Why didnt Hawks clinch a playoff spot?

Rainger

Reaction score
Tell me where I am going wrong here. Even if we lose our last 2 we will still be 10 and 6. The best Eagles can now get is 10 and 6 and we beat them.

No other team of the west or south can get to 10 and 6 except teams already in the top 6. So why have we not clinched a spot.

How can we be knocked out?

Erebus

Reaction score
rainger":39qte10p said:
ahh could it be a if there is a tie in the East and the cowboys could knock us out?

I believe that's it. The Eagles could still win their division at 10-6 (highly unlikely), thus making the Cowboys also 10-6, in which case they would hold the tie breaker over us.

Cartire

Reaction score
If the cowboys lose there next 2, and philly wins next week, they still take the East. Which would move the cowboys to the WC.

And lest not forget that both GB and Detroit are looking like one of them will take one of the spots.

Were basically at like 92% right now of being in even with 2 losses.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Actually if Dallas wins we are in tomorrow if I'm not mistaken. I say we win and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dallas holds one tiebreaker vs us in their win. I would rather they lose, GB wins, we win out = #1 seed HFA throughout.

vonstout

Reaction score
If GB and Det win tomorrow, one of them will end up 12-4 since the play each other next week. If we win out too, we have HFA even if Dallas wins out too. We win a three way tie with Dallas and GB or Det.

kearly

Reaction score
Seahawks clinch playoff berth with:

Seahawks win or tie

OR

Dallas win or tie

Still rooting against Dallas anyway. Go Colts!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1b7kqycq said:

Seahawks win or tie

OR

Dallas win or tie

This. Plus if Dallas loses we can win out and get HFA throughout no matter what happens, basically we lose out if both of us go 12-4.

KatarHol

Reaction score
rainger":342llxkr said:
Tell me where I am going wrong here. Even if we lose our last 2 we will still be 10 and 6. The best Eagles can now get is 10 and 6 and we beat them.

No other team of the west or south can get to 10 and 6 except teams already in the top 6. So why have we not clinched a spot.

How can we be knocked out?
We lose out + Dallas loses out + Philly wins next week

RunTheBall

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3upoyk7w said:
kearly":3upoyk7w said:

Seahawks win or tie

OR

Dallas win or tie

This. Plus if Dallas loses we can win out and get HFA throughout no matter what happens, basically we lose out if both of us go 12-4.
Not if GB or DET is 12-4 as well.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1vv6xm10 said:
kearly":1vv6xm10 said:

Seahawks win or tie

OR

Dallas win or tie

It will all work itself out in our favor.. all we have to do is win the last two and we will be the 1 seed.

Yeah there are scenarios that could lead to us being the 2 seed at 12-4.. but I think those are extremely unlikely.. because the Packers and Lions are winning tomorrow.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We're pretty much in unless everything that can go wrong does go wrong. I'd rather just win out and smash our way through the playoff door.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We only have to win one game to get into the playoffs.

Even if we manage to get into a 2 way tie with Dallas at 12-4, and we end up the 2 seed, I'm happy with that scenario.

We still get a bye, which helps guys like Unger and Sweezy get all the way healthy.

Dallas is an in experienced playoff team. There's no guarantee they win that first playoff game.

Also, Dallas likely has the worst HFA of any winning team in the league. These guys are UNDEFEATED on the road though. I'd actually rather play them in Dallas than up here. They'd have the confidence they already won up here. For some reason, they play like crap at home.

Rob12

Reaction score
Neck beard is going to shred that Dallas D tomorrow. I don't see it being all that close.

Latest posts