded by my agent for jeopardizing my leverage backtrack statement.

"Remember when I said I loved Atlanta and wanted to play here......................... J/K LOL!!"

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":9xtrykh3 said:
This is the ol' I said something stupid that I shouldn't have, then got scolded by my agent for jeapordizing my agent's paycheck...er uh ya that>>>>jeopardizing my leverage backtrack statement.

"Remember when I said I loved Atlanta and wanted to play here......................... J/K LOL!!"

Fixed it fer ya.

Latest posts