Yeah, Yeah, I know we WON the last two BUT good God man if

Marlin Man

Reaction score
we don't get some pressure on GQ Tom, we are going tobe sorry what is this 3 and 4 man ONLY rush the majority of the time????? They do NOT touch the QB!!!

Maybe we been "saving" it for the BIG ONE!!!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2w84s45p said:
Hello, post from late January 2014. Nice to see you again.
OH, I GET IT. YOU'RE SAYING IT'S AUTOMATICALLY AN IRRELEVANT POINT BECAUSE WE DISCUSSED IT LAST YEAR YET WON THE SUPER BOWL!

roethlisberger is the best quarterback in the nfl

Glad to see nobody ever confuses correlation and causation. Yes, you deserve the response I gave you, Sailor. :)

sutz

Reaction score
I think the point is that we've been seeing these "if we don't (insert fave pet peeve) they'll kick our butts" posts all season.

My standard response is always on the line of: I bet they're working on that. ;)

brettb3

Reaction score
Marlin Man":3pp2y69m said:
we don't get some pressure on GQ Tom, we are going tobe sorry what is this 3 and 4 man ONLY rush the majority of the time????? They do NOT touch the QB!!!

Maybe we been "saving" it for the BIG ONE!!!!!
Uh, hello. Welcome to a Pete Carroll coached team, where lots of blitzing has NEVER been the MO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There isn't an aspect of our defense that I'm concerned about. It's a miracle our offense and its woes didn't cost us the Packers game, though. Anyone thinking otherwise is a huge fan the self-delusion phenomenon, though.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
brettb3":2jepj1wl said:
Uh, hello. Welcome to a Pete Carroll coached team, where lots of blitzing has NEVER been the MO.
Didn't we actually blitz quite a bit in 2010? I know, I know; compensating for a very mediocre defense at the time, but I seem to recall a surprising number of bandit blitzes. We definitely almost never blitz nowadays/the past couple seasons.

By the way, OP: our base pass rush is actually pretty amazing. Forget sack totals. Look at total pressure; the combined number of sacks, hits, and hurries. We get a lot of total pressure on average without blitzing.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I was pissed at the amount of pressure our front four were getting last week, but I would guess with two weeks to get ready for the Pats the Hawks will come up with some new looks from the front 4. But really I think the loss of Mebane and Hill is the biggest issue with the front four getting pressure. I do think the team will mix in a few blitzes this time, but for the most part Bennett, Irvin, Avril and Schofield will have to bring their "A" games and get some pressure from all over.

It really is to bad we don't get to see Mebane, Hill, Marsh and to a much lesser degree Williams (Jesse) putting pressure up the gut for this game, but hopefully Cohen and Dobbs can have one of those games where they play out of their minds. We'll see.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":2tdtwz5o said:
Seahawk Sailor":2tdtwz5o said:
OH, I GET IT. YOU'RE SAYING IT'S AUTOMATICALLY AN IRRELEVANT POINT BECAUSE WE DISCUSSED IT LAST YEAR YET WON THE SUPER BOWL!

roethlisberger is the best quarterback in the nfl

Glad to see nobody ever confuses correlation and causation. Yes, you deserve the response I gave you, Sailor. :)

Sure. I could have said that I wasn't worried because there isn't an aspect of our defense that I'm concerned about. I might have also added that it's a miracle our offense and its woes didn't cost us the Packers game, though.

I wasn't confusing correlation and causation, and it's not automatically an irrelevant point. I was merely stating, tongue-in-cheek, that these exact concerns were voiced leading up to last year's Super Bowl, and this year, like last year, they may not prove to be as bad as people are worried about.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3kqjpxug said:

Isn't it a valid concern?

Since Hill went down, the Hawks interior D has had problems pushing in the pocket..........and we're going up against the best pocket passer in the league.

Last year: Mebane, Red, Hill, McDonald and McDaniels
This year: Williams, Cohen, Dobbs, McDaniels

Can't tell me that doesn't concern you.

hawk79

Reaction score
Ya, I'm worried about it too. Yes, we have a great, elite defense....but, I would feel better if we were getting better pressure on the QB. Sometimes it's playing the right team at the wrong time to have some of your warts exposed.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":34qlhh6r said:
RolandDeschain":34qlhh6r said:
I know, Sailor; I'm just exercising my self-given right to flip you some crap. :D

Fair enough. And it wouldn't be nearly as fun if I didn't flip some right back. :mrgreen:

Just as long as you keep it on yourselves...and dont splatter any of the NE fans that are over here gathering data for their azzwhipping. :twisted: :stirthepot:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I think the key match up will be Pete Carroll vs. Bill Belichick. The one with the best game plan will win. I have faith in Pete but Bill does scare me.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The best defense in this game is Beast Mode.

Full on non stop make them stop him time and time again. The Hawks don't have to have a lead at halftime, but if they can keep it close and those runs start breaking this game is Seattle's.

The Pats are always good, they are going to get their yards. I think covering Gronk is huge, if they allow him to catch the ball he isn't the kind of guy to get killed by hits. The others don't concern me and neither does Blount in the second half.

Keep that Pats offense on the sidelines.

daveca5150

Reaction score
I just don't think we can count on pressure from the interior of the DL without Hill. If Brady can just step into the pocket as the edge rushers get pushed past, then he's going to have a lot of time. I hope the refs are calling holds on their offensive line as I saw more than a few non-calls in their two play-off games.

I think they are going to move the ball on us, at least 3-4 good drives, maybe 2 TDs and 2 FGs. What makes our defense so much better than they seem to casual opponent fans is that they make you work and pay for every yard. This is why they always improve as the game goes on. They are fast, they tackle, and they hit hard. So you may get a completion, but you won't be as excited to get the next one. If ET and Sherm are even 90%, I don't see any reason this won't be a typical Hawks defensive performance.

As has been said, our offense has to have some sustained drives in the first half. That means Lynch, and 3rd down conversions. If we are within 1 touchdown at half time, I think we pull it off.

Latest posts