It is time for you to believe

BASF

Reaction score
'Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems, in a place that perhaps Aros started in his dreams. For the debate that you are about to be told, has taken place here, in every season of old. Now, you've probably wondered when the debate would have an example that would end it. If you haven't, I'd say it's time you begun.

The debate has always been the same about early starts and how it negatively affects the Seahawks and aids their opponents from an earlier time zone when the Seahawks play before 1pm PST. I have always maintained that circadian rhythms is the most important factor. Boiled down to as little technical terms as possible, all of our bodies operate on a 24 hour cycle and those of us who compete physically against others usually peak in our performance when we have trained our bodies to peak. For the Seahawks, the bodies would be trained to peak at around the 2:30-4pm PST area to maximize the opportunity to finish out a game that started at 1pm. The difference is so pronounced in fact that we have only one loss in the postseason (other than the robbery of XL*) since the salary cap started. The Seahawks have no wins in playoff games that started at 10am EST since the salary cap.

So, finally the NFC Championship game against the Packers yesterday provides an incredible illustration of exactly what I have been pointing out on this forum for years. My premise is the the Packers train themselves to peak for their normal middle of the third quarter and fourth quarter of games. This would be analogous to the 12 pm PST start time. The Packers came out at their peak normal performance while the Seahawks were a little flat while their bodies are trained to peak later. The result statistically:
Before 1:05pm which is the normal start time for the Seahawks games
Packers 24 plays, 142 yards, for 5.9 yards/play, 1 INT and one touchdown for 16 points
Seahawks 18 plays, 34 yards, for 1.9 yards/play, 2 INT, 1 Fumble, and 0 points

After 1:05 which is the normal time that the Packers are heading for the locker room to wind down after their game
Packers 41 plays, 158 yards, for 3.9 yards/play, 1 INT and 6 points
Seahawks 52 plays, 363 yards, for 7.0 yards/play, 2 INT and four touchdowns for 26 points (and a victory)

I'd like to point out that one of those INT's by Wilson was just a little after 1:10, so the time differential was still not in full swing.

I see an easy conclusion to the debate here.