Best Site For Buying SB Tix? Price Watch

TheHawkster

Reaction score
stub hub and ticketmaster. period.
no extra charges. The price you see is the price you pay.

Almost everyone else slaps a fee on listed prices.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Your looking at about 2500 a ticket from what I'm seeing

hoxrox

Reaction score
$2500 for a once in a life time opportunity? Not bad

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Stub hub is starting at $1988
Last year tonight, everyone was above $2500.
We'll be in Vegas for Bowl weekend so we're probably waiting til Super Sunday to buy.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Ticketexchange has the cheapest followed by stubhub.

Ticketexchange has more set deals though and stubhub seems to offer more variety i.e. ticket amount.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
Tickets are pricey no matter where you buy them. Stubhub is up front with the prices. No hidden fees

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
I got an offer for roughly $1800 if I buy tonite....I keep thinking I should hold off until Wednesday or Thursday the week of the game...

BocciHawk

Reaction score
BTW Ticketmaster adds on once you put the tickets in your shopping cart. ATM StubHub has less expensive seats, which isn't surprising, as the NFL Ticketmaster system only lists tickets that they have control over, they don't allow listing when someone doesn't have tickets in hand or rights to the tickets. In this particular case we haven't even had distribution to players and staff, so those can't be in the NFL Ticketmaster system, but conversely, StubHub will allow them to be listed with a future ship date. Net effect is more tickets on StubHub = lower prices.

That said, I seem to recall last year that maybe Wed or Thu before the game was the sweet spot, many people were getting tickets for $200 or so above face value for nosebleeds i.e. $800 or so for tickets in the upper corners.

I would suspect that would hold again this year, similar situation in that neither team is particularly close to the venue, so once you get past the one week mark, airplane tickets become feloniously expensive, and it's not a quick or easy drive from Seattle, and most people won't commit to the trip without having game tickets in hand... so unless there's a huge amount of interest for tickets, prices should drop as sellers get nervous.

Riley12

Reaction score
I will be monitoring this situation very closely.

I am aiming for $1500 per ticket for any pair in the house and have hope that the prices will be down there by early next week.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
ah....and so the game begins.

IMO, prices are well below what they were at this same time for NY.

also, roughly about the same numbers for sale on SH as last year at this time. prices have come down a little depending on the area already.

i think people underestimate that getting to PHX is MUCH MUCH harder than getting to NYC.

i am flying into LA and then driving. if i have to, sleep in my rental car.

there are several other re-sellers like SH that have guarantees, TN direct, razor gator, vivid etc. but you have to make sure you click all the way through to see the all in price.

have to compare apples to apples.

i will say that it all depends on your comfort level.

getting tix as close as possible to face value is an art....not a science.

bindercarrie

Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with tickpick? All-in prices look a couple hundred dollars cheaper at first glance.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'll also ask, anyone with experience with SeatGeek?

They seem to be an aggregator (like Kayak for air fares) where they scrape a lot of different sites... presumably one would need to do leg work on the specific seller, but I'm curious if anyone has found this as a good way to compare a lot of sites all at once.

seabowl

Reaction score
Paid $1560 @ 10:45am day of XLVIII last year on stubhub. That seemed to be the low point for the day.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Seemed that the Thursday before the game last year was the floor for ticket prices. Then New York had a heat wave and the locals swooped up tickets by the handful.