Seahawks -1 underdogs vs SF for Thanksgiving

Largent80

Reaction score
SC had better hope that the Seahawk defense we saw yesterday doesn't make the trip, because if they do, it will be a double digit win.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
This line seems pretty fair to me; it basically makes it a 48/52 proposition for us to get the win.

I find myself a bit more optimistic than 48%, but even I'm just barely on the happy side of 50 myself. Definitely going to be a tough game.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
One nice thing as well is that the 9-2 Cardinals are only favored by 1.5 or 2 points (depending on the book) at 4-7 Atlanta on Sunday. That game could be a great sweat for us if we find a way to win on Thursday. The NFC South being in complete shambles may help us, since 4-7 Atlanta is still right there in the division title race and has plenty to play for.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2grno90k said:
One nice thing as well is that the 9-2 Cardinals are only favored by 1.5 or 2 points (depending on the book) at 4-7 Atlanta on Sunday. That game could be a great sweat for us if we find a way to win on Thursday. The NFC South being in complete shambles may help us, since 4-7 Atlanta is still right there in the division title race and has plenty to play for.

Mike Smith is on the hot seat, I hope he can rile up his troops.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Just want to see a Russell Hawk's team win in SF. Kinda like the last stamp to put SF in their proper divisional place.

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":g6ukfur0 said:
SC had better hope that the Seahawk defense we saw yesterday doesn't make the trip, because if they do, it will be a double digit win.

We saw a more violent defense shut down the Saints at home last year prior to our game in SF.

Then we saw another tough defense shut down the Saints in the playoffs prior to the NFCC.

As a Niner fan more concerned with our offense than what the Seahawks bring on defense.

That was a big time effort, backs against the wall kinda game.....at home. Would be surprised to see it two weeks in a row.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2pg90fsd said:
The clock management of that game against Cleveland was atrocious. Atlanta has the talent to make it a game though. As for the Turkey Day game? I wouldn't be surprised if we win or lose given the fact that San Francisco seems so up and down this year (much like us). If I were betting I would say San Francisco wins 17-13 but I'm not so I'm all in for a Seattle victory by hook or by crook.:)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I read that Pete Carroll has yet to win a game in San Francisco.

Luckily this game's being played in Santa Clara.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wk35pye said:

You better check those stats Jimmy. Are you saying as coach of then Trojans he never one a game in San Fran?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":35uly9tb said:
Sgt. Largent":35uly9tb said:

You better check those stats Jimmy. Are you saying as coach of then Trojans he never one a game in San Fran?

In 2009 USC won the Emerald Bowl at AT&T Park.

the ditch

Reaction score
I don't really want to prognosticate on this game as these divisional games are always played tough but I hope we win it would set us up well to get a wild card spot which we'll probably need 11 wins for.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3fehiwji said:

I meant as a pro coach, but considering Cal plays in Berkeley and Stanford plays in Palo Alto I should still be safe with that statement.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1h42l4ug said:
therealjohncarlson":1h42l4ug said:

I meant as a pro coach, but considering Cal plays in Berkeley and Stanford plays in Palo Alto I should still be safe with that statement.

No, you wouldn't.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1iglp3cq said:
This line seems pretty fair to me; it basically makes it a 48/52 proposition for us to get the win.

I find myself a bit more optimistic than 48%, but even I'm just barely on the happy side of 50 myself. Definitely going to be a tough game.

Seems about right to me as well. Vegas looks at trends, and the trend so far is that Wilson hasn't won in SF yet, Carroll hasn't won in SF as the Seahawk's coach yet, and we're what, 0 for our last 6 there ?

The last two have been pretty close, but we still lost. I will say, if we play the way we did yesterday, coupled with SF's offensive woes, we're looking good. Thing is, they've been great against the pass, and A. Smith has looked good coming back, so Okung needs to have a good game and I expect this one to be a low scoring affair with lots of running by the QBs.

bellyfat

Reaction score
That means we're the better team on a neutral field. Which we are. And right now the 49ers are thinking about the future without Harbaugh (wants Pete Carroll money without a championship)

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1zignykk said:

We better hope that the Seahawks O-Line that showed up yesterday doesn't make the trip either. Otherwise Aldon Smith is going to eat Wilson for Thanksgiving Dinner.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
While I won't completely dismiss the thought of a double-digit win, I'd be fairly surprised myself. I think we're in for a real dogfight and I'll be elated with even the ugliest win.

Largent80

Reaction score
The games are usually close in SF. And I find it funny that people think defense cannot be sustained from week to week, evidently they missed last year, and it is easy to see that the defense is hitting it's stride.