Will a Super Bowl win in the future make up this SB loss?

korboko

Reaction score
Sure it wouldn't take away the sting of not being B2B, but if you look at the NE Patriots (Sorry), they had the Perfect Season taking away from them in 2007 and then couldn't win the rematch in 2012. I'm sure people were ready to get off the Brady/Belichick bandwagon. Look at the fans now, they're just happy that their team won their 4th. The 18-1 season doesn't seem to haunt them anymore. Or does it?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The next superb owl win erases this game to me.

Heck, I don't even think about XL, or care for that matter.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Nothing can ever change what happened today. I'll move past it, there is no doubt about that, and the next Super Bowl victory will be extremely sweet indeed, but this loss is and always will be what it was and that is heart breaking

Uncle Si

Reaction score
korboko":39u6l4fl said:
Sure it wouldn't take away the sting of not being B2B, but if you look at the NE Patriots (Sorry), they had the Perfect Season taking away from them in 2007 and then couldn't win the rematch in 2012. I'm sure people were ready to get off the Brady/Belichick bandwagon. Look at the fans now, they're just happy that their team won their 4th. The 18-1 season doesn't seem to haunt them anymore. Or does it?

i look at the Patriots as a testament why not to be overly devastated by this loss (although this loss sucks)

cesame

Reaction score
Remember when the Spurs choked away game 6 against the Heat in 2013?

They came back and won it and 2014 and erased those demons.

Another SB trophy would definitely ease the pain because we'll appreciate it that much more.

McGruff

Reaction score
No. No matter how many Superbowls we win, it will always be two less than it should have been.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":apb6ong6 said:
Nothing can ever change what happened today. I'll move past it, there is no doubt about that, and the next Super Bowl victory will be extremely sweet indeed, but this loss is and always will be what it was and that is heart breaking

Yep.

nepahawk

Reaction score
What bothers me is it is a title we can't get back.
Even if we win it all next year, I will still think that it could have and should
have been 3 in a row.

It was a great season, terrible ending!

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
It won't erase it, but it will certainly put it to rest. I will never forget XL, but it doesn't bother me anymore like it used to. I think that after a while our players will use this loss as extra motivation for winning 50 next year.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Can't win them all. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

It's about perspective, sure it was the worst play call in the history of the game, we will move on.

Meeker

Reaction score
If they win next year, they'll be remembered as the team that should have been the first three-peat champions...but failed to do so.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
I think it won't. This isn't one we will easily get over. You go back to 2013 at Atlanta. Without a doubt in my mind...we win that game...nothing stops us from heading to the Super Bowl. 2013-2014 was a magical year...one I would never give back for anything. And then we have 2014-2015. This one would have wiped the slate clean on everything we have ever gone through as a fanbase. The Boz. The Behrings. The 2-14 season. Dan McGwire. Kelly Stouffer. Rick Mirer. We want the ball and we're gonna score. Super Bowl XL. Back to back championships marks our entry into the hallowed halls of teams good enough to do it consecutively. We would become...elite. We would forever cast off those shackles as one of "those" teams.

And...one thing everyone has forgotten. A win last night would have put the Seahawks as a team with an overall winning record all time. In the grand scheme of things it means nothing but from a psychological point of view it meant everything. Lucy had the ball...we were going to kick the ball finally...and then...she did what she always does. We go flying...land on our backs. The butt of every joke. The model of what not to do when the Super Bowl is on the line. The worst play call with everything on the line. We have come so far. To see it all go up in flames is gut wrenching. I say right now...I won't be getting over this. I said the same thing about Green Bay and the pick six. I said the same thing about Super Bowl XL. If we win it all next year I will come back and report on how I feel. Right now I don't see this ever leaving me.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Nothing makes up for this loss.

That said, there aren't many teams that get to that game 3 years in a row and if we do it, the entire story changes yet again.

drcool

Reaction score
If we had mortgaged the future to put together this run I would be very broken up. But knowing we have a great core put together and have a very, very good shot at getting back to multiple Super Bowls over the next few years make it easier to bear.

kf3339

Reaction score
Meeker":225ccf1m said:
If they win next year, they'll be remembered as the team that should have been the first three-peat champions...but failed to do so.

:13:

They screwed up this game. No other way to look at it.

strohmin

Reaction score
The only thing you can do with this game is forget that it ever existed.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It will change the pain, but not the meaning of the game.

This would have passed the torch from Brady to Russ.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Dynasty talk is still in play when (not if) Hawks win another Superb Owl

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Winning the Superb Owl in freaking Santa Clara would erase this. Yes. I love my team and Im glad they are ours... THIS JUST KEEPS THE FIRE BURNING!