Did anyone else notice Bradshaw's gaffe?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Immediately after the conclusion of the NFCCG, Terry "Goober" Bradshaw had the honor of introducing Steve Largent whom was to present the conference championship trophy to Paul Allen. He referred to Largent as "the only Seahawk in the Hall of Fame."

Here is a guy that makes his living as a commentator for the NFL, is a HOF member himself, and he doesn't realize that there is not only one, but two other Seahawks besides Largent in the HOF? I might be able to excuse him if Walt and/or Tez played for multiple teams, or if the two played 50 years ago, or if they weren't so recently inducted, or if he had just moments to ponder his remarks instead of the days of time he had to think about what he was going to say.

Terry Bradshaw reminds me of a toothless hillbilly straight out of the movie "Deliverance". There's a reason why he has never been invited to be a color man on a live NFL broadcast... because he is too stupid to come up with original, spontaneous remarks without someone providing him with idiot cards from which to read.

Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson hit the nail on the head when he once said that Bradshaw could spell the word 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 'a'.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Yeah, I did. Especially considering all three Hall of Famers were present at the game for the coin flip. Even more funny, Largent is the only one of the three we didn't actually draft.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I heard it and instantly did a screw face. Like, who told him to say that?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Saw that. Terry is far from polished in those situations. Then he started ordering the players to run the trophy around the stadium. Did that happen?

garrylt4

Reaction score
I noticed that too. Years ago probably early 90's I meet Terry at an autograph signing. Nice guy but when I asked him if he would put his hall of fame year on the picture he was signing for me, he said what year did I go in? I thought he was just testing me but turned out he didn't remember. He yelled at a former teammate "Hey when did I get in the hall of fame. Guy didn't know either. Finally I said don't worry about it. He said it was either 88 or 89 and put HOF 89, then said if that's wrong just make the 9 an 8. I said thank you and we shook hands. Nice guy but a little absent minded.

irocdave

Reaction score
Picked that up at the time also. I started to bitch about it but my dad jumped on me and said stop. My dad is one of the most negative Hawk fans you will ever meet so this was new territory for me. I've actually asked my dad to leave during games because he gets so down / hardcore. In last years NFCCG I told him I would make him and my mom leave if he went off about RW again after the first drive fumble. My dad has read Bradshaw's books and has been following Bradshaw's take on RW for the past 3 years. Bradshaw loves RW, don't let a mental slip by him cloud our opinions of his Hawk judgment.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
garrylt4":1qrg2958 said:
I noticed that too. Years ago probably early 90's I meet Terry at an autograph signing. Nice guy but when I asked him if he would put his hall of fame year on the picture he was signing for me, he said what year did I go in? I thought he was just testing me but turned out he didn't remember. He yelled at a former teammate "Hey when did I get in the hall of fame. Guy didn't know either. Finally I said don't worry about it. He said it was either 88 or 89 and put HOF 89, then said if that's wrong just make the 9 an 8. I said thank you and we shook hands. Nice guy but a little absent minded.

That's funny!

Bradshaw scored something like a 15 on the Wonderlic, a test where they give you 10 points just for correctly spelling your name. He had a very shallow learning curve when he broke into the league and would have never survived his first few years in today's NFL.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Joe Buck confusing Kearse and Lockette after the game winner was more noticeable to me. Kearse never played for Chicago or SF.

lobohawk

Reaction score
He's harmless and it's hard to get pissed at his gaffe. From what little I've seen of him on tv his mistakes are just mistakes and not opinionated BS like other talking heads.

Basis4day

Reaction score
From what i've heard, Terry Bradshaw is a genuinely nice guy when meeting regular folks. Very down to earth and nice to football fans.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
garrylt4":3pfqkqgn said:

Sad, sad story. Concussions are no joke.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Bradshaw is fairly harmless in that old, kookie, inappropriate grandfather type of way.

I still get a chuckle out of Hollywood Henderson's quote on Bradshaw when he was playing though:

"He [Bradshaw] is so dumb, he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him a C and an A."

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Basis4day":8u06cwyx said:
From what i've heard, Terry Bradshaw is a genuinely nice guy when meeting regular folks. Very down to earth and nice to football fans.

I don't doubt that. And from all reports, he was a likable teammate with no enemies.

But there is no denying that the guy is dumber than a box of rocks. I also get a little tired of his clown act.

OpHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2swuoizo said:
Picked that up at the time also. I started to bitch about it but my dad jumped on me and said stop. My dad is one of the most negative Hawk fans you will ever meet so this was new territory for me. I've actually asked my dad to leave during games because he gets so down / hardcore. In last years NFCCG I told him I would make him and my mom leave if he went off about RW again after the first drive fumble. My dad has read Bradshaw's books and has been following Bradshaw's take on RW for the past 3 years. Bradshaw loves RW, don't let a mental slip by him cloud our opinions of his Hawk judgment.

Man I feel your pain. Your Dad sounds exactly like mine. I CANNOT watch a game with him no matter how much I'd like to. Fails every time.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
RiverDog":2miklkc5 said:
garrylt4":2miklkc5 said:

That's funny!

Bradshaw scored something like a 15 on the Wonderlic, a test where they give you 10 points just for correctly spelling your name. He had a very shallow learning curve when he broke into the league and would have never survived his first few years in today's NFL.

In the words of cardale jones. He ain't gettin paid to play wonderlik.

Latest posts