Are Aikman and Buck that bad?

kearly

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But IMO we make way too big a deal out of commentators. It is interesting to me the things that snobbery has invaded in recent decades.

I thought those two called an awesome game in the last two NFCCGs. Say what you will about them but they add a big game atmosphere to every game they call.

I like Buck, but I understand the hate due to his apathetic demeanor and how he genuinely seems to hate his job at times. I like Aikman a lot and think he's one of the best. Maybe it's because I'm an abstract thinker and Aikman tends to rely on his instincts and experiences.

KatarHol

Reaction score
I have noticed a tendency to focus on the negative from that crew. I prefer a crew that focuses on the positive like Gruden and Tirico.

idahawks

Reaction score
Aikman is terrible. He always sides with the refs against the hawks even on a bad call. He should never do cowboys games he is incapable of being unbias. He hates the hawks he only wants teams to win that were good when he played- cowboys, 9ers, broncos etc..

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I have no problem with them, whats the big deal? They didn't provide any quotes or anything.

chet380

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2vkzg3bk said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZgdX6UwCE

They look sad, they definitely were leaning for the Packers to win.

From Kidhawl's video link --

"What a shame if Green Bay loses this game ..."

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I've always found that Aikman and Buck point out every little ticky tack BS thing that "should have been called" when they are calling Seahawks games.

They annoy the crap out of me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't mind Aikman/Buck, except when doing Cowboy games. I have no idea why FOX/CBS put announcers on their previous teams. I imagine it's because they lobby to get those assignments, or perhaps they figure they might get better insider type information. Either way, I think they could get a less biased announcing crew if they stopped letting players announce for their previous teams so much.

Playmaker21

Reaction score
This is a generational thing. I do not understand the obsession with hanging onto the words of the announce team. I watch the game for the game. Not to listen to commentary.

I also think the shift to "local broadcast teams" being too much "Sunshine and Lollipops" about the local teams has a lot of fans brainwashed. Remember, these local guys are paid by that team to broadcast their games. Therefore they are not allowed to be too critical.

It's the same that goes with local Sports Radio. When you have the teams buying huge chunks of ads on the radio stations, hosts are told to tone the criticism down for the local teams. And it is even worse at the station(s) that are the "rights holders"

So do I think Aikman and Buck are bad? I don't know. No better or worse than any other duo I guess.

Burnplant

Reaction score
The way they went on about the late hit on Russell in the Niner's game at Seattle was way too far to overlook.

They replayed it multiple times, well past when the play was over, and came back to it throughout the rest of the game.

The call was borderline (at best), but they know those calls happen and harped on Seattle benefitting in an over the top way.

Giblien

Reaction score
For my money I always like Collinsworth and Michaels.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They killed me this last game. I couldn't watch the replay without wanting to throat punch them.

"Dom Capers has to thrilled with this improved Packer defense today. Suffocating."

"Outside of just a few plays the Packer defense has shut the Seahawks down" (That was at the OT kick)

4 balls fall right into their hands, 2 off the hands of Kearse. Lynch gained decent yards every time he carried the football with the exception of 2 plays for over 6 yards a carry and nearly 160 rushing yards.

Meanwhile Lacy has 75. ARod with 178 and 2 picks of his own.

The only suffocating to me was the crap they spewed. It was said before, Aikman always favors the teams that were good when he was playing. Its been true for as long as they have been together.

gonzhawk

Reaction score
Remember when Mike Fartz called that game vs rams? Now that was bias!! haha-
Those guys are lame, but not that bad unless its Dallas-they bring Erin Andrews over Chewie now...

I am tired of Terry, HOwiE and Jimmy on Fox-old and lame-other than diehard middle agers like myself or older fans,
who the hell cares about those 3 dudes...? and their opinions? At least CBS got smart and unloaded marino and sharp-

I still hate Bill cowher though, what a clown-
Off topic, sorry bout that mini announcer hate rant...

Chawks1

Reaction score
We turned them off last week and synced up Raible and Moon. Sooooo much better. The homerism is greatly appreciated and they show depth of knowledge of what's going n out. There because they know these guys and the team so well.

Aikman seems to miss the big picture and focus and crap rather than quality. buck is a baseball guy and calls Football games In a similar fashion. Can't stand them calling games.

But I have found a new high level of respect for Aikman with his comments on Brady and the Payriots lying and covering up.