I'm not going to dwell on the playcall

theascension

Reaction score
But the fallout from it.. I hate to say it but the worst is running through my head. This is the kind of disaster that RUINS franchises. I love this team, it's the most entertaining football team since the '85 bears but what if we lose that character because of this? What if Lynch says 'screw it'?
We do have a big draft coming up with 11 picks but.. what now? How can we field a better team in 2015? What if this amazing cast of characters never even makes another super bowl?

MB12

Reaction score
I have the same worries as you,

mike silver tweeted how players in the locker room were openly ripping this decision

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hard to not dwell on that playcall when it will be the what-if we look back on for a long, long time. That was a franchise-changing play.

To go from 2 time world champions to 2 time super bowl losers in one play. A completely avoidable play.

w00t

Reaction score
MB12":1kiqxnt5 said:
I have the same worries as you,

mike silver tweeted how players in the locker room were openly ripping this decision

If i was a player I would rip the decision also. screw that. 1 yard line and 1 timeout left.

OP
OP
T

theascension

Reaction score
Would everyone have been happier if we'd been stuffed on a run play AND THEN threw an interception?
We were outcoached and didn't play great defense - injuries caught up to us.

This stat from PFF tells it all :
"Marshawn Lynch ran the ball from the 1 yard line 5 times this season. 1 TD, 2 runs for no gain, 2 runs for a loss."
And from memory that's pretty well true, Marshawn is not shaun alexander behind Hutch/Jones. I will say I'm disappointed we didn't at least run it once to give him a chance, but the result could have been exactly the same.

djb28

Reaction score
You can't dwell on it. Fact is the Defense blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead. A very lucky ( but awesome ) circus catch by Kearse . Without that play we probably are not in position for the bone headed play call. Hawks got some work to do this off season, But it isn't anything major. We are gonna be great for awhile..Me thinks!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
This was the super bowl buddy. He was not going to be stopped. Put in the full back and blast beast in.

and as for the actual play that was called Revis just said we studied their tapes and we knew the look. we knew what they would do from that formation.
A rookie read that play. That should tell you all you need to know about what is wrong with the design of our passing offense.

OP
OP
T

theascension

Reaction score
You don't need to study any film on a 1 yard pass play.. you're going to jump that route no matter what. Otherwise you lose. That's why it's bone headed and I don't disagree but it could have played out a thousand other ways.. that's football. I'm much more worried about how we let that play define us . That's really what everyone should be asking, what's done is done.