Should I try to trade Roy Williams right now ?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • My team :

QBs : Matt Ryan, Trent Edwards
    WRs : Greg Jennings, Roy Williams, DeSean Jackson, Justin Gage, Kevin Walter
    RBs : Chris Johnson, Cedric Benson, Leon Washington, Donald Brown
    TE : John Carlson
    K : John Carney
    DEF : Chargers, Raiders

So ? Should I trade this enormous bust right now and pry that some Homer in my league can't see his lake of skills ?

Seriously, I can believe you if you tell me that R. Williams is skilled but, it just doesn't work with Romo (but with WHO Romo manage to throw correctly ?)

In week 2 I started Jennings, R. Williams and Gage. I bench DeSean Jackson. F**k myself but thanks god I had Chris Johnson and Cedric Benson.
    Last edited by Coxal on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• WOW, your team is stacked man. Considering how well the draft went for you I would say you won't have any problems dumping Williams on someone. If I were you I would deal him straight up for another RB, maybe you could package him for a better WR.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

• Yeah I love my draft especially when you know that I play in a 14-teams league. I'm thinking about 2 trade : - - Williams for Ray Rice or Sproles
    - Williams+someone for Ochocinco...

Notice : McCoy and Michael Bush are FAs. Westbrook is injured, will McCoy be able to have 20+ carries?
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• If i were you I'd go for Ochocinco and then pick up McCoy. Benson is getting all of the carries in Cinci while Rice and Sproles both share carries.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

• Thank you Dietrich. I officially proposed :

- Roy Williams for Chad Ochocinco (I'll send a new proposition with Williams + Washington* if I need to)
    - Roy Williams for Marion Barber

I'm waiting for Colts @ Dolphins, if we don't see Donald Brown, I drop him for McCoy.

*Yes, I forgot Leon Washington in my roster !!
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• I'd back out of that Barber trade. Barber hurt his quad in the game last night. I think Felix Jones is going to start getting more carries too.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

• Dont know who would give you much for R. Williams right now if you are in a league with educated people.. youre trying to sell while the stock is lowest..wait for a game he has a decent showing THEN trade him. Should have done it after week one... But if youre in a 14 league team and had that draft I suspect you are in with a bunch of noobs who probably draft as though its 2007... so maybe you can get something.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Vetamur wrote:Dont know who would give you much for R. Williams right now if you are in a league with educated people.. youre trying to sell while the stock is lowest..wait for a game he has a decent showing THEN trade him. Should have done it after week one... But if youre in a 14 league team and had that draft I suspect you are in with a bunch of noobs who probably draft as though its 2007... so maybe you can get something.

You're right... After a good and long night I'm even wondering if I must keep Williams. After all, he just has a bad game and Romo struggled a lot. I don't need depth, Washington and Brown will see more carries asap and It's hard to have a better WR than Williams with a trade (If I want better I have to ask a true WR1 who's producing every week and no one want to trade this kind of key player... I guess).

I've some questions surrounding Moreno... I think he can produce the same numbers Steve Slaton had last year (he just need few more games). The guy wants DeSean Jackson but I can try to propose Gage or Walter... Who knows ? :D
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• I'm in the same boat. I'm going to wait til he has another decent game before offering him up.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information