Bobby Wagner

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He got one vote for MVP, didn't even know he was being considered. Pretty cool if you ask me.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It's hilarious. But honestly, that vote is kind of a mockery of the award. Whoever did it should probably have his voting privilege revoked.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
The MVP voting is pretty stupid in all sports. It always goes to the player with the best stats, and not to the player who was most valuable. And that's not saying the people who won them didn't deserve them.

Wagner returning was crucial to the season. He's the Wilson of the defense. Without him the Hawks wouldn't be in the playoffs.

If MVP was voted the way it should, Wagner would be in the list for most deserving of the award.

Mick063

Reaction score
It is a popularity contest. Just like a Miss America pageant.

Considering that, why would any true Seahawk fan disagree with Bobby getting a vote? Especially from a coach, a player that played with the famous "Steel Curtain" of the Steelers. Wouldn't he be as qualified to vote for the "Miss America" of football as anyone else?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":bojcmdac said:
It's hilarious. But honestly, that vote is kind of a mockery of the award. Whoever did it should probably have his voting privilege revoked.

Seriously? Hilarious? Mockery? You sound like Gregg Rosenthal.

In the true sense of the word it's arguable that Bobby has provided the most ultimate value out of all those players. It seems really unlikely we're here at the Super Bowl today without Bobby. Of course, had he not been injured then he'd never have got a vote, but in doing so we found the true value of Bobby Wagner.

I think it's a cool, out of the box/unconventional thinking vote. And it's only 1 out of 50, not a big deal.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't see it. I can think of five players on the Seahawks alone that are more valuable than Bobby.

Gun to your head, would you rather play without Bobby tomorrow or without Earl Thomas, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson or Richard Sherman? Hell, I'll take a full speed Kam Chancellor too.

Not trying to knock Wagz. He's a stud. Deserving All-Pro. I'm just being real. If we didn't have Bobby tomorrow, we'd still have a chance. If we didn't have Russell or Marshawn? What do you think?

If he's not MOST VALUABLE on this team, how can he be MOST VALUABLE in the league?

Just being logical, objective. This would be like Chris Harris getting an MVP vote. Fantastic, underrated player. Not MVP.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2e19e5d4 said:
Sorry, I don't see it. I can think of five players on the Seahawks alone that are more valuable than Bobby.

Gun to your head, would you rather play without Bobby tomorrow or without Earl Thomas, Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson or Richard Sherman? Hell, I'll take a full speed Kam Chancellor too.

Not trying to knock Wagz. He's a stud. Deserving All-Pro. I'm just being real. If we didn't have Bobby tomorrow, we'd still have a chance. If we didn't have Russell or Marshawn? What do you think?

If he's not MOST VALUABLE on this team, how can he be MOST VALUABLE in the league?

Just being logical.

I can see that argument, and agree with a lot of it, it's why I said he'd not get a vote if he wasn't injured. I just didn't think it was a huge reach, Bobby's been our MVP in being the piece that turned our season around.

Of course, a lot of the thinking behind MVP is a hypothetical 'how teams would perform without this player', and people got to see how we were without Bobby, and how valuable he really was to us.

In terms of the other stuff, I'd take Wilson and Lynch above Bobby, but it's definitely not as straight-forward an answer between Bobby, Earl, Kam and Sherm anymore.