I'm Ashamed

P40

Reaction score
I'll admit it...I had lost faith and was lamenting the 'potential dynasty' that was going to take a hit. I was already preparing myself for all the jerks to come out and bash my beloved seahawks. As I sat in my recliner, my 7 yr old on my lap, I started to talk to him about things not always working out, there's always next year, blah blah blah. After all, I am 36 and for most of my life, the seahawks have given me a fair amount of heartache! And then Russ threw his 4th int!! I was too shell shocked to even say anything. This whole time though, my wife keeps saying optimistic, positive things...even after this 4th pick...obviously she has not experienced what I have gone through in my life! From this point on in the game, it is hard to put into words the emotions.

I guess what I meant to say is that, these are not the Seahawks of my past. Instead of always expecting the worst, I can actually watch games optimistically instead of pessimistically. You would think that after last year I would have made the transition, but I guess some people are slower then others!

I'll end this ramble by just saying thank you to the seahawks from a father who got to experience a true never give up moment with his son. That was a big life lesson for me. And finally, thank you to my wife for being ever the optimist, and keeping my off the ledge....GO HAWKS!!

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't think you need to be ashamed. I knew it was possible we could win, and I never stopped cheering and screaming, but my mindset was: "If this is going to be how our season ends, then I'm going to stay and thank them for everything they've done, and let them know that win or lose, I appreciate them."

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
After INT #4 I said "Game over". My non Seahawks fan friend that had been giving everyone crap and cheering every Seahawk failure to that point told me not to give up. "All you need to do is get the ball back, score, onside kick, score again." He said. I told him there's no way that happens.

And then it did. :thirishdrinkers:

ivotuk

Reaction score
jkitsune":ubtr5bfw said:
I don't think you need to be ashamed. I knew it was possible we could win, and I never stopped cheering and screaming, but my mindset was: "If this is going to be how our season ends, then I'm going to stay and thank them for everything they've done, and let them know that win or lose, I appreciate them."

That's the perfect action and attitude for a Seahawks fan and one I appreciate and follow. We've suffered through "battered fan syndrome" for so many decades that it's hard to shake.

I thought it was over when Russell threw that INT at the end of the half. I jumped up and yelled "You've got to be more patient Russell!" I thought we were done. But I was wrong.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
It's your time, do with it as you please. It's your brain, think with it as you mind. It's your heart, feel with it as you will.

I don't understand ppl getting on other ppl's backs for feeling upset during the game or feeling like we were going to lose. Empathy for the team in the form of anxiety and doubt seems like a natural thing for a fan to go through.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I had a "blow up the offense and start over" thread forming in my head shortly into the second quarter. I was ready to see the back of Lynch (30 years old, bad performance vs CAR and started out that way again yesterday), our receivers, our backup RB stable, and even much of the offensive line, which is solid in run blocking but honestly could be improved upon. Pretty much everyone but Wilson.

Glad I waited.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":z8g7co4d said:
It's your time, do with it as you please. It's your brain, think with it as you mind. It's your heart, feel with it as you will.

I don't understand ppl getting on other ppl's backs for feeling upset during the game or feeling like we were going to lose. Empathy for the team in the form of anxiety and doubt seems like a natural thing for a fan to go through.

No truer words were ever spoken.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Great thread.

I had spent all my energy yelling at the tv for 3 hours all pissed off. I wasn't even excited when russell scored. I wasn't excited when we got the onside kick. I wasn't excited when it felt like we scored too quick. I wasn't even excited when we won the coin toss. I expected something bad to happen. I had just watched the most putrid offensive performance for 55 minutes since Stan Gelbaugh was throwing the ball around the field for the Hawks.

I was pissed at Bevell. I was pissed at Wilson. I was pissed at Kearse. I was full of beer and hate yesterday. To tell you the truth, I didn't enjoy the game and now I am pissed at myself for it.

I am glad the Seahawks are the most resilient team I have ever seen. They played the worst game possible and came out victorious.

Good for them and good for us.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
It's all good fellow 12 your not alone and should not be ashamed of anything . We live we learn and we move forward with the knowledge it ain't over till it's over . That was on full display Sunday . I've learned a lot that day .

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
storm74":2a5ajoyl said:
Great thread.

I had spent all my energy yelling at the tv for 3 hours all pissed off. I wasn't even excited when russell scored. I wasn't excited when we got the onside kick. I wasn't excited when it felt like we scored too quick. I wasn't even excited when we won the coin toss. I expected something bad to happen. I had just watched the most putrid offensive performance for 55 minutes since Stan Gelbaugh was throwing the ball around the field for the Hawks.

I was pissed at Bevell. I was pissed at Wilson. I was pissed at Kearse. I was full of beer and hate yesterday. To tell you the truth, I didn't enjoy the game and now I am pissed at myself for it.

I am glad the Seahawks are the most resilient team I have ever seen. They played the worst game possible and came out victorious.

Good for them and good for us.

Chat missed you friend, I was like wtf, where did storm go?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If I was at home instead of at the game I would of had a meltdown....Okay I had a bit of a tantrum at the game and had to remember Kearse told me at the beginning it was a PG environment. I am sure we all had some type of doubt...glad the players didn't!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Anyone who still felt good about our chances after the 4th pick is either lying or doesn't understand the game very well. Statistically speaking the game was over.

If we as fans didn't have that kind of doubt, then that amazing finish wouldn't have been as incredible as it was.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

jkitsune

Reaction score
What's funny is that I actually told the guys in front of us, after a couple of people left "hey, when the most incredible comeback in NFCCG history happens, you'll be able to say you were here. Quick strike, onside kick, TD."

I knew it could happen. But I didn't really believe for a second that it would. But I wasn't going to reward the Hawks for all of their success by walking out on them. Wasn't going to happen.