Mebane's Rehab

kidhawk

Reaction score
According to his twitter, he's starting to pick up the pace in rehab. Claims he'll be back stronger than ever. Sounds like things are going smoothly

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mebane92/status/572503973187354625[/tweet]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":1cnzemlr said:
According to his twitter, he's starting to pick up the pace in rehab. Claims he'll be back stronger than ever. Sounds like things are going smoothly

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mebane92/status/572503973187354625[/tweet]
I wouldn't be shocked if we cut him. The NFL is one tough business and he's not in a good position.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I hope he comes back, but he might need to be willing to take a cut to do so.

samwize77

Reaction score
maybe letting any interested team know how he's doing...just in case.

jblaze

Reaction score
No way we cut him. He had probably his best season to date last year before he got hurt and 5.5m is not a lot for a NT in the league. He eats up blockers which allows Wagner and irvin to fly to the ball unabated. He's also very stout in the run game standing up blockers and not getting pushed back and keeping the line of scrimmage.

However, this is his last year in Seattle so I see us draft a NT type (0 or 1 tech) in the draft this year. Interior DT is solid with this draft class.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Largent80":19bxmsed said:
Great to hear. We missed him badly.

How did we miss him badly? Aside from 1 game against KC when Kevin Williams was getting used to the position, the run defense was actually better than when he was in there. His loss didn't signify a decline in play at all. Infact, after he went down the defense played it's most dominant ball since PC became head coach.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3w46ydfg said:
Largent80":3w46ydfg said:

How did we miss him badly? Aside from 1 game against KC when Kevin Williams was getting used to the position, the run defense was actually better than when he was in there. His loss didn't signify a decline in play at all. Infact, after he went down the defense played it's most dominant ball since PC became head coach.

And then we lost Jordan Hill and the D-Line got very thin very quickly.

Largent80

Reaction score
jlwaters1":r21amp2m said:
Largent80":r21amp2m said:

OK, excuse me, he wasn't missed at all, didn't mean to appear so ignorant, obviously, he is a bum and makes no difference to the team at all.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2v4w6idi said:
Largent80":2v4w6idi said:

Most of that was Wagner and Lane (and Maxwell too? Was he injured?) returning to the lineup as well as Kam getting to full strength. We also can't forget how much easier the 2nd half schedule was versus the first half.

Kevin Williams played steady at NT but he can't cause disrupt the run game the way Mebane can. If he's healthy I'm all for bringing him back at his current salary.

Largent80

Reaction score
Also, after he went down our schedule was a lot friendlier, but hey, he wasn't missed right?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Let's not forget that Williams, although admirably filled in, he's not a Nose Tackle and doesn't really want to be a nose tackle. He signed to rotate in and out, but with injuries along the line, we had no choice but to put him there. We aren't in real cap trouble, so I do hope we keep Mebane this year.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Largent80":1qthqv7n said:
jlwaters1":1qthqv7n said:
Largent80":1qthqv7n said:

OK, excuse me, he wasn't missed at all, didn't mean to appear so ignorant, obviously, he is a bum and makes no difference to the team at all.

Never said you were ignorant, or that he was a bum. I just think people are overstating Mebane's importance. We certaintly were thin at DT at the end of the year, but I'm not sure Mebane would have had much of an impact in the super bowl as we were in need of interior pass rush and that's not Mebane's deal.

titan3131

Reaction score
im sorry but you are wrong.

On the 3rd and long tom brady ran up the middle 5 yards and nailed edelmen for the first down.

if mebane was in he would have been clogging the gut up making that play a dud instead of a stud...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
titan3131":xs4slsvd said:
im sorry but you are wrong.

On the 3rd and long tom brady ran up the middle 5 yards and nailed edelmen for the first down.

if mebane was in he would have been clogging the gut up making that play a dud instead of a stud...

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Mebane wouldn't have been in the game during a 3rd and long situation.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":18hdlr4i said:
jlwaters1":18hdlr4i said:
Largent80":18hdlr4i said:

Most of that was Wagner and Lane (and Maxwell too? Was he injured?) returning to the lineup as well as Kam getting to full strength. We also can't forget how much easier the 2nd half schedule was versus the first half.

Kevin Williams played steady at NT but he can't cause disrupt the run game the way Mebane can. If he's healthy I'm all for bringing him back at his current salary.

I'd agree. I'd love to see Mebane back, and he's easily worth 5.5 mil. Williams is best at 3 tech, which is why it was surprising he played so well at NT when asked to.

My dream scenario would be to be able to sign Suh and pair him up with Mebane. I'd love to see Williams back, but he wouldn't have a position with Suh on the line. Dude is solid and deserves a ring though.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Largent80":1q2zu3wn said:
Also, after he went down our schedule was a lot friendlier, but hey, he wasn't missed right?

Kinda funny how things turn out; looking at the schedule at the beginning of the season, those last eight weeks looked like a murderer's row.