O-line

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Thought they played a very good game despite a few false start penalties.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
In the first half Bailey was getting tossed around by Peppers pretty good.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I would say, based on 150+ yards rushing by Marshawn, that the O-Line played better than terrible. It wasn't their best day, in my opinion.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I've been saying it for years, and I'll say it again. I'd love to draft O-line in the first round every year until we've got a VERY good overall O-line...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Glad Britt should be healthy. Bailey was horrible at RT. Britt's had his struggles this year, but I think continuity is better in this case.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Guess I wasn't thinking clearly at the time I made this post. They weren't terrible. They were missing Britt. It's tough to lose a guy who started all 16 games. Could've played better. It's not like they gave up 6 sacks like they did against Arizona but when the O-line needed to play well they did at the end.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It was kind of insane to ask Bailey to go one on one with Peppers under the circumstances though. Not a very good job of scheming by our staff going into this one so maybe its not all on the players.

McGruff

Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the whole game, but early on I saw both Bailey and Sweezy getting killed by Peppers.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Wilson was sacked 5 times in this game. O-line continuity is very important. This O-line seems to have a new lineup every other week. Most people don't understand how much a process goes into having a healthy stable O-line that helps the WR and QB. All it takes is one miscommunication and the play is dead. Bailey is better at LT than at RT.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Where do you guys get off saying that they had a horrible game? There was numerous times Wilson was standing/hopping back there in the pocket for 4+ seconds which should be plenty of time to find someone. Specifically the play where Wilson found Baldwin in the flat after being in the pocket dang near 8 seconds. Expecting the o line to block like that every offensive play is delusional. Oh, and they helped block Lynch for a 150+ yard day. Horrible offensive line play!? FAR from it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2zs1rzjv said:
I've been saying it for years, and I'll say it again. I'd love to draft O-line in the first round every year until we've got a VERY good overall O-line...

And it's a good thing Pete doesn't listen to you.

Jville

Reaction score
Last I heard, Bailey is still overweight. He is credited with being a really smart kid, able to play multiple assignments. But weight is his nemesis. His lateral quickness and range would be much better at a lower weight/mass.

daveman918

Reaction score
We do need to draft there this year - not sure which round. Pass pro was horrible and running to the right was very limited.