Marshawn's fine

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I don't see how the NFL can fine him with everything going on. He was just making sure they weren't deflated

kjreid

Reaction score
I can't believe they fine him 20k for something no one noticed until replay

ivotuk

Reaction score
What, he can't adjust his package? For all they know, they could have been in an uncomfortable position with all those Packers flailing away at him.

aawolf

Reaction score
I thought, by the title, you were saying Marshawn IS fine. Even with the fine, I'm sure that's still the case.

MoneyLynch24

Reaction score
With all of this going on and seeing what the relationship between the NFL and Lynch has turned into, my bet is Beastmode is gonna walk ways from all this after this year. Sucks but I can't see him doing this again next year, he's not gonna budge.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Not a surprise. They fined him before for it, they will fine him again for it.

If he doesn't like it perhaps he shouldn't violate the rules.

ManBunts

Reaction score
MoneyLynch24":3shrflmg said:
With all of this going on and seeing what the relationship between the NFL and Lynch has turned into, my bet is Beastmode is gonna walk ways from all this after this year. Sucks but I can't see him doing this again next year, he's not gonna budge.

I hope you're wrong, but honestly couldn't fault him if he wanted to be done with this. I'm sick of it and I'm not paying.

Serious questions, where the heck is the NFLPA on this? These guys file lawsuits and stand up for people like Ray Rice and Aldon Smith that are actually convicted of crimes, why are they not IRATE about the NFL just whimsically escalating fines? I know there are contractual obligations Lynch has to speak, and if he doesn't fulfill them he gets a fine, but for the NFL to have the ability to raise fines as they please, I can't imagine they'd stand for that.

I have a theory this goes one of two ways, and neither is good for the NFL:
1) They bully Marshawn out of the league, and suddenly everyone realize just how damn crazy the NFL is that they essentially forced one of the best players in the league out over not talking. But they let Ray Rice, AP, Aldon Smith, etc, back in after documented criminal offenses. How do they recover from that? And how do you claim to be a proponent of competition when you force out the top offensive player on a Super Bowl team in a move that CLEARLY affects the team's ability to compete

2) They bully Marshawn, who suddenly gets the NFLPA, gets some lawyers, and gets his act together and takes legal action. Obviously there are contractual things I know nothing of, but it could at least force a complete overhaul of the NFL punishment system and a complete exposure of their utterly hypocritical and nonsensical method of punishments

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":1iq4di6b said:
I don't see how the NFL can fine him with everything going on. He was just making sure they weren't deflated

Headline in the next couple of days:

"Grabbing balls draws larger fine than deflating balls."

MoneyLynch24

Reaction score
ManBunts":3nlriw9z said:
MoneyLynch24":3nlriw9z said:

I hope you're wrong, but honestly couldn't fault him if he wanted to be done with this. I'm sick of it and I'm not paying.

Serious questions, where the heck is the NFLPA on this? These guys file lawsuits and stand up for people like Ray Rice and Aldon Smith that are actually convicted of crimes, why are they not IRATE about the NFL just whimsically escalating fines? I know there are contractual obligations Lynch has to speak, and if he doesn't fulfill them he gets a fine, but for the NFL to have the ability to raise fines as they please, I can't imagine they'd stand for that.

I have a theory this goes one of two ways, and neither is good for the NFL:
1) They bully Marshawn out of the league, and suddenly everyone realize just how damn crazy the NFL is that they essentially forced one of the best players in the league out over not talking. But they let Ray Rice, AP, Aldon Smith, etc, back in after documented criminal offenses. How do they recover from that? And how do you claim to be a proponent of competition when you force out the top offensive player on a Super Bowl team in a move that CLEARLY affects the team's ability to compete

2) They bully Marshawn, who suddenly gets the NFLPA, gets some lawyers, and gets his act together and takes legal action. Obviously there are contractual things I know nothing of, but it could at least force a complete overhaul of the NFL punishment system and a complete exposure of their utterly hypocritical and nonsensical method of punishments

Beastmode might blow the whistle!

I mean I get the whole "he signed up for this" argument but at the same time these players are treated like products, not people-- a part of me feels bad for even watching knowing how corrupt the NFL is. We're talking about slimy filthy rich multi-billionaires sitting at a table and probably comparing their stables and thinking of new schemes to line their pockets-- they're just not good guys in my opinion.

Marsahwn will go head-up with them, I'm just not sure to what extent.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Just really, really stupid.

Man I hope Marshawn runs like a wild man in the Super Bowl, gets the MVP award and grabs his nuts on the podium.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
$16,537.00 for a horse collar tacket (Player Safety)
$8,268.00 for a face mask (Player Safety)
$70,000.00 for stomping on another player (Player Safety)
$10,000.00 to $15,000.00 for fighting (Player Safety)
$8,268.00 for leg whip (Player Safety)
$22,050.00 for helmet to helmet and hit to an defenseless player (Player Safety)

Marshawn Lynch:
$11,050 Excessive celebration (inappropriate gesture) against Arizona (Nothing to do with Player Safety)
$20,000 Excessive celebration (inappropriate gesture) against Green Bay (Nothing to do with Player Safety)
$100,000 Personal Conduct for not talking to the media. (Nothing to do with Player Safety)

No rhyme or reason with Goodells rationalization.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/2014/

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Marshawn got fined for this gesture like 3 weeks. Sorry, I don't "feel sorry" when he was fined for doing it again.

I don't have an issue if he wants to make the gesture and pay for it. I just have an issue with the people saying the NFL is out to get Lynch or Lynch doesn't deserve this treatment.

Lynch is an adult. If he wants to make the gesture and pay the price then go for it.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":7e3jbk9j said:
$16,537.00 for a horse collar tacket (Player Safety)
$8,268.00 for a face mask (Player Safety)
$70,000.00 for stomping on another player (Player Safety)
$10,000.00 to $15,000.00 for fighting (Player Safety)
$8,268.00 for leg whip (Player Safety)
$22,050.00 for helmet to helmet and hit to an defenseless player (Player Safety)

Marshawn Lynch:
$11,050 Excessive celebration (inappropriate gesture) against Arizona (Nothing to do with Player Safety)
$20,000 Excessive celebration (inappropriate gesture) against Green Bay (Nothing to do with Player Safety)
$100,000 Personal Conduct for not talking to the media. (Nothing to do with Player Safety)

No rhyme or reason with Goodells rationalization.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/fines-suspensions/2014/

Keep in mind that Lynch's fines are repeat violations. Lynch wasn't just fined $100K out of the blue.

Suh has been fined a ton of money because of repeat player safety fines that are much higher than what you are citing above. $100,000 for low block, and $176,000 for stomping (and 2 games).

Seafan

Reaction score
Two game suspension for punching the hell out of your fiance. Unless of course someone complains then we'll suspend you for the rest of the season.

Hachtung

Reaction score
Come on Marshawn....Just tell them you get a "Woody" every time you Score and you are just doing the right thing trying to cover it up!

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seafan":1thazdwd said:
Two game suspension for punching the hell out of your fiance. Unless of course someone complains then we'll suspend you for the rest of the season.

No suspension for an NFL Championship game, unless of course, you wear gold cleats.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
two things people don't tend to notice when discussing fines .

1 - The fine does go to charity and will also be used as a Tax write-off

2 - most fines are appealed and more then 95% are reduced to a smaller amount. This amount is never released to the media therefor never gets written about.

Latest posts