Thursday's Injury Report (Fri. Added)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Injury report (my comments in green)

Luke Joeckel Knee Expected to be OUT

Kam Chancellor Ankle Hoping they are just being overly cautious here

Earl Thomas Hamstring Unlikely to play this week, but we can still hold out hope

Bobby Wagner Hamstring Hoping he's good to go....no Earl and No Wagner would be devastating

Michael Bennett Heel...no surprise here as he's expected to rest his foot during the week.

Jeremy Lane Thigh (no surprise there)

Sheldon Richardson Practiced Wednesday held out Thursday with Oblique

Marcus Smith Practiced Wednesday held out Thursday with Ankle

Justin Britt Ankle No Practice Wednesday for rest but full practice Thursday

Jimmy Graham No Practice Wednesday for rest but full practice Thursday

Jarran Reed Concussion Read that he missed yesterday due to concussion. Happy to see he was full go Thursday

Dwight Freeney Out Wednesday Not Injury related, back to Full Go Thursday, probably just rest

Richard Sherman Achilles Listed as injured but full go all week, so nothing to see here

C.J. Prosise Ankle Limited both days so far, only surprise here would be if he was actually ready to play Sunday

Tanner McEvoy Hamstring Went from limited Wednesday to no practice on Thursday. Not a positive sign for him

I have some concerns with the fact that Chancellor, Wagner and Richardson were all added to the injured list this week and Richardson was only added on Thursday. Hoping there are some big changes in today's report.

DJrmb

Reaction score
As for our opponent TE Jordan Reed is already listed as Out. LT Trent Williams is Doubtful as is his backup Nsekhe. WR and returner Jamison Crowder is listed as questionable but just heard on the radio he's more likely Doubtful. Starting Center Spencer Long is Doubtful.

They have a slew of other guys that were varying degrees of limited all week who could or could not play as well but those are they main guys I saw.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":19pzwnxt said:
As for our opponent TE Jordan Reed is already listed as Out. LT Trent Williams is Doubtful as is his backup Nsekhe. WR and returner Jamison Crowder is listed as questionable but just heard on the radio he's more likely Doubtful. Starting Center Spencer Long is Doubtful.

They have a slew of other guys that were varying degrees of limited all week who could or could not play as well but those are they main guys I saw.

Thanks for those updates....I meant to include a link to the Seahawks Injury report page which includes both teams....here it is

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries[/urltargetblank]

SeaChat

Reaction score
Sheldon Richardson has a chronic knee issue. On several occasions, both before he came to the Seahawks and since he's been here, he's grabbed it after going to the ground, and is in obvious pain, but, within a few minutes, he's always been back up and out there again, terrorizing our opponents, with seemingly no problem.

I think it's just something he has adapted to and learned to play with. If my memory serves me well, I recall that he had surgery on it sometime back, and this periodic knee nag, has been pretty standard for him since that time.

I hope that is all that's up with Sheldon. He is a real asset to the LOB, and in every game. it seems, he has generated some real game changers. We really don't need for him to have to set out any games this season, if they can help it.

These never ending, it seems, hamstring issues, that our players are having, continue to plague us. I think it just goes with the territory, you can't extend yourself physically, play after play, like these guys do, without paying some price, and strained hamstrings, seem to be the common consequence.

I hope they are just that, strains, and not pulled hamstrings, those can take a player out of the game for a long time. With strains, they can help the players recover much quicker, even faster in recent times, with the stem cell injection therapy, which is proving to be a major game changer for the players this year.

As for Jeremy Lane, I am not at all surprised. It seems like every time we have tried to get him back out on the field, following one injury, he develops another, almost immediately that lands him back on the bench again for awhile. I feel for the guy, I really do, it's painful to watch him trying to play anymore. It's obvious he's in pain, when he's out on the field. I think Jeremy, has a genuine desire to be a difference maker for us, but his body, it seems continues to betray him and it has become painfully obvious that he's just not be cut out for the NFL, or maybe they could use him somewhere else that he could be more productive and stay healthy at, I don't know what position that would be.

If, and it's a big if, Kam, Earl and Bobby, were all three to set out on Sunday, home game or no, I really fear that the LOB would prove to be more of a PSST than a BOOM by games end. We've already seen how much it effects our defense just to have any one of these guys absent out there. All three of them, I shudder to think. We might still manage to sneak out of there with a win against the Redskins, but it would be a lot bigger challenge than trying to beat them with our LOB in tact.

Go Seahawks !

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
DJrmb":2ckgj0sc said:

Did Josh Norman come back last week?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Mr.Glass not on that list?This cannot be so.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3vbqa70n said:
DJrmb":3vbqa70n said:

Did Josh Norman come back last week?

Yes. Their other starting CB, Bashaud Breeland was out. Looks like he's back this week, though. They'll have a healthy secondary but pretty banged up everywhere else.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Here is the Redskin's full report if anyone wants to see. Seattle's isn't out yet since we're on west coast time, that will be later today.

WcfCVdf

DJrmb

Reaction score
Here is Seattle's final report: Earl is out, same with Joeckel as expected. Everyone else questionable. Sheldon Richardson with the Oblique is concerning...

HZEsahf

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Just got an ESPN alert saying that Earl is out for Sundays game. Big loss. Hopefully McDougald can fill the void better then Terrell did last year.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":ko1gidim said:
Just got an ESPN alert saying that Earl is out for Sundays game. Big loss. Hopefully McDougald can fill the void better then Terrell did last year.

I'm not surprised. I saw a write-up today from the Seahawks site saying how good McDougal is. Kind of felt like prepping the fans for Earl's absence this week.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I just realized Washington's starting LG Lauvao is out too. Man, looks like they won't have the entire left side of their line from center to LT with all of them being listed as either doubtful or out. The RG Scherff was also limited all week, listed as questionable. The only healthy starting lineman they have is RT Moses who is coming back from an ankle last week...

The D-line needs to take advantage of this!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Definitely looks like the Redskins are more banged up than we are. If there's any silver lining in this that's it.

Also happy to see all those questionable instead of doubtful on our report. So far this season, questionable on the report has gotten playing time the vast majority of the time. Prosise is the most likely to go against that grain.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
pacific101":quu78y9v said:
As for Jeremy Lane, I am not at all surprised. It seems like every time we have tried to get him back out on the field, following one injury, he develops another, almost immediately that lands him back on the bench again for awhile. I feel for the guy, I really do, it's painful to watch him trying to play anymore. It's obvious he's in pain, when he's out on the field. I think Jeremy, has a genuine desire to be a difference maker for us, but his body, it seems continues to betray him and it has become painfully obvious that he's just not be cut out for the NFL, or maybe they could use him somewhere else that he could be more productive and stay healthy at, I don't know what position that would be.

Go Seahawks !

Jeremy needs to be put out of his misery. He gets rejected by the Texans....and cannot even practice in Seattle.
It's time for him to be cut.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Washington's injury weakness (offense) matches up well with ours (defense). It's probably going to come down to Wilson and HFA.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/926556261084049408[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/926556088064811008[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/926558317433954304[/tweet]

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This could turn out to be a disasterous week. Heading into a Sunday/Thursday week with these injuries could potentially knock us right out of the race. The only good thing would be to just get through and then have 10 full days to get healthy.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Smart moves by Pete! Knowing the skins are decimated by injuries... Put everyone who might have an ache or pain on the bench to rest them for the SHORT 4 day turnaround until the Thursday night game. I like this move!