Will a Super Bowl win in the future make up this SB loss?

bradynumber4

Reaction score
You Seahawks won't be feeling it now, but if you win another one it will erase the demons of this one. The problem is winning another one. It took the pats 7 years to get over SB 42.

Also it's not quite the same to compare. Although NE lost to the Giants twice, the first three Superbowls were by three points. As easy as it could have been 5-0 it could have been 0-5.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Another win will help, but it won;t erase it.

We all know we could have won this game with just a simple play call being different. And not even a difficult play call...the most obvious and simple play call of all.

That stings, and that won't be taken away because we all know they could have and should have won this game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
korboko":bfxxutfu said:
Sure it wouldn't take away the sting of not being B2B, but if you look at the NE Patriots (Sorry), they had the Perfect Season taking away from them in 2007 and then couldn't win the rematch in 2012. I'm sure people were ready to get off the Brady/Belichick bandwagon. Look at the fans now, they're just happy that their team won their 4th. The 18-1 season doesn't seem to haunt them anymore. Or does it?

yes oh those poor poor poor Patriot fans..it must be rough having been to the most superbowls in NFL history and winning 4 out of 6 in the 2000s...man...such a rough fanhood :roll:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I think people would be lying if they said no...time and a sb win would help heal the wound but the scar will still be there...

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
We are more fortunate than most fans...especially on the NFC side....Going from the 2000s till now only the giants have technically been better winning 2 out of 3. We are the only team other than the Giants in the NFC to go to 3 superbowls since 2000 and just in apperances alone you would probably have to go back to the Cowboys/49er dynasties to find more

Hawks46

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1f232z2y said:
The next superb owl win erases this game to me.

Heck, I don't even think about XL, or care for that matter.

Ditto.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I really don't see us getting to a third straight Superbowl.................going to back to back is difficult enough, 3 in a row, is asking a whole lot.

And nothing will erase what happened yesterday.........................

OP
OP
K

korboko

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2yvahd1x said:
I really don't see us getting to a third straight Superbowl.................going to back to back is difficult enough, 3 in a row, is asking a whole lot.

And nothing will erase what happened yesterday.........................

Even if we don't get to Super Bowl 50... there's still 51 and beyond.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you would rather have the Broncos blow-out loss from last year...

No takers? Didn't think so.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
no the way we lost is what hurts the most.. not that we lost....

idahawks

Reaction score
No, it wouldn't. If your child died and you had another would the second one ever replace the first.

This SB win is gone forever and can't be replaced.

jake206

Reaction score
Not entirely, but can't live in the past. Nobody cares about the last one. Only the next one.

Pats might have 49, but who knows about 50. Right in the 9ers back yard too! :49ersmall:

Besides I like Superbowls in even numbers anyway.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hopefully we get to look back at this game as an impetus for future SB wins. It was a tough loss though, and to think a hand off or two would have sealed the deal. Guess it takes losses like this to build character.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
5 years ago here in Canada, I witneessed my team apparently win the championship when the opposing team missed an FG on the last play of the game. They got called for too many men and on the 2nd chance, the kicker made good. That game was won and then lost on a more embarrasing mistake than what happened yesterday.
It took the next win in 2013 to get passed it. I wont forget 2009 but 2013 definitely took away the pain.

Hopefully the Hawks win another one soon, cause I guarantee folks, it really makes a lot of the pain go away.

crosfam

Reaction score
Yes, to me a win next year, or anytime in the coming years, will make up for it. Might even feel better than if we had won two or three in a row, Just please don't make me wait thirty years like the last time (1984-2014). That loss to the Raider's scarred me. I remember the "going to Tampa Bay" super bowl song that played on the Seattle radio back then.

Seagal2013

Reaction score
Meeker":22r8qj9j said:
If they win next year, they'll be remembered as the team that should have been the first three-peat champions...but failed to do so.

:th2thumbs: THIS...just THIS! The thought of winning it next year knowing what that we SHOULD be the first three peat champions takes the good feels of victory away...and even if we DO win you just KNOW the rest of the league is going to be shoving it down our throats that we should have had three.....

Seagal2013

Reaction score
Ambrose83":sn189dbc said:
no the way we lost is what hurts the most.. not that we lost....

I totally agree with this...if we had ran the ball and got stuffed at the goal line all three times then good on them, they would have at least EARNED the win...I feel like we handed them this championship on a silver platter! I KNOW it's stupid and irrational, the pats played a well fought game but in my broken 12 heart...I can't help but think what MIGHT have happened if he had JUST RAN THE BALL! I think I just need more time to absord and marinate the loss a little bit more....

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
50 years from now Darrell Bevell will still be known as the dumbest OC in the history of the NFL and the proud mastermind of the worst play call in NFL history.

That play is going to be repeated multiple times every year for as long as the nfl exists. That was a historical play.

That playcall is going to be used as the #1 example of what NOT to do.

Remember in the movie, Kingpin, how everyone talks about being "munsoned" ? I think "bevelled" is going to become like that.

With time it wont sting quite as much, but there is no getting over this loss. You have to give up football to get over this.

The super bowl is the biggest sporting event in the world, and with 1 yard to go we bevell ourselves. The problem is, we DESERVE to get bevelled because our team refuses to get rid of Bevell. We've all seen how terrible he is as an OC and playcaller, so why do people expect anything different? Bevell did exactly the kind of thing weve seen from him before.