Practice (injury) Report: Super Bowl Edition vs. Patriots

ShaunPope

Reaction score
Thomas and Sweez DNP. Hope there's nothing to worry about with those two. Still really concerned about Earl's shoulder.

Bennett and Lynch had normal rest days.

Bprez3

Reaction score
DNP:

Sweezy (ankle)
Lynch (NIR)
Thomas (shoulder)
Gresham (neck)
Bennett (NIR)

Full:

Britt (knee)
Sherman (elbow)

Great to see Britt and Sherman with full partcipation this early

https://twitter.com/seahawks

oasis

Reaction score
I can't imagine a practice being too productive without the glue of the defense, area 29.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
oasis":k5s3enna said:
I can't imagine a practice being too productive without the glue of the defense, area 29.

Maybe not too productive, but I'm damn glad he's able to participate. That's wonderful news!!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1tm2gkyb said:
oasis":1tm2gkyb said:

Maybe not too productive, but I'm damn glad he's able to participate. That's wonderful news!!

DNP means did not participate.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
dislocated shoulder is way different than a sprained elbow. the sprain can be fairly well protected and last time i had a sprain the doctor advised I work it out a bit while it healed.

a shoulder is one of the biggest contact points on your body and a dislocation is a situation where you don't want to work it out at all until anything swollen has a chance to get back to normal otherwise it'll never set right. ET will be in a harness for the game but I don't see him not being close to his usual self.

Basis4day

Reaction score
They've basically admitted that Thomas needs to rest that shoulder for now. Not surprised at all hes being held out of practice.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
oasis":p4l79kb3 said:

But this is exactly the reason to practice with his understudy(Shead) in there. Dont want to face that situation unprepared in a game environment.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Since this thread is already here, I'll just add these here as they become available:

[urltargetblank]http://www.patriots.com/team/injury-report.html[/urltargetblank]

Wednesday

Patriots

Did Not Participate
Stork, Bryan....OL....Knee

Limited Participation
Browner, Brandon....CB....Knee
Hightower, Dont'a....LB....Shoulder
Jones, Chris....DT....Elbow
LaFell, Brandon....WR....Shoulder/Toe
Siliga, Sealver....DT....Foot

Full Participation
Brady, Tom....QB....Ankle

Not having followed the Patriots Injury reports this season, I can't really add a lot. I do know that Bryan Stork was listed as out last week. I have little doubt the rest will be available as needed.

And just to keep up what I've been doing weekly, here's the formatted Seahawks Report:

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Wednesday

Seahawks

Did Not Participate
Bennett, Michael....DE....Not Injury Relate
Gresham, Clint ....LS....Neck
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Not Injury Related
Sweezy, J.R.....G....Ankle
Thomas, Earl....FS....Shoulder

Full Participation
Sherman, Richard....CB....Elbow
Britt, Justin....T....Knee

As reported above, Earl and Britt practiced, so that's good. Earl will undoubtedly never be more than Limited all week. Rest will do him good. Bennett and Lynch got their regular day off. I believe it's mostly precautionary with Sweezy. I remember Pete saying that he was doing ok Monday. He could have taken a turn for the worse, but they are most likely just resting him. Gresham is the only question mark for me. I don't recall him being injured. I hope someone asks Pete about that. You can't underestimate the value of a good long snapper.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Who was that long snapper that we had to sign off the street and he totally messed up - game against the Saints maybe? That made me realize that everyone is important to the success of the team.

SirTed

Reaction score
FWIW -

I am currently recovering from a dislocated shoulder. It may be obvious but - this is not the same as a separated shoulder, which is worse.

Obviously, I don't play football, professional or otherwise. I do play basketball competitively. I know that's not the same thing, and there's a great deal more contact in football but there are plenty of situations in basketball that leave your shoulder prone to contact in compromising situations.

Now, I've come to discover that I have a pretty high pain tolerance - but I guarantee it's no where close to that of a football player, especially a tough SOB like Thomas. I was able to finish the game in which I was injured (probably on adrenaline) - and actually never missed a game after. I had a lot of stiffness in my neck, shoulder and all the way down my arm - and playing actually helped get those areas loose. The scariest thing was, I think I may have pinched a nerve or something because my perifrial (sp) vision was blurred for a few weeks, but got better over that time.

I've been undergoing PT the time, and there are times that it's real sore - but in my experience - you basically deal with a pain barrier that can be broken through on a play by play basis, and while there are some lasting effects (throughout the game) they are not untenable. The biggest hurdle is second guessing, remembering that you're hurt, and not alligator arming (in his case tackles, ints). If you keep the right mindset, it should be ok.

To me this is not the same as high ankle sprain or something is worse, that your body simply wont allow you to compete. This is not that kind of injury in my experience.

I was actually more worried about Sherman, but apparently people think he'll play just fine.

I'm not a doctor or anything, so perhaps there are long term effects to think about - other than the fact that once you do dislocate your shoulder you are far more prone to do it again, no matter how it sets. But that's the case now no matter what for Earl.

Anyway, maybe my experience has no bearing on Earl, but I'm not worried. Maybe that helps.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Since this thread is already here, I'll just add these here as they become available:

[urltargetblank]http://www.patriots.com/team/injury-report.html[/urltargetblank]

Thursday

Patriots

Did Not Participate

Limited Participation
Browner, Brandon....CB....Knee
Hightower, Dont'a....LB....Shoulder
Jones, Chris....DT....Elbow
LaFell, Brandon....WR....Shoulder/Toe
Siliga, Sealver....DT....Foot
Stork, Bryan....OL....Knee

Full Participation
Brady, Tom....QB....Ankle

Only change here is Stork moved from DNP to Limited.

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Thursday

Seahawks

Did Not Participate
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Not Injury Related
Sweezy, J.R.....G....Ankle
Thomas, Earl....FS....Shoulder

Full Participation
Sherman, Richard....CB....Elbow
Britt, Justin....T....Knee
Bennett, Michael....DE....Not Injury Relate
Gresham, Clint ....LS....Neck

Bennett and Gresham both upgraded from DNP to Full participation today.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3n348hgy said:
A question, is our last practice before they leave on Friday, and they leave Sat?

Pete said they were having pretty much a normal week of practice this week with coaches doing a lot of prep work and next week they'd perfect things. As for leaving, I'd heard they were leaving on Sunday, but that was a on KIRO and I don't know when to look up the podcast. I can't find any references to it online. You'd think they'd have it publicized so they can get the proper send off.

Basis4day

Reaction score
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... or-better/

Thomas was limited in practice and officially listed as "questionable" Though it's not indicative of his actual game status. It's just a policy (*Cough* Blitzer *Cough*). Stay tuned for next week.

Sweezy didn't practice, but is listed as probable.

All in all a good sign going forward.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/558739475220549632[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3f6b0g29 said:
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2015/01/23/friday-injury-report-earl-thomas-listed-as-questionable-everyone-else-probable-or-better/

Thomas was limited in practice and officially listed as "questionable" Though it's not indicative of his actual game status. It's just a policy (*Cough* Blitzer *Cough*). Stay tuned for next week.

Sweezy didn't practice, but is listed as probable.

All in all a good sign going forward.

And the Patriots listed everyone as questionable, which is (IMO) just BB playing his games with the list.

I do agree on our list though. I highly doubt that Earl doesn't play. As of right now, I believe everyone on our list will be available to go on Super Bowl Sunday.

EDIT: Just realized that I said Everyone was questionable for the Patriots. Should have read everyone except Brady who was listed as Probable. Still think they will all be available game day.

Latest posts