Lurker...new member here. Couple thoughts.....

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was on the good ole Seattle PI forums back when and have been lurking for awhile and just wanted to finally jump in here. My name on PI was Draven if any of you were on there too. ANyway, good to be here. Few thoughts.....

1) I was playing Madden and my Xbox One had to do updates and stuff so it made me start from the beginning and the lil intro scene was you had to play the "2015 NFC Championship game" with us versus the Carolina Panthers at home. Just thought it was ironic being that we're both in the playoffs. I wouldn't put it past the Panthers to beat more than the Cardinals. Some good NFC teams in the playoffs this year! Go Hawks!

2) What you guys think about Vernon Davis on our team? Im sure he's tired of being knocked out by Bam Bam and the way we use TEs, it would be awesome to have him.

3) If we somehow lose Marshawn, don't you think it'd be sick to get Adrian Peterson??? We'll be hard pressed another Beast Mode and we all know how crucial the running game is to our success.

Thanks for reading!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Welcome! I don't think the Hawks would want to pay what AP and VD will be asking. We're spending money on Wagner and Russell next year.

A

Anonymous

Welcome to the board!

Just a note:
Discussions of potential curiosities regarding other-team's players would post to our NFL Nation forum.

The Xbox comment keeps it in here though, I suppose...

Thanks!
HH

homerun1970

Reaction score
VD seemed to show a lack of drive this year that wouldn't mesh with the always compete mantra of Pete. Peterson is going to be a media distraction on par with Ray Rice if he came in I would pass. There are two decent to good backs on the team behind the Beast. I don't think we are as doomed as some if Lynch leaves but if we are going to go away from smash mouth to more of a Wilson led offense draft capitol needs to go to the O-line.

Welcome to .NET.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Carolina will beat Arizona.... book it.

And no to VD and AP... neither would be a good fit... and signing them would undermine the "we pay our own" approach that the Hawks have adopted... especially since the PH debacle.

Largent80

Reaction score
:2: Getting new blood this week, have fun.

I seriously doubt that Lynch goes anywhere next year, and at TE we appear to be set with Miller Moeaki, Willson and Helfet.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Welcome, I was an old PI Forum guy also and then came here after lurking for a while also.

I think CD best years are behind him and he want too much money.

AP will probably want too much also plus the circus would be crazy.

Lynch has another year on his contract and has been very durable.

OP
OP
S

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
Yeah, Im hoping Marshawn stays. We can cycle Coleman and Turbin and Michael to keep him "healthy." I wouldn't blame him for leaving after 2 consecutive SB rings tho.........but 3 consecutive would be even better. :D

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
SarcasticaLy":fahrb9g0 said:
Yeah, Im hoping Marshawn stays. We can cycle Coleman and Turbin and Michael to keep him "healthy." I wouldn't blame him for leaving after 2 consecutive SB rings tho.........but 3 consecutive would be even better. :D

It would be highly unlikely that the Front Office would pay big bucks for another RB while Marshawn is still with the team.

IMO...if Marshawn would stay one more year and he continues to "run people over", then I'd expect him to be in the HOF.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":17rowxmp said:
Carolina will beat Arizona.... book it.

And no to VD and AP... neither would be a good fit... and signing them would undermine the "we pay our own" approach that the Hawks have adopted... especially since the PH debacle.
This.

Welcome to the best board ever!

Go Hawks!!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3mqm98t6 said:
SarcasticaLy":3mqm98t6 said:

It would be highly unlikely that the Front Office would pay big bucks for another RB while Marshawn is still with the team.

IMO...if Marshawn would stay one more year and he continues to "run people over", then I'd expect him to be in the HOF.

I absolutely agree on the last comment. If he pulls off BeastQuake 3.0 either in the playoffs this year, or next year, and has a productive season next year as well, he's in really good shape to make it to Canton. He's probably the most distinctive running back in 20 years.

OP
OP
S

SarcasticaLy

Reaction score
Yes, Carolina will beat AZ. Cowboys will probably beat GB. Cowboys in Seattle for NFCCG. My prediction.

Yes, Marshawn deserves to be in the HOF. I think he deserves it NOW. Who can even do what he does?? Peterson is all yards and toughness but Lynch is just the best there is right now. Im not a stat guy so I cant post anything about that but even though he doesn't have the yardage (10,000 or whatever), his value and his play and his highlights are HOF material.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Welcome to land of crazy 12s..No to VD how can we respect a player that completely folds when it comes to playing us?No to AP unless he will take a big pay cut..I would prefer Gore if he got cut..That guy is tough and has earned most of our respect in here..That said I want the Beast to stay for his final year..The guy is a legend and a Hawk always..

sc85sis

Reaction score
Largent80":2lb1werb said:

I seriously doubt that Lynch goes anywhere next year, and at TE we appear to be set with Miller Moeaki, Willson and Helfet.
Considering his injury status the last two years, we may also be able to re-sign Anthony McCoy to a cheap, "prove it" contract for one or two years.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Welcome to .net membership.

I wouldn't care for either of the guys you mentioned being Seahawks.

Team chemistry is a big deal to me and I think they both are bad fits.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
With Marshawn on the team, regarding the RB situation. We may pull a ballke and draft acl player gurley and let him sit for a year with rookie pay, while beastmode plays in 2015. :thirishdrinkers:

kf3339

Reaction score
sc85sis":2xzs4vdo said:
Largent80":2xzs4vdo said:

Considering his injury status the last two years, we may also be able to re-sign Anthony McCoy to a cheap, "prove it" contract for one or two years.

I agree about Lynch. He is not going anywhere unless he retires. But I don't think that is likely at all.

As for the TE position we don't need VD, nor would I want him a this point. If anything we have to make a decision on several of our current guys for next year...... We don't need 5 including Miller and McCoy in addition to the current group. Not sure who will make it on the team next season for sure.