This might sum it up

bowzerbird

Reaction score
RUN20LYNCH20COLOR zpsfltnpt5l

Just so ya know, if you looked closely at the film, you'll see Marshawn Lynch [who else] run to the left and WAIT behind the line. When it pans out, you see from the knees down, his legs are "set" for action and then become relaxed. WHY !??! Because the ball was thrown to the middle instead of to the edge, HIS edge. Chris Matthews could have covered the right side.
Or maybe they could have found a way to "STUFF" Marshawn through a "hole" inside a "gauntlet" of linebackers etc.. The ball only needs to CROSS the line, just even the tip.
Russell could have changed the play as he has done many times before. From assessing the situation, he could have changed how the ball would be transferred.
And remember . . . they had three [3] downs to get the TD.
Like everyone has said, "What were they thinking"

I still LOVE our guys and will always. But I'll bet ya, Lockette is gone when the draft starts. Wasn't Jermaine Kearse amazing!! THE CATCH OF ALL TIME.

Next Year we will show 'em WHO'S BOSS!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm a substitute teacher, the other day I was subbing for a guy who knows I'm an obsessed seahawks fan. In his lesson plans he just had to write, "make sure to hand out all papers, do not pass them out!" Asshole.

firebee

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1uqj2uxc said:
I'm a substitute teacher, the other day I was subbing for a guy who knows I'm an obsessed seahawks fan. In his lesson plans he just had to write, "make sure to hand out all papers, do not pass them out!" Asshole.
LMFAO... That's pretty funny actually

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1nscpwco said:

True, he shouldn't have made fun of ya. But no one is exempt from ridicule these days. PC can be lame at best so just consider the source and as I always say, "Shine him on". You should have tossed him a DEFLATED FB. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But ya know, when ALL else fails, Marshawn IZ always there to rescue the day. He was just waitin' for his chance and had three [3] downs to do it in.
I can actually picture in my mind how it would have played out and we would have won, trust me! Ball never should have been passed through the center. Marshawn was WAITIN' fer it.
REMEMBER . . . . HE'S JUST ABOUT THAT ACTION, BOSS. THEE ACTION OF CATCHING THE BALL AND MAKING BIG PLAYS. In this case, like making the TD to win THEE game.

GO MARSHAWN THEE HAWK!

Mick063

Reaction score
The pundits want you to forget all this stuff and concentrate on the Brady love fest.

Well not you, just the rest of NFL nation.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
JSeahawks":5hmpjly0 said:

Write him back, "You're like a teacher on vacation... noooo class!" (I can't take credit for that one. Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids) lol

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
They didn't have 3 downs to run the football.

There was 26 seconds left and only 1 timeout. They could not have run the ball 3 times.

Chosen1

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":17f7m2zk said:

There was 26 seconds left and only 1 timeout. They could not have run the ball 3 times.

On what planet do we assume Beast Mode needs 3 rushes to gain 1yd against that D with a championship on the line?!? We could have tied a cruise ship to his waist & he'd tow that bitch into the endzone. Having said that, I'm FAR less concerned with the run VS pass debate than I am about which pass play Bevel chose to call. Just awful.

firebee

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":vkn5gb1f said:

Bullcrap... You run... call a timeout.. That leaves 20 seconds left on the clock. You go over your next two runs, so the offense can line up no huddle and run consecutive plays. It's not like they had to line up 10 or 20 yards down the field if Lynch busted a big run. They're all right there. They easily could've ran 3 times witihin 26 seconds on 3 downs with a timeout.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Chosen1":1et61am4 said:
Hawkfan77":1et61am4 said:

On what planet do we assume Beast Mode needs 3 rushes to gain 1yd against that D with a championship on the line?!? We could have tied a cruise ship to his waist & he'd tow that bitch into the endzone. Having said that, I'm FAR less concerned with the run VS pass debate than I am about which pass play Bevel chose to call. Just awful.

This man speaks truth.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2g3q9455 said:

There was 1:02 on the clock when Lynch was tackled. He got up and handed the ball to the ref with 57 seconds. Yes, you want to run some time off the clock but the Hawks ran way too much off. There was more than ample time to run 3 straight times with proper clock management. They should have ran 2nd down with about 40 sec. Instead they went into a huddle, gave the Pats D a chance to rest and sub in whoever they wanted while we still "didn't have the right matchups" according to Pete even after taking 36 sec or so to get ready for 2nd down. It was piss poor clock strategy and game management.

This narrative that there was no way we could have run 3 straight times is false.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":28c0uqtw said:

But we all know they could have pushed Marshawn through a hole. We would have won. Confidence was high. TD toots. Bet my mortgage on it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3pd8n990 said:

They wouldn't have needed the other 2 downs if they ran it. Because Marshawn was going to score there no matter what.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":225l7v4c said:
Hawkfan77":225l7v4c said:

They wouldn't have needed the other 2 downs if they ran it. Because Marshawn was going to score there no matter what.
Amen Bro!!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
They got too cute. Period.

Carroll said that they threw that ball to "waste a down". Basically that means they threw the ball to waste a down and a few seconds, knowing the pass probably wouldn't work. They tried to call a safe pass play that either wouldn't work or would get the TD. That pass is rarely picked off.

My problem is that you play to damn win. They were playing to win, but got cute. I think that the coaches felt Lynch would score on the next play and they didn't want Brady to have 30 seconds and 2 time outs left to kick a field goal.

netskier

Reaction score
Agree with west Texas hawk. Suggest an immediate time out to call three running plays with hurry up running offense, running Lunch and/ or Wilson. Score ASAP, and let Brady try to score with his dink and dunk offense.

If Lynch has a 50% chance of scoring on each try, then he has a 25% chance of not scoring on two tries, and a 12.5% chance of not scoring on three tries, which is a 87.5% chance of scoring on the three tries. That is very good.

netskier

Reaction score
If Lynch has s 75% chance of scoring on that run, then he has a 1/16 chance of not scoring on two tries, and a 1/64 chance of not scoring on three tries.

Both put Brady into dink and dunk hell, so go for it.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
What about the KC game, lynch stuffed several time.s. Not saying anything other than sometime we didn't score bill rushing.

drdiags

Reaction score
Okung does his job on the 1st down run, all this angst is for nothing. "What If?" is just going to eat at folks for awhile.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Yea, it will eat at us for a LONG time. Recorded the game and watched it again last night. OH WHAH! :evil: :( Our MAIN MAN Marshawn got with in inches of the line. Gonna freeze frame and take another CLOSER LOOK. Just from watching it, it looked like he touched the line. Can't be sure.

It's like engineers designs on paper . . . does it work out in the field? Worked for a county water agency yrs. ago, and what the engineers designed in their offices, did NOT work out in the field, it exploded. Ho Ho.
And what PeterBird and Darrell "thought" would work, didn't. But I'm still SOOOO surprised at Russell, who knew WHAT would work and had ALWAYS worked in the past, use Marshawn. He's our Savior and made the TD's needed to forgive our sins when we needed Him.
Even Brady was SOOOO sure they lost. We should have accommodated him and given him the loss of a lifetime.
As usual, just venting.
BOMBERVERYANGRY zpsff220381

JUSTONECRYINGANGRYBIRDcopy zps3786fc5a

Even the ANGRY BIRDZ are angry and sad.