Red released, DT now a need for Seattle?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Its official on seahawks realeased sidney rice and more importantly red bryant. Now i think Stephen Tuitt, Brent Urban in rd 1 and Deandre Coleman in the middle rounds are on the Seahawks radar. The Seahawks have to replace that size some how on the d-line Red bryant is a big loss but the JS/PC always have a plan.

sutz

Reaction score
It's not like we don't have options already on the roster. Plus, FA is just gonna start next week IIRC.

I'll miss Red. :(

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scruggs and Hill will be competing for snaps in that rotation. Not sure about FA or draft.

McGruff

Reaction score
Red plays DE . . . 5 tech outside . . .

Look for Hill, Williams, Scruggs, etc. to make a play at the position . . .

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Lots of options on our current roster plus free agency coming up. This doesn't make DT a need really. If Aaron Donald or Rasheed Hageman are there for the taking in round one I'm sure we would take that opportunity.

sutz

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3rz9uwhk said:
Lots of options on our current roster plus free agency coming up. This doesn't make DT a need really. If Aaron Donald or Rasheed Hageman are there for the taking in round one I'm sure we would take that opportunity.
Well, yeah, if you're going all "BPA" on us. :)

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
McGruff":10x75v52 said:
Red plays DE . . . 5 tech outside . . .

Look for Hill, Williams, Scruggs, etc. to make a play at the position . . .

Damn seems to me their is alot of smug Seahawks fans out their after winning the SuperBowl. Michael Bennett,Sidney Rice, and Red Bryant's contributions to the team are being underestimated big time on some of these posts. If the Seahawks just assume Scruggs, Hill, and Williams will just step up and get the job done next year, the Seahawks will be in the back of the division. Bennett, Rice, and Bryant all had big time plays and impact on this team. Seattle needs a player(s) with their physicality and ability added to the roster. Seattle needs to add another big man that can make an impact like Red to compete in this division that is for sure. To trust a red shirt rookie and two IR players to be the bulk of next years rotation would be depressing.

Red Bryant is basically a DT lined up over the TE. DT with length is what PC likes. 6'4-6'6 and 300-320lbs with long arms that blows up the O-line is what Seattle prefers, two if possible to max out their scheme(Bryant,T.McDaniel).

McGruff

Reaction score
No one is being smug. Being real. It happened. We can't change it, and neither can anyone in the locker room. What they can do is step up and play their part.

Jesse Williams is shorter by two inches, but their build and skill set is nearly identical. Massive upper bodies, itty bitty legs.

Bennett is much harder to replace. Not as optomistic there.

titan3131

Reaction score
Between the players we already have, YOU KNOW that good DT's and DE will want to come here for a prove it deal.

I have no Qualms with being a Superbowls gravy train for 1-3 free agents every year while we create our dynasty.

Threedee

Reaction score
I've seen some mock drafts that show us picking up big defensive guys. DraftTek.Com has us taking DT Daniel McCullers out of Tennessee in R5. He is 6'6" and 377 lbs.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The guy I really liked in the preseason and did well in his one game experience is Michael Brooks. Good size and speed. I expect we will see him more

JMR

Reaction score
"Need" is the most over-used word in our language from Feb thru Apr every year.

I don't think it changes much at all for the draft. You take the best value on the board when it's your turn.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":1286ah0s said:
To trust a red shirt rookie and two IR players to be the bulk of next years rotation would be depressing.
As opposed to a real rookie? :34853_doh:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
McGruff":2un2vf6p said:
No one is being smug. Being real. It happened. We can't change it, and neither can anyone in the locker room. What they can do is step up and play their part.

Jesse Williams is shorter by two inches, but their build and skill set is nearly identical. Massive upper bodies, itty bitty legs.

Bennett is much harder to replace. Not as optomistic there.
We replace Bennett with Bennett. There, done deal

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":73wsedzq said:
Lynch Mob":73wsedzq said:
To trust a red shirt rookie and two IR players to be the bulk of next years rotation would be depressing.
As opposed to a real rookie? :34853_doh:

A 6'6 or 6'7 300 pound rookie would make me feel better about the situation. Look what a good rookie DT did for Carolina in one year. The right rookie D-lineman could be a game changer on this defense for years. I was talking about Tuitt and Urban as the possible first round picks.

chris98251

Reaction score
After 4 years you still have doubts about how they assemble a roster, letting Veterans test the market and then offer a more reasonable deal as a bring back or find a replacement that performs better then what left. Tough time of the year, but we knew it would come to this.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
The plan Pete and John have established for this team has worked out pretty great so far. I trust they planned for a lot of these moves, just like many folks hear predicted as well. I wouldn't put it passed them to have multiple contingency plans either.

Let them do their thing, and watch how beautiful it looks.

That said, I would love to get a top tier DT in the first first rounds. That would be suuuuuper.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I would have to assume that for a savvy GM, especially one whose team wants to run an 8 man defensive line rotation, every spot on the line is a need all the time.