Any Chance?

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Having carefully read many posts from all the extremely knowledgeable Seahawk fans articulating the Hawk invincibility I have one question. Is there any possibility that the Hawks could lose? If so what would the Pats have to do?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
bostonhardo":23s242z9 said:
Is there any possibility that the Hawks could lose? If so what would the Pats have to do?

Deflate their balls.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I know the Seahawks will compete as hard as they possibly can, and I believe they will win their 2nd consecutive Super Bowl. Every major statistic favors them. All of the computer models give the Seahawks an advantage entering this game.

But the ball is a funny shape, and you never know how subjective factors will play out on game day. Turnovers and time of possession are the biggest factors. Ideally for New England, things will play out for the Seahawks as they did in Week 2 against the Chargers and for the first three quarters in the NFC Championship against Green Bay.

Essentially, you need to beat us at our own game. That will require the Seahawks to not run the ball as much as they should on first and second down, as they did in those previous two games. For its part, New England should try to dominate time of possession with the short and intermediate passing game, complete 60% or more of their 3rd downs, and win the turnover battle. And then they would have to hold their collective breaths and hope and pray that the clock expires before we have time to rally for another comeback.

I don't foresee this happening. I think we shut you down for the most part by getting to Brady on 3rd downs and win the turnover battle. Offensively, we establish the run early on and then pick your linebackers apart with play action passing. Seahawks Re-Pete and then go for an unprecedented Three-Pete.

mistaowen

Reaction score
The one time our offense punts on Sunday, Jon Ryan will kick the ball out of the stadium like the old nerf commercials.

Russell Wilson Superbowl stats: 17-18 for 826 yards and 11 TDs.

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
SoCalHawk":2lzde3xy said:
Sly move, troll. Go back under your rock.

Sly move? Troll? WTH. I honestly want to know if any of you see any way you will lose.

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2lo7s7ld said:
I know the Seahawks will compete as hard as they possibly can, and I believe they will win their 2nd consecutive Super Bowl. Every major statistic favors them. All of the computer models give the Seahawks an advantage entering this game.

But the ball is a funny shape, and you never know how subjective factors will play out on game day. Turnovers and time of possession are the biggest factors. Ideally for New England, things will play out for the Seahawks as they did in Week 2 against the Chargers and for the first three quarters in the NFC Championship against Green Bay.

Essentially, you need to beat us at our own game. That will require the Seahawks to not run the ball as much as they should on first and second down, as they did in those previous two games. For its part, New England should try to dominate time of possession with the short and intermediate passing game, complete 60% or more of their 3rd downs, and win the turnover battle. And then they would have to hold their collective breaths and hope and pray that the clock expires before we have time to rally for another comeback.

I don't foresee this happening. I think we shut you down for the most part by getting to Brady on 3rd downs and win the turnover battle. Offensively, we establish the run early on and then pick your linebackers apart with play action passing. Seahawks Re-Pete and then go for an unprecedented Three-Pete.

Will they get to Brady on 3rd down by blitzing or with a 4 man rush?

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
mistaowen":2kzuo2zi said:
The one time our offense punts on Sunday, Jon Ryan will kick the ball out of the stadium like the old nerf commercials.

Russell Wilson Superbowl stats: 17-18 for 826 yards and 11 TDs.

Wouldn't I love to wager on your 1 punt premise.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2q7af47k said:
SoCalHawk":2q7af47k said:

Sly move? Troll? WTF. I honestly want to know if any of you see any way you will lose.

if you're being serious, there are many threads discussing the matchups and what needs to go right for a repeat as well as the strengths of the Patriots.

Seahawks front 4 needs to pressure Brady. dont need sacks, but need to make sure he doesnt have 6 seconds for his receivers to get open. Seahawks need to stop the run, early and often. A turnover early would be nice.

on offense, they have to hit some big plays early. The patriots will want to stop the run, and that will mean moving the ball through the air. Browner/Revis will make it hard, so targeting the TE, or RBs out of the backfield, or stacking the line on one side so the CBs cant jam will hopefully get them separation.

basically, they need to execute the game plan they have been running since week 6. Patriots are one of the best teams they've played since then, so its going to have its struggles.

if you're being a dick, well then yes, your team has no chance.

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mbvtexj said:
bostonhardo":2mbvtexj said:
SoCalHawk":2mbvtexj said:

Sly move? Troll? WTF. I honestly want to know if any of you see any way you will lose.

if you're being serious, there are many threads discussing the matchups and what needs to go right for a repeat as well as the strengths of the Patriots.

No I am not being a dick. I am entirely serious. I have read thread after thread. Of course this is a Hawk board and you are Hawk fans so as expected the threads are focused on how you will win. I expect nothing less and I am sure the Pats forum is the same. I just want to know from a Hawk fan perspective if there is anything about the Pats that worries them and if so what is it.

Much the same as in years past when the Pats were beating up on the Colts I always feared Manning coming out of his playoff funk and going crazy on them. Even this year although I expected the Pats to beat the ravens I knew that Flacco always plays well against them and there was always a chance he could go off.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2w8jlosd said:

Mostly with a four man rush. Avril and Bennett are the fastest down linemen off the ball that New England has faced this year. Nate Soldier and your RG will have their hands full with those two.

But they will also mix it up with Irvin and Schofield, who are also very fast off the ball. In addition to the occasional blitz by Wagner and Wright. This is the Patriots' greatest weakness, IMO. It also happens to be one of our strengths, so you can count on a dedicated game plan to get after Brady in obvious passing situations.

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mf9w545 said:
bostonhardo":2mf9w545 said:
SoCalHawk":2mf9w545 said:

Seahawks front 4 needs to pressure Brady. dont need sacks, but need to make sure he doesnt have 6 seconds for his receivers to get open. Seahawks need to stop the run, early and often. A turnover early would be nice.

on offense, they have to hit some big plays early. The patriots will want to stop the run, and that will mean moving the ball through the air. Browner/Revis will make it hard, so targeting the TE, or RBs out of the backfield, or stacking the line on one side so the CBs cant jam will hopefully get them separation.

basically, they need to execute the game plan they have been running since week 6. Patriots are one of the best teams they've played since then, so its going to have its struggles.

You like Browner better than me. All I've seen is him either taking a PI or getting beat on double moves. I just hope they give him help.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2vkky7rb said:
You like Browner better than me. All I've seen is him either taking a PI or getting beat on double moves. I just hope they give him help.

This is what may happen if Browner covers Luke Willson:
SparklingUnconsciousDavidstiger.gif

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3d8bfaw6 said:
bostonhardo":3d8bfaw6 said:

Mostly with a four man rush. Avril and Bennett are the fastest down linemen off the ball that New England has faced this year. Nate Soldier and your RG will have their hands full with those two.

But they will also mix it up with Irvin and Schofield, who are also very fast off the ball. In addition to the occasional blitz by Wagner and Wright. This is the Patriots' greatest weakness, IMO. It also happens to be one of our strengths, so you can count on a dedicated game plan to get after Brady in obvious passing situations.

Can't agree with you there on strength weakness. Since the 4th game of the season the O-line pass protection has been a strength. Buffalo (twice) , Detroit and the Ravens a few weeks ago are very good pass rushing teams who were very ineffective.

OP
OP
B

bostonhardo

Reaction score
hawknation2015":wi4jpzrn said:
bostonhardo":wi4jpzrn said:

This is what may happen if Browner covers Luke Willson:
SparklingUnconsciousDavidstiger.gif

You might be right. Pretty impressive Cardinal team hanging with you that long with a 4th string QB and 3/4 of their starting defense wiped out.

Largent80

Reaction score
Preparing for our defense vs. a crappy Indy team isn't very good for NE.

You can't expect us, as fans who watch every minute, to not think the Hawks can handle NE.

A

Anonymous

The Pats could win, if they can successfully defend, "The Play".

But they won't.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bostonhardo":20sin3e1 said:
Uncle Si":20sin3e1 said:
bostonhardo":20sin3e1 said:
SoCalHawk":20sin3e1 said:

No I am not being a dick. I am entirely serious. I have read thread after thread. Of course this is a Hawk board and you are Hawk fans so as expected the threads are focused on how you will win. I expect nothing less and I am sure the Pats forum is the same. I just want to know from a Hawk fan perspective if there is anything about the Pats that worries them and if so what is it.

Much the same as in years past when the Pats were beating up on the Colts I always feared Manning coming out of his playoff funk and going crazy on them. Even this year although I expected the Pats to beat the ravens I knew that Flacco always plays well against them and there was always a chance he could go off.

one thing that concerns me is your coach. Its no secret what the hawks weaknesses are. but we've managed to overcome them in part due to the failures of the other teams (and coaches) to make adjustments and take advantage.

I dont see NE making those mistakes. The Seahawks will have to play a tight game to come out on top.

Latest posts