This offseason is going to be ridiculous

davidonmi

Reaction score
We already know USC is looking for a coach, Texas too most likely. Now we can add Florida to that with the disaster that is will muschamp. It's also possible pelini gets canned but not likely, u can also add all the major programs that will be looking for coaches when their coaches bolt For one of those jobs.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think Sumlin goes to USC. Saban, as crazy as it sounds, I think goes to Texas. Which means A&M and Alabama would be looking for new coaches which would cause more domino's to fall.

I agree, its going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
If muschamp is gone strong will probably get the fla job

Subzero717

Reaction score
I don't see Saban going to Texas. They print money at UT but I think his agent is just using UT.

I also don't see Sumlin to SC. They play, or try to plat big boy football at SC. Spread isn't their gig. I think Jeff Fisher should be available. They want and need a splash hire. I don't know where they look. I think Hayden has a short list and he knows it and everyone else is speculating.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2prx8717 said:
I don't see Saban going to Texas. They print money at UT but I think his agent is just using UT.

I also don't see Sumlin to SC. They play, or try to plat big boy football at SC. Spread isn't their gig. I think Jeff Fisher should be available. They want and need a splash hire. I don't know where they look. I think Hayden has a short list and he knows it and everyone else is speculating.

The reason I think Saban goes to Texas is ego, not money. He's proven he can do it at Alabama, now he'll go and prove he can do it somewhere else (although if he really wants to stroke his ego he should go and do it somewhere like Oregon State or Washington State).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Somebody (probably not one of those big time programs, but somebody further down the domino effect) should look at Stanfords D. Coordinator Derek Mason for a head coaching gig.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think his ego would lead Saban back to the NFL. I think he's proven all he can in college.

titan3131

Reaction score
I get super hard on the idea of SABAN @ UW.

Seahawks world champions '13 '14 '15

National champions huskies '14?

GCrow

Reaction score
Yeah, Saban's agent was the one who reportedly reached out to Texas/Media saying it would be the only other job he would consider and that Saban's success at 'Bama has created "Special Pressure" on him. Now why the heck else would he go out of his way to do that? I get the whole posturig for a raise thing, but really. Does Nick Saban need his agent to stir some stuff up for him to get a raise?

And DeLoss Dodds - Mack's biggest ally - is gone from Texas and their new AD doesn't have to much experience, so it more than likely the boosters have majority of the power...and would be willing to throw anything necessary at Saban.