Boomer: Seahawks will miss the playoffs

Do you agree with Boomer?

• Unfortunately I do. The Seahawks are not what they were last year and the final 6 is too much to ov

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • Nope. I still believe the Seahawks will play their best football and make it into the playoffs as a

Votes: 57 41.6%
  • Ask me after this Sunday.

Votes: 52 38.0%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
On Inside The NFL this week they had a segment on which two NFC teams they think will miss the playoffs. Boomer picked us and San Fran. He thinks our final six is a "Murderer's Row" and he doesn't like Wilson as primarily a running QB these days, and wonders where our passing offense went.

He also was the only one to pick against us this weekend.

What say ye?

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think it wasn't any brave ledge ol boomer stepped out on to say that. I admit it. The odds appear as if theyre pretty stacked against our team at this point and it would take a miraculous run for them to finish 11-5 or 12-4. Hell, even
10-6 could be tough but I'll be there with them until they clean ou their lockers. I just hope it's in January (Feb) :D

PS: Because he said that I hope he gets genital warts.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks will basically need last year's game (that had 4 turnovers) but with an offense that actually can score points on the ground AND in the air to convince folks outside of the Seahawk fan base that we have a strong chance to make playoffs despite the very rough schedule ahead.

Make no mistake, lose this game, there's very little confidence we win on turkey day, lose those two games, it's game over man..game over..

Now on the flip side, win this game in convincing fashion, and win on thanksgiving day. Everything completely changes.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Are you serious??? I ask with such surprise because I literally watched a segment last weekend up here in Canada where he does the NFL special commentary for 2 minutes on TSN (Canadian ESPN), and he said that he predicted the KC Chiefs to beat the Hawks, but that he still picked the Hawks to win the SB.

That right there goes to show you that these broadcasters are no different than an average joe making comments or predictions.

olyfan63

Reaction score
lukerguy":21wyc9d8 said:
Are you serious??? I ask with such surprise because I literally watched a segment last weekend up here in Canada where he does the NFL special commentary for 2 minutes on TSN (Canadian ESPN), and he said that he predicted the KC Chiefs to beat the Hawks, but that he still picked the Hawks to win the SB.

That right there goes to show you that these broadcasters are no different than an average joe making comments or predictions.

The national guys are often told in pre-production meetings what their "opinion" is going to be, and that their job is to dig up evidence and make a convincing argument for the position they've been told to take. So there is often very little real connection between what a national mediot really thinks and the position they are told to espouse on-air.

Part of the appeal is people like feeling smarter than the commentators.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't know and I think a guess to whether we do is crazy. Too much can happen.

I don't like the fact that we lost our tiebreaker to Dallas, I'm nervous about our remaining schedule, but there's just too much football to be played and we are clearly within reach.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ryh461zt said:
I say Boomer needs to stop drinking the bong water.
Well, lets not get carried away, that "Bong Water" is some pretty good stuff :p
BUT, I do agree that he's suffered some brain damage from it :3:
It ain't over 'till the fat assed lady sings, eh?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
So Boomer predicting the Seahawks will miss the playoffs now he is drinking bong water? Geesh talk about sensitive.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2lkd805c said:
So Boomer predicting the Seahawks will miss the playoffs now he is drinking bong water? Geesh talk about sensitive.

Hey!, ain't nobody forced him to drink it. :roll:

sutz

Reaction score
Hey, I can see all the odds and obstacles to us making the playoffs from where we're sitting, but I still can't bet against this team in late Nov/Dec.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
This is the NFL where anything can happen and it often does.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
olyfan63":5mp1q5i5 said:
The national guys are often told in pre-production meetings what their "opinion" is going to be, and that their job is to dig up evidence and make a convincing argument for the position they've been told to take. So there is often very little real connection between what a national mediot really thinks and the position they are told to espouse on-air.

This one.

Pretending for a moment that Boomer actually thinks this (perhaps he does), so what? He's not a Seahawks fan. And statistically it's a smart take, as well as a juicy one.

Of teams seriously in the playoff runnings in the NFC the Hawks and 9ers are statistically the least likely to get in right now, and they're also two big name franchises for whom it would be newsworthy if/when they miss. Predicting the Hawks and 9ers won't make the playoffs isn't being a "hater" or "non-believer", it's being a realist, and being a commentator who knows how your bread is buttered.

I'm a 9ers fan (and he throws the 9ers in the same boat), but I don't see the issue.

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":13uukvlb said:
olyfan63":13uukvlb said:

This one.

Pretending for a moment that Boomer actually thinks this (perhaps he does), so what? He's not a Seahawks fan. And statistically it's a smart take, as well as a juicy one.

Of teams seriously in the playoff runnings in the NFC the Hawks and 9ers are statistically the least likely to get in right now, and they're also two big name franchises for whom it would be newsworthy if/when they miss. Predicting the Hawks and 9ers won't make the playoffs isn't being a "hater" or "non-believer", it's being a realist, and being a commentator who knows how your bread is buttered.

I'm a 9ers fan (and he throws the 9ers in the same boat), but I don't see the issue.

Don't come in here talking logic. It's foil hat time because as well all know, everyone hates the Seahawks and specifically their fans. They're out to get us, every single one of us. Us reacting with rage isn't exactly the type of attention media's striving for, really it isn't.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Inpredictable and FootballOutsiders both put us just under 45% to make it. After we probably win on Sunday hopefully that would be sufficient to bump us back over 50%. For now I'll grudgingly accept that we're a slight dog to make the playoffs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Our playoffs start Sunday. So I picked ask me after Sunday.

If we win.. we're still alive. If we don't... well it's time to start prepping for FA and the draft.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":abrpjata said:
Inpredictable and FootballOutsiders both put us just under 45% to make it. After we probably win on Sunday hopefully that would be sufficient to bump us back over 50%. For now I'll grudgingly accept that we're a slight dog to make the playoffs.

I think I read if we win Sunday it'll get bumped up to around 60%.

Still not great, but it's a start. What we need is what you never want to rely on, other teams hitting the skids. We really do need teams like Dallas, GB and Philly to go 2-4 or 3-3 down the stretch so we can start winning some of these tie breakers.