Is Wilson bad in bad weather?

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm starting to think he's not a rain or cold weather quarterback. That doesn't make sense considering his hands and bulge size, but, it seems to be true.

That's a theory I'm working on. Anyone else agree?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I'd be slow to conflate cold with other elements. Certainly he has struggled at times in the rain, especially in windy conditions like our divisional game last year with New Orleans.

I haven't particularly seen a significant split if it's just frigid cold and there's no other elements affecting the ball (whether it be making it wet or affecting the flight of the ball).

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
As far as the cold goes, I am also inclined to mention that he sure tore the Big Ten to shreds his senior year at Wisconsin. I just have a difficult time thinking that low temperatures by themselves are a big issue for him.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":pxmcknye said:
As far as the cold goes, I am also inclined to mention that he sure tore the Big Ten to shreds his senior year at Wisconsin. I just have a difficult time thinking that low temperatures by themselves are a big issue for him.

True, true. I'm not as sure on the cold half of my statement as I am the rain.

It's just an interesting lil question from this boards lil douchebag.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He has thrown 4 TDs in a bad weather game vs the Niners, had a great wet game vs the Jets, played well in a bad weather game, wind and wet, last year vs the Vikes.

Nobody looked good in the wind game last year vs the Saints.

Last week was cold, and while there were plenty of bad plays, some by Wilson, he threw a good ball all day. The one he put on Kearse in the end zone that Kearse dropped was a perfect deep out. That is the standard bearer, right, the deep out?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all QBs are affected by bad weather. Eli lost one on his back swing against us too.

A

Anonymous

I'm telling you this with every ounce of my being, and if anyone knows Pete's cell number...

Offense:

If we try the middle of the field, with whichever TE we have, and try it again, even if it didn't work the first time, we will force Arians to account for the TE with more than just zone coverage, and it will open things up for the WR out routes AND the run game around the ends, and up the middle.

Just in case you didn't get me the first time:

It is all about how they account for the tight end position. If we can establish them as even a mild threat, and force a linebacker to follow them after the block, the rest of the offense will work like a Rolex.

Defense:

Pass rush up the middle, stack the box for the run, try to get Stanton running to make all his throws, trust your DB's in man coverage.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2hy8ugup said:
He has thrown 4 TDs in a bad weather game vs the Niners, had a great wet game vs the Jets, played well in a bad weather game, wind and wet, last year vs the Vikes.

Nobody looked good in the wind game last year vs the Saints.

Last week was cold, and while there were plenty of bad plays, some by Wilson, he threw a good ball all day. The one he put on Kearse in the end zone that Kearse dropped was a perfect deep out. That is the standard bearer, right, the deep out?

Yes, yes indeed.

I'm not so sold on rain portion of the arguments. I think there's something there.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
He's been good in bad weather, and borderline terrible in bad weather. I personally feel that what is needed is a larger sample size to get a true measure of this.

captSE

Reaction score
The reason we are losing is our defense has been lacking.
People here been blaming Bevell. Although Bevell might PO most here, the mighty Quinn better rattle what's left of the Legion of Boom.
Last week Jamaal Charles made our D looks bad (yeah yeah no Mebane). Oh, and he [Charles] had a season high against the Hawks with 159 yards and a 8 yard per carry average.
Defense wins .... *See XLVIII

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
captSE":1ekonp0e said:
The reason we are losing is our defense has been lacking.
People here been blaming Bevell. Although Bevell might PO most here, the mighty Quinn better rattle what's left of the Legion of Boom.
Last week Jamaal Charles made our D looks bad (yeah yeah no Mebane). Oh, and he [Charles] had a season high against the Hawks with 159 yards and a 8 yard per carry average.
Defense wins .... *See XLVIII

What exactly does that have to do with Wilson's performance in inclimate weather?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I was at the Patriot (you mad bro') game when he made that terrific throw to Rice...and it was pouring!

He's having a pedestrian year, for him anyway. I still believe there's something wrong with him either mentally or physically.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2oflfdpr said:
I was at the Patriot (you mad bro') game when he made that terrific throw to Rice...and it was pouring!

He's having a pedestrian year, for him anyway. I still believe there's something wrong with him either mentally or physically.

Good point

grizbob

Reaction score
LymonHawk":30he1yye said:

Delayed sophomore slump? :?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
grizbob":2s5yazxn said:
LymonHawk":2s5yazxn said:

Delayed sophomore slump? :?

That isn't outside the realm of possibility actually.