Lynch signing new deal; ramificiations for a new deal for RW

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Attn: Salary Capsters:

If these numbers stand, does this news about Lynch make it less likely or more likely that the 'Hawks sign Wilson to a big deal this off season? Or does this news/these figure$ really play no factor at all in any of that?

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
It would have zero ramifications on whether or not the extension is taken care of this off season. It may slightly alter the structure, but even that is unlikely.

Hyak

Reaction score
No real factor. Any RW deal is going to have a modest cap increase for 2015 and big jumps starting in 2016.

Largent80

Reaction score
My guess is that a contract is already agreed upon for Russ...just waiting it out.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wilson's deal will not add too much money this season. If Lynch's deal is truly a one year deal, then there are no cap ramifications after this coming season, and it's after this season when both Wagner and Wilson will see larger cap hits (depending on the structure).

OP
OP
H

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Thanks guys, much appreciated...

Excellent responses, backed up by full doses of real good insight and common sense---both of which I have a limited supply of on these matters.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Wont have anything to do with Russ. It's an additional 4 million against the cap.

Assuming it's a one year deal and he is a FA after next season:

Lynch was to make 7 million. Now set to make 11 Million. Then you need to account for the 1.5 million that has been prorated over from his signing bonus from his last contract. So Lynch's cap hit was 8.5 and now will be 12.5.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Zach Miller just got released, so there is 2.4 million freed up.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If the rumors are true of the 3 year deal (2 year extension), then Lynch's new contract won't cost us an extra cent for this coming season. If it's true, it's a great deal and leaves us all our cap space to continue with whatever the front office has/had planned

ringless

Reaction score
When will the Wilson deal be done by? After the season I was assuming before FA started so the team knew exactly what was available in regards to cap space..... Has there been any word on when it will likely be done? I have been waiting patiently.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'd bet my house that Russ' deal is, and has been done for a while now.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
My bet is that the deal is announced shortly after the bulk of the free agency dealings and trades are done. No reason to wait until after the draft unless they are working on a big trade, at the same time no reason to rush to announce it.

I bet they have already come to an agreement on the numbers, but have two or three different structures to pick from depending on how free agency goes.

- bsd RPA

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The FO hinted that Russell was willing to take an outside the box type deal in order to help some "pieces fall In to place". Also last season it was hinted at that Lynch was one of the players who felt RW was too close to management and might not have the players back. Hopefully a ramifications will be Lynch putting those feelings behind him.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
:evil:
Rob12":vkt97uel said:
I'd bet my house that Russ' deal is, and has been done for a while now.
I agree, but I have a feeling it will be announced after his spring training stint with the Rangers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Think they have a tentative deal that can be tweeked if needed after they make a few moves like Lynch, they needed Lynch deal done so they would know what tweeks needed to happen and have slotted money for other positions already pretty much in place for the most part. Once they get those positions set up they will announce the Wilson deal if it's a flexible outside the box one everyone is talking about.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Basis4day":2shm7ymj said:
Wont have anything to do with Russ. It's an additional 4 million against the cap.

Assuming it's a one year deal and he is a FA after next season:

Lynch was to make 7 million. Now set to make 11 Million. Then you need to account for the 1.5 million that has been prorated over from his signing bonus from his last contract. So Lynch's cap hit was 8.5 and now will be 12.5.

Lynch's cap hit stays the same at 8.5mil.