Throwback clip: Krieg to Skansi, 1990 at Arrowhead

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
One of my favorite moments in Seahawks history. All everyone talked about in the 90s was the number of sacks D. Thomas had in this game, without remembering that his missed eighth ( and the pluckiness of Kreig) cost the Chiefs the win.

grizbob

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories, that play damned near made me put 16,000 gallons of gasoline in the ditch in Ninilchik, AK :thirishdrinkers:

pehawk

Reaction score
Dave Krieg LAUGH'S over any complaints about the offensive line today. He'd die for a line like Seattle has right now. Let that sink in, then review Krieg's stats.

Krieg was a pure baller. Hence my son's middle-name; Krieg.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
That was the day that I became hooked on Hawks football as a 10-year-old. I only rooted for the team casually up to then because I was more into basketball, but that finish was pure awesome and I became obsessed with the team (and eventually with all of football) going forward.

kearly

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2umpe4tr said:
That was the day that I became hooked on Hawks football as a 10-year-old. I only rooted for the team casually up to then because I was more into basketball, but that finish was pure awesome and I became obsessed with the team (and eventually with all of football) going forward.

This is the moment my fandom began as well, as a 9 year old. Before this play I didn't get why people cared so much about what another team did, and then that play happened and it all made sense.

pugs1

Reaction score
Went to several Seahawks games at Arrowhead back in the old AFC West days and that was the only win I ever saw live! Andy Heck was a turnstile that day.

evergreen

Reaction score
How about the shove that guy put on Skansi. Man those were the days for defense. I think that play, the end of the orange bowl, efren herera on MNF, and fredd brown killing that Oakland punt returner in the kingdome are the best from the old days.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
My brother being 8 years older than myself and a DIEHARD Chiefs fan was in my 10 year old face ALLLLL morning and giving me the business until this play happened. I remember it like it was yesterday! :0190l:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Mudbone was man that day! Full on Rocky Balboa performance that I will never forget. I remember wishing DT was a Seahawk for awhile after that.

grizbob

Reaction score
kearly":3un7pxbm said:
MidwestHawker":3un7pxbm said:

This is the moment my fandom began as well, as a 9 year old. Before this play I didn't get why people cared so much about what another team did, and then that play happened and it all made sense.

Man you guys are making me feel old, I was older than both of you are now then. :p

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
grizbob":gvdj1kk7 said:
kearly":gvdj1kk7 said:
MidwestHawker":gvdj1kk7 said:

Man you guys are making me feel old, I was older than both of you are now then. :p

Me 2.....:p :twisted:

I wear my sunglasses at night.... 8)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the best regular season moments in Seahawks history. I would love a repeat ending this Sunday please. :D

ivotuk

Reaction score
Saw that game, it was sooooo awesome! I'd forgotten that Chuck Knox was skinny at one time.

Afterwards Derrick Thomas said he would have given up all the previous sacks to get that one. I believe he set a record that game.

irocdave

Reaction score
Remember watching that game, just as today, my dad couldn't watch anymore and left the room. When Krieg was on he was a legit top tier QB. Yes, equal to gods gift to QB's Joe Montana. He was just so inconsistent. Imagine if the Hawks had Aaron Rodgers for a couple of weeks then for some reason he turned in to Charlie Whitehurst. Those tiny hands...man, does he still hold the NFL record for fumbles?

I couldn't recall Whitehurst's name while typing this so I googled "clip board jesus", lol, guess who's name popped up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Whitehurst

Man that guy sucked.

Krieg was a stud and played 19 seasons in the NFL. Wish he had RW's hands, we may have won a couple more playoff games in the 80's and had the PNW version of Montana.