PETE PRISCO: Here's what it's like trying to tackle Marshawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24986411

Img24986401

PHOENIX­­ -- In a hallway here this week on the night of the Pro Bowl draft, Denver Broncos defensive end/linebacker DeMarcus Ware decided to use my body to describe how tough it can be to tackle Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch.

I asked Ware, a veteran of a lot of football and plenty of big hits, if he had any stories about the pitfalls of trying to tackle Lynch and his powerful running style, one that has earned him the nickname of Beast Mode.

Ware decided a demonstration would work. He showed me how Lynch used his stiff arm to get away from Ware, who outweighs the back by some 30 pounds. Let's just say if a stiff arm in the chest from Lynch feels anything like the one Ware put in my chest ­­-- with little force I might add ­­-- it can't feel good.

"I shed my blocker and I was there waiting for him," Ware said. "I said to myself, 'I got him.' I tried to lock up on him and he knocked me off. I was like, 'Are you kidding me?' That just shows how strong he is. I knew I had to bring the heat if I was going to tackle him."

Here's a look at that play:

Mc1KDtf

Status
Not open for further replies.