Michael Strahan knows football

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The only guy on the FOX crew to take the Eagles and Hawks to win... :thirishdrinkers:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Oh gee, and here's a big shocker......Tony Dungy picked Santa Clara while Rodney Harrison took the Hawks. You think Dungy's still butthurt over the beat down Seattle put on his precious Pey Pey in the Super Bowl?

<hint> the answer is 'yes'

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seems like Dungy was down on the Hawks quite a bit before that. Needs to friggin' retire from the booth.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yea Dungy is just as anti-Seahawks as the NFL itself.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I used to hate Rodney Harrison...well maybe I still do...but hes down with the Hawks..after a game we lost this season, he said I still pick the Hawks to win it all.

OrFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":n6f5uge3 said:
Oh gee, and here's a big shocker......Tony Dungy picked Santa Clara while Rodney Harrison took the Hawks. You think Dungy's still butthurt over the beat down Seattle put on his precious Pey Pey in the Super Bowl?

<hint> the answer is 'yes'

BINGO!

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Michael Strahan picked against us in the NFC Championship game, but he got it right this time

olyfan63

Reaction score
The guys are largely assigned their "positions" to advocate in pre-production meetings. They get bonus points if they do it in a sensationalistic, emotional way.

Riley12

Reaction score
olyfan63":279vup0t said:
The guys are largely assigned their "positions" to advocate in pre-production meetings. They get bonus points if they do it in a sensationalistic, emotional way.

Very true. Eastbound and Down did a great season long send up of those shows.

pehawk

Reaction score
Riley12":2bv4jrfo said:
olyfan63":2bv4jrfo said:

Very true. Eastbound and Down did a great season long send up of those shows.

Whatever, they're out to get us Garth and you know it.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1acehjjr said:
I used to hate Rodney Harrison...well maybe I still do...but hes down with the Hawks..after a game we lost this season, he said I still pick the Hawks to win it all.

Former Pats respect the Seahawks.

He's a champ, he'll respect the champs.

Never liked the Patriots but their fans respect Seahawks, especially given that they drove Pete Carroll out of town and he eventually got his redemption in the NFL.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":302gbsk5 said:
NJSeaHawk":302gbsk5 said:

Former Pats respect the Seahawks.

He's a champ, he'll respect the champs.

Never liked the Patriots but their fans respect Seahawks, especially given that they drove Pete Carroll out of town and he eventually got his redemption in the NFL.

Nice point about Pete's Patriots connnection! I'd forgotten all about that!
Plus former Patriots have been part of an organization that's been excellent year after year, so they probably recognize and respect what Carroll is doing in Seattle.

Gotta say, one of the national media guys I've enjoyed each time I've seen him has been Willie McGinest, a former Patriot.

IIRC, Belichick picked the 'Hawks in a blowout in SB 48, when he thought it was off the record., but his"For public consumption" pick was Seattle, but not a blowout.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2aatupff said:
And I don't think for one minute Dungy is "given" his stance/pick. I think he genuinely doesn't like the Hawks.

Yeah, I'm sure they first offer the guys a choice of which side they want to take, and if nobody wants a particular "side" of the argument, they draw straws or lowest man on the totem pole gets the indefensible retarded position or something like that.

I'm sure you're right on the mark that Dungy has an axe to grind with Seattle somehow, so he always chooses the anti-Seahawks part, and rips Seattle with enthusiasm and sincere dislike.

I'm with the posters who say Dungy is still butt-hurt that Pey-Pey got royally ass-whupped in the Super Bowl by the 'Hawks.