'14: As a FAN, what are YOU in it for?

tooshort

Reaction score
I want the first of 2 repetes, (but barring that) I'm in it for a Hawk inspired law that allows me to "disappear" the people that never wanted to talk hawks before the SB win, but now keep walking up to me while I'm decked out in gear from all eras to say things like:

"Wow, you're optimistic"
"Another injury? We're done"
"Don't you wish we still had Percy?"

:throwup:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I get the same emotions during the games, but the gnawing feeling in my gut that I'll never see my team win the title is gone. It's like after losing your V card. You know you did it at least once and you will likely do it again.

Largent80

Reaction score
I am in it like I have been since 1976.

No expectations but hoping to at least attain the playoffs and taking it from there.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pmedic920":1zn14wed said:
Like many here I've been a SeaHawk fan since the day I knew Wa. State was getting a team.
I'm a fan regardless of what names are on the roster, who the coaches are or who owns the team.
I always will be unless the SEATTLE Seahawks get moved to another city. Even then it's a 50/50 thing.
IMHO this Pete Carroll era has been the most fun.
I got to attend the NFCCG that we won to earn a trip to the Super Bowl and I got to see The guys bring the Lombardi home to Seattle.
My expectations have changed. I no longer expect MY Seahawks to figure out a way to lose. I now expect them to figure out a way to WIN. When they don't I'm more sad than I was a few years ago.
I really can't even explain why I care about the silly game but I do.
If by some strange chain of events, the SeaHawks no longer existed, I would MOST likely give up on the NFL and focus on the NCAA boys.
I'm in it for my Love of The Seattle Seahawks.
100 % homer right here.
That's my story and I'm .....
:{)
Great post my friend. Covers it for me as well except for the part about it being a 50/50 thing if they moved to another city. If that ever happened, they would be dead to me. The Chargers are my (distant) 2nd favorite team but if they move to LA, they will be dead to me at that point.

As for this year, I'm really hoping for a playoff berth. Get to the dance and you've got a shot. This team plays all teams tough, on the road or at home so that would bode well for a rePete. With the injuries and the upcoming schedule, I'm kinda pessimistic but as they say, that's why they play the games so we'll see.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
My expectations for the year have lowered and I think that a repeat will be difficult. That said, I still think that it's possible. The NFC playoffs will be wide open and we'll have a chance. I just want to be in the dance come January.

McGruff

Reaction score
JSeahawks":w2je3ngq said:
Entertainment.

Bingo.

At a certain point 10:eek:r so years ago I came to terms with the fact that football is a game, a sport, and I am merely a fan. I like to see them win, but whether they do or dont has no bearing on my life. I think of football games like movies. Sometimes you see a good one, sometimes you sit through a stinker, but as the credits roll and the lights come on, its time to move on to the next thing.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Everyone wants to dance. I want to dance and keep others from the dance. When I saw the schedule and that we had the Ninnies on Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday), I wanted, if only one game, that one--to beat them in their new building on a National stage.

I too, had the pit in my stomach, feeling we'd never win the big game. Then we did and that pit is gone now. I can just watch and have fun, even recently. We've been pretty bad for a few weeks and we've still put together amazingly fun games to watch. That's all I can really ask from this season.

Let's make it to the playoffs, and then I can return to the angry, tournmented football fan I once was. My expectations at that point will be, we must win it all. AGAIN.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
..to win it...all, enjoy the ride along the way no matter what happens.

Cougarmode58

Reaction score
I agree with the fact that we need to be in every game give ourselves a chance to win and always compete. I will be pleased with winning our division and getting into the playoffs that is a very hard task if you look back at how previous super bowl champions have done in the next season.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I just love watching the game. I have been a fan for over 30 years and the finesse Seahawks made me want to rip my eyes out. Now we are a punch you in the mouth, kick ass and ask questions later type of team.

No matter who we are playing, I know we have a chance, and it's great win or lose. Statistically, Seattle won't make the SB again, but I expect them to make the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":udhps7mr said:
Are you happy with just any Playoff berth, knowing we always have a fighter's chance?.

This is pretty much where I'm at now.

Beginning of the year? I was thinking SB or bust. But now with all the injuries, team not really finding it's stride and tough schedule I'd be happy with playoffs and see if we can make a run.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I know this sounds very petty. But at this point. I just want us to be better than the Niners. If they get a wildcard, I want the division. If they dont make it to playoffs, just make it to playoffs. etc.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I want us to threepeet. Going down as one if not the best team of any decade.

Realistically just staying in the hunt and just getting to another SB in the next 3 years will keep me satisfied.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
seahawk 17":hzecy41n said:
Statistically, Seattle won't make the SB again.

Statistically, yes it is tough for sure. But if that stat is true, then it is also true that most of the other 31 teams do worse than the previous SB winners, major exception being the 1 that wins it. I don't think it should be ignored when discussing difficulty of rePeteing.

RyPants

Reaction score
I don't post here much, but I'm a regular reader, and I have to say I really appreciate all of the passion shown my so many.

What I've learned this year is exactly how important it is, when you get to the big dance, to make sure you take home the prom queen. The first nine games of this season has been such a lesson in patience and managing frustrations, and trying to maintain perspective and enjoying what, despite their warts, is a pretty damn entertaining team to be a fan of.

I remember when we lost in XL, thinking "no big deal, this team is built for the long haul," and then BAM, Shaun hits the wall and Hutch is gone and on and on... and the next thing I know, we're basement dwelling. And I thought that we'd be there for a while, because some times it takes a few years of losing to build a contender, and then Pete and JS come on board and look where we got.

I don't know where we're going to end up this year, but what I do know is that whatever happens, I'm going to enjoy the ride. Because you're never as far from the mountaintop as it seems, but you're never that far from sea level, either.

GO HAWKS!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just get to the Tournament and see what happens. They certainly are capable of winning the whole thing again.

A

Anonymous

Being a Seahawks fan at the game has become the same thing as going to church every Sunday:
1.) It consumes 10% of your income.
2.) It's where all the hot women are.
3.) And there is absolutely no shame in it.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Dynasty. Thats what I want. I want us to be in the top tier of storied franchises like the Cowboys, Packers, 49ers, Steelers, ect. cause even when we suck the media will still ride our teams penis like they do to the Cowboys. Plus do u guys notice these teams always gets the best selections of gears, shirts, caps, jackets, hoodies, ect. at the NFL team shop, new era or Mitchell & Ness websites?