'14: As a FAN, what are YOU in it for?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Simply put: What are your current expectations?

Is it Superbowl or Bust?

Does the team have to win the Division for the season to be a success?

Are you happy with just any Playoff berth, knowing we always have a fighter's chance?

Do you expect this team to dominate every game?

Etcera...

For me, I'll just be happy with a highly competitive team that puts itself within a winning reach every game, even if they don't.

For me, I'm enjoying seeing all the young players grow, knowing that each injury is another opportunity for these guys to step-up gain experience. Experience that will be vital for future teams.

Most of all, I'll enjoy these guys just having fun again and being passionate about playing a game they love through all the adversity they've been dealt with like Harvin drama and sensationalistic media turning the team into a live Soap Opera of a spectacle, as well as the injury mess taking its toll on the team.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I am in it for the long haul. I want to win another as bad as anyone (look at my avatar) If it meant denying Denver one more time from Super Bowl glory then even better.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I agree with the OP. I'm happy that as I write this, WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS. I would like a gritty, competitive team that always seems to be in every game and they've done that. They aren't the same team that was in
New Jersey last January and I think a lot of the newer fans don't understand this fact. A lot of young players are getting
experience on the fly and that bodes well for years to come.

King Dog

Reaction score
I've been saying for a lot of years I just want the Hawks to win one Lombardi before I die. Now that we got one, I want another!

grizbob

Reaction score
Kinda gotta taste of the Super Bowl, now I'm greedy and want another one...or two :th2thumbs:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Like many here I've been a SeaHawk fan since the day I knew Wa. State was getting a team.
I'm a fan regardless of what names are on the roster, who the coaches are or who owns the team.
I always will be unless the SEATTLE Seahawks get moved to another city. Even then it's a 50/50 thing.
IMHO this Pete Carroll era has been the most fun.
I got to attend the NFCCG that we won to earn a trip to the Super Bowl and I got to see The guys bring the Lombardi home to Seattle.
My expectations have changed. I no longer expect MY Seahawks to figure out a way to lose. I now expect them to figure out a way to WIN. When they don't I'm more sad than I was a few years ago.
I really can't even explain why I care about the silly game but I do.
If by some strange chain of events, the SeaHawks no longer existed, I would MOST likely give up on the NFL and focus on the NCAA boys.
I'm in it for my Love of The Seattle Seahawks.
100 % homer right here.
That's my story and I'm .....
:{)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
These days I'm having as much fun prefunking with old friends as I am watching the games. After winning the Super Bowl I have no expectations this year. I just want to enjoy the wins when they come, and try not to get too down when they lose.

But to play along, if I was prodded long enough, I guess I would say I expect to make it to the playoffs this year and do some damage. Win one or more and see what happens. I think HFA is definitely out.

Go on the road as a wildcard or divisional and see if we can't get back to the big dance and RE-PETE.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawk fan since my family moved to the Seattle area in 1977. So I'm in it enjoy football and the Seahawks. I'm happy that they won the SB last season and confident they will be there again this season when it's all said and done. It's a lot happier place when they are winning but win or lose, I'm a Seahawk fan first and foremost.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2ih6vjul said:
I've been saying for a lot of years I just want the Hawks to win one Lombardi before I die. Now that we got one, I want another!

Spot on. I was always hoping that they would pull it out one year, and I'd be satisfied.

But now that they've finally done it, I totally want to see them do it again!

As far as this season, it's hard to stay positive with all of the injuries and the tough schedule ahead, but if they at least win a playoff game and snap the drought of the past decade's superbowl winner not winning a playoff game, I'd be satisfied.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
The ultimate goal is obviously the super bowl every year, but as always, I'm just happy to win one game at a time.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I am in it for a repeat. People say its hard to repeat as champs during "salary cap" era. Well, I like to see the Hawks show that they can win it all again behind the geniuses of Caroll and Schneider.

OrFan

Reaction score
I love the Hawks, always have since I was playing football in jr. high and we finally got a team I could call my own.

I was a hopeful idiot, like many others for years. We got Holmgren and my hopes got high. Screw the NFL.

We got Pete and I knew something special was in the air. I couldn't believe it when he went away from the NFL to coach little boy ball. When he came here I was on cloud nine. Nobody can take that away from me.

I now expect a beaten up team, with a coach that doesn't know the meaning of giving up, to give it their best till the end.

It is another championship in the making. Expecting anything less is not acceptable.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Whatever they'll give me. Fan for life. Of course the SB is the ultimate prize, but being in the mix to make the playoffs is what turns my crank. After that, its all gravy.