Good Thing, Bad Thing

BlueOne

Reaction score
Bad Thing The entire offense looked like dog shit for the first 3 and a half quarters of the game except for Lynch. Wilson made some poor decisions and some even poorer throws, the O-line's passblocking was garbage and the run blocking wasn't great. WR's covered and dropping balls.

Bad Thing Special teams was awful at the regular stuff. The fumble, poor coverage on returns, not in position to hop on the fumbled punt, short punts. There was one punt where both of our gunners were completely unmarked and they rushed 10. My suspicion is our players don't have the authority to audible to a fake because that was a free first down if we'd had the balls to make the call.

Bad Thing Bevell's playcalling. The read option was open all day but Wilson wasn't being given a chance to run. The Niners have killed the Packers multiple times in a row with Kaps legs and yet we don't even try it until the 4th quarter? Not everything is on Bev of course, some drives were made to look like shit due to picks and drops, but there is no excuse for not running Wilson earlier imo.

Bad Thing D-line wasn't great today. Very little pressure, NONE up the middle. Our DTs weren't great in run support either. When rodgers limped for 15 yards to get that last FG everyone was on the ground, no pressure and no contain. We miss Mebane and Hill badly.

Good Thing The offense dominated for 7 minutes of football as much as humanly possible. 3 TD drives in a row, Russ was dropping dimes, Lynch was crushing people, O-line was actually pass blocking. Lockette made a key first down grab we probably lose without on a poorly thrown ball. I rarely say good things about Lock, so shout out to him.

Good Thing Special Teams. The fake field goal was obviously great. More than the execution, I'm impressed the coaches actually called it too. The onside kick was an excellent kick by Hauschka. If you watch it slowmo, Chris Mathews could have missed recovering the kick and nobody would have blamed him, if he lets that ball drop there are 3 packers there.

Good Thing Our linebackers and secondary were excellent all game. Maxwell played his best game as a Hawk imo. Sherman and ET both manning up and playing hurt was impressive as hell. Just great coverage all day. They had a graphic putting the TD throw on Sherman but that's ridiculous, he was covering someone else the safeties ran in to eachother and left that dude open sadly.

Great Thing Most exciting football game I've ever seen and we're going to the superbowl.

edit: Also, we really need a nickname for Wilson that sticks someday. My brother and I have started calling him Saint Russell because he's always praying and the way the Hawks win games sometimes, clearly God is on his side. :lol: