Rookies who will make an impact?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
How do you guys expect the new guys to do this season? Will highly touted prospects like Lockett and Glowinski deliver? Will any of the rookies win a starting job? Will some undrafted guys surprise us?

Jville

Reaction score
Yours asks a broader question. But, have you seen this thread >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110482[/urltargetblank]

Hawks46

Reaction score
To start, I think Glowinski ends up as the starting LG. Just looking at his highlights, that kid is built to be a zone blocking Guard. It also helps that there really isn't a lot of competition at that position. Bailey is decent, but he lacks drive to his run blocks. It would be incredibly convenient for Glowinski to take that LG spot and let Bailey concentrate on being a good LT. It's just a matter of time before Okung gets hurt, and if big Russ does make it the entire season (which is great for us), he'll be training up to take his spot if Okung wants too much and has to move on.

Frank Clark will get some valuable reps in the pass rush rotation. I'm not sure how great he'll be at sliding inside at the NFL level, but he looks like he already is at a good NFL level in setting the edge in the run game. He'll be getting a lot of 1st down reps at LEO. This also keeps Avril in the position he likes and limits his reps, so he has full energy and burst when he's rushing the passer.

Lockett will probably be our 3rd WR and starting slot guy. The WR rotation will be a very interesting watch in Training Camp. On one hand, we'll see if Mathews can build off of his Superbowl momentum solidify one outside spot. He brings a skill set that really none of our other outside guys do at this point, so he might have an inside edge with some more reps with Wilson in the offseason. Lockett seems to be a more athletic Baldwin, so the problem remains "who gets the reps?" if Matthews starts on one side and Kearse is on the other. Either way, Lockett is an instant upgrade on ST and hopefully gets our return game back to being respectable.

OP
OP
Overseasfan

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Jville":3luky3wn said:
Yours asks a broader question. But, have you seen this thread >>> [urltargetblank]http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=110482[/urltargetblank]

I'm talking more about the rookie class as a whole. If there will be some success stories among our rookies. The other thread is asking for a specific favorite pick, which doesn't completely correlate with my topic, right?

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ Right. I understand. I intended use of the words "a broader question" to acknowledgement that.

In any case I'll add this ..... Special Teams is often overlooked. I think there is a heighten emphasis on upgrading Special Teams this year. Upgrading from #19, per FO ranking, to a top 5 unit is a priority.

As a return man, Tyler Lockett should have a big impact on Special Teams. However, there are other replacement needs such as the loss of Jaron Johnson from 2014 as well as Chris Maragos from 2013. I'm looking for competition to produce a 'stand out' return blocker or coverage tackler. Some variation of a Fred Young would impact fan excitement.

P.S. Welcome to .net

farhat

Reaction score
Hawks 46 says that Glowinski will start over Bailey. I would be very surprised! Bailey just lost 30 pounds in the offseason and it has gotten the attention of Pete Carroll. The man who came into the 2nd half of the NFC Championship vs. San Francisco and opened up big holes for Marshawn, including the 45 yd TD, was Alvin Bailey. The man is a bull dozer and opens up large holes. Alvin Bailey is the next Hall of Fame offensive lineman.

farhat

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett will be the most popular and loved because he will return at least 1 kickoff or punt for a TD. I do expect to see Frank Clark as a part of the rotation. His presence will be felt. 6 Sacks.

LTH

Reaction score
I think Lockett is going to make a splash in a big way but I do have to say if the young guys step up on the o-line and wilson gets some time to throw the ball as well there are some lanes for ML the Hawks are going to have a really nasty offense...

All in all I think this years draft class is very solid and I very much want to see them play...

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
I think Lockett is going to make a splash in a big way but I do have to say if the young guys step up on the o-line and wilson gets some time to throw the ball as well there are some lanes for ML the Hawks are going to have a really nasty offense...

All in all I think this years draft class is very solid and I very much want to see them play...

LTH

Tical21

Reaction score
Glowinski plays a little too high for my liking. I think he'll have to work on that before we can trot him out there against the Donald's of the world.

I think Tye Smith has an outside shot come steal the RCB spot if neither Williams or Simon impress.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think we see an impact till the last quarter of the season, Lockette may return kicks initially, or maybe not.

netskier

Reaction score
I think Lockett is 100% likely to start returning kicks, barring only injury.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Overseasfan":21a9lfzb said:
How do you guys expect the new guys to do this season? Will highly touted prospects like Lockett and Glowinski deliver? Will any of the rookies win a starting job? Will some undrafted guys surprise us?
Not sure about other teams but I think Lockett will completely upgrade our special teams and I think Clark will be a really nice surprise to many doubters.

Welcome to .Net :2:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Baldwin will be our slot guy, where he's very good. Lockett will shock the world and play outside.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tye Smith will be a full fledged member of the LOB by the end of the regular season, if not sooner

OP
OP
Overseasfan

Overseasfan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":16xuv33i said:
Overseasfan":16xuv33i said:
Not sure about other teams but I think Lockett will completely upgrade our special teams and I think Clark will be a really nice surprise to many doubters.

Welcome to .Net :2:

Thanks for the welcome :thirishdrinkers:

88Hawk

Reaction score
The obvious answer is Lockett, given how much of an upgrade he should be over Walters.

Can I cheat and say KPL, I know he's not a rookie, but it'll feel like he is given he didn't see the field much last year (defensive snaps in only 4 games). He has a lot to contribute on ST, but it'll be interesting to see how he goes given the whole Irvin saga.