Pete's Friday Press Conference w/Recap

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Largent80

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I hope he says if today or tomorrow is the last practice before leaving, and if they will do any at all next week other than a walk through.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":32nudfl5 said:
Thanks for the heads up. I hope he says if today or tomorrow is the last practice before leaving, and if they will do any at all next week other than a walk through.

I'm sure it'll come up, but he did mention on Monday that they were doing it just like they did it last time. He followed that with a joke about how they kind of liked the way that one turned out....I am not sure he was really joking about that :lol:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Lot of guys returned to practice. We are in pretty good shape.

Said things aren't quite right without Earl out there. confident he'd play

Richard looked fine and took every play this week and looked fine.

Sweezy was rested but he's good would start if they were playing this week.

Reaction to Lane's comments...said Jeremy hadn't watched film yet...got a few laughs

Any discussion on Media day.....When the time comes they will. Not dwelling on it now

Called it a benefit that the guys know what to expect having been through this last year. Going to stick to the same routine.

on Ken Norton Jr...said he was a player who wore his heart on his sleeve. Tremendous intensity...fired up...aggressive. Stood for all the things you love about football and being a linebacker. When they brought him on board they told him they didn't want him to change one bit. Been invaluable to us

Britt looked good this week. Should be ready to go

Not awkward between Bill and himself. Probably should be but it's not.

On his relationship with him now? Said they have gotten along great. Holds him in the highest of regard. Said they have bumped into each other a number of times. Said Bill visited him at USC. said their relationship is based on respect.

oh Johnson. Said he practiced and should be ready to go. Added that we are really getting guys back and Jeron is another one of those guys.

Spoke on how he's grown since his firing from the Patriots. Said it put him on course to do the things he's doing today. Said he doesn't regret anything that happened.

on Williams....said he was one of the guys he was excited to see after the game. Said he's been a leader on his teams and he couldn't wait to see him and talk about it.

on his system for practicing...said he derived it from Bill Walsh.

On his similarities to Bill Walsh....said he'd like to think that they are similar. Both defensive minded. Spoke on the importance of fundamentals. Example. Both us and the Patriots are +51 in turnover ration (didn't catch the period of time). Emphatic that playing within the fundamentals and not making mistakes is extremely important.

Called the patriots a precision throwing team and are very good in the short pass. Said we have to restrict the yard after catch.

On the elgible/ineligible receiver. Said the mechanics have drastically changed. Said the officials demonstrate who is eligible or ineligible by going to the line and signalling. Said they have to pay a lot of attention to things like that.

On DeflateGate...said it's a big deal for them but not for us.

That's it for today. Will be ALOT more next week, that's for SURE

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2hgmsbon said:
Did he expand on Earl at all?

Just said that he got a little work in today and that they expect him to be ready to go for the Super Bowl.

After hearing Pete today I'd be completely shocked to see Earl not playing

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
kidhawk":2mfx70o4 said:
seahawk12thman":2mfx70o4 said:
Did he expand on Earl at all?

Just said that he got a little work in today and that they expect him to be ready to go for the Super Bowl.

After hearing Pete today I'd be completely shocked to see Earl not playing

:179417:

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-SB49-Bye-Friday-Press-Conference/50ba780c-6635-4f69-99a5-bdfeeb1fe652[/urltargetblank]

Video of the Press Conference is now available

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks Kidhawk. I forgot my appt that lasted all afternoon. Ugh.