How about the "Rough Riders" from the Pacific North West?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I've heard the name floating around and let me be the first to say, i absolutely love it and think it fits the team perfectly.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
ummmm, you're about 4 decades too late. Team is called the Seahawks; Also, I'm pretty sure Edomonton are the rough riders. Or Saskatchewan, or someplace up north.

OP
OP

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1uvbhuxy said:
ummmm, you're about 4 decades too late. Team is called the Seahawks; Also, I'm pretty sure Edomonton are the rough riders. Or Saskatchewan, or someplace up north.

I didnt coin this man, i said i have heard it from multiple places now.

Northhawk

Reaction score
The name has been used not once but twice. It's currently the name of the CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders and it was the name of the Ottawa Rough Riders. Ironically, for most of the CFL's history, Both teams played in the league at the same time. Ottawa RR's started playing in 1876 and went out of operation in 1996. Saskatchewan started in 1910 and are still going strong.

So using Rough Riders would be redundant twice over. So no.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Thought it was a travesty that Ottawa's CFL team returned as the stupid RedBlacks instead of the Rough Riders. It was one of the great little quirks in sports that in a 9 team league there was two Rough Riders.

Latest posts