Best thing about the last few games

kearly

Reaction score
Wilson has looked as good as ever, against two good defenses that knew how to attack him. Even better, considering that Arizona and the 49ers were not easy to run on.

You know Wilson is playing good football when he can make a 120 QB rating game feel so ordinary. Really since the KC game, he's been making it look easy again.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I think with the team really gelling at the right moment they could definitely put up more points also if it wasn't for those ticky tacky calls. Like I mention in another thread, Wilson will have a 300 yard game against the Eagles, he might even run for 100 yards if Eagles decide to load up to stop Lynch. This game would of been almost a 300 yard game and 3 TD for Wilson if they didn't have those calls. I think he does that against the Eagles defense.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Oh and looks like Wilson is sporting his championship beard again. That means he's serious and ready to get us back.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wilson was absolutely magic tonight. Getting it done in multiple ways. Hitting his receivers on the sidelines. Even the middle of the field! He fought for every yard he could get. If not for some horrendous officiating, this team would've dropped 30+ on the league's best defense in their house. I don't know if his spectacular numbers tonight even reflect how good he looked today.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Wilson can kill a defense in so many ways. No one throws better on the run.

If we fix the redzone efficiency the offense will be well on its way. The first and goal needs to be a TD, but to the Hawks credit they were robbed on the Richardson TD.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
You all got it wrong. He "doesn't know passing." Just ask IROC Dave. Somebody else said the would take a "2007 Hass" over Russ. I was floored by that statement, but hey, what do I or the rest of us know? :lol: :lol: :p

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Just as exciting for me has been the defensive force and intensity right from, literally, the opening kickoff.

jake206

Reaction score
He's started to settle down knowing he can trust the guys around him, rather than trying to overdo it by taking over the game with his feet. I feel that the read option, though enormously helpful in bailing Hawks out of predictable play calling has been detrimental in getting a QB in rhythm as a pocket passer. Lately the Hawks have been getting better pass protection, perhaps line is getting healthier or better TE play? Zach Miller was a huge security blanket for RW, so did a little bit of the pass protection and completion rating.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":16qkk48q said:
Wilson can kill a defense in so many ways. No one throws better on the run.

If we fix the redzone efficiency the offense will be well on its way. The first and goal needs to be a TD, but to the Hawks credit they were robbed on the Richardson TD.

I personally think Moeaki scored as well.

Rob12

Reaction score
kearly... We've been punished enough. I need the random thoughts back in my life.

capncrunch

Reaction score
jake206":ql9cwnc6 said:
He's started to settle down knowing he can trust the guys around him, rather than trying to overdo it by taking over the game with his feet. I feel that the read option, though enormously helpful in bailing Hawks out of predictable play calling has been detrimental in getting a QB in rhythm as a pocket passer. Lately the Hawks have been getting better pass protection, perhaps line is getting healthier or better TE play? Zach Miller was a huge security blanket for RW, so did a little bit of the pass protection and completion rating.

This is a good post. I saw some nice play-action plays last night. I liked the passes to our tight ends and running backs. This can open things up for the wide receivers going forward. The pass protection was okay considering the opponent. I was worried about that a lot going in to the game. Some of the read option plays were kind of crazy. RW looked like he changed his mind on one of them. Kind of slipped and fell a couple of times. Oh well, I don't really care looking at the overall game. Maybe they should use synthetic instead of real turf in new stadiums. It seems like people are always falling down untouched. Did it rain earlier yesterday? Anyway. Go Hawks!

TXHawk

Reaction score
I think this game essentially buries any comparisons between Russell Wilson and Kaepernick when talking about the best young QBs. Right now it's not close. Same with RG3, Foles, Newton or any other young QB not named Andrew Luck. Wilson and Luck have separated themselves from the pack with Ryan Tannehill emerging as a solid but distant third.

Latest posts