Ever been to a bowl w/o teams you're interested in

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was just curious if anybody has ever gone to a bowl game that didn't involve their favorite team (or at least a near favorited team)?

drrew

Reaction score
2001 Seattle Bowl - Georgia Tech beat Stanford at Safeco. Oddly a large amount of Georgia Tech fans, apparently Boeing hires a lot of GaTech engineers. No rooting interest, Safeco field was still only a couple of years old, so it was fun being in the stadium in the winter.

2002 Seattle Bowl - Wake Forest beat Oregon at Seahawks Stadium. Really enjoyed going to root against the Ducks, and Wake forest didn't disappoint. Lots of people in Husky gear cheering on Wake Forest.

I had a great time at both games and didn't really care about any of the four teams. I'f go every year if the Seattle Bowl ever came back.

I'm assuming you're trying to decide whether to goto a bowl this year? Which one are you looking at?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I got free tickets to an Insight.com bowl. I think it was Oklahoma State vs. Minnesota. It was a good time. I'm not really a big college football fan outside of watching the Pac-12 and keeping up with draft possibilities, but I will always watch football, especially for free.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
drrew":zyhkdl6x said:
2001 Seattle Bowl - Georgia Tech beat Stanford at Safeco. Oddly a large amount of Georgia Tech fans, apparently Boeing hires a lot of GaTech engineers. No rooting interest, Safeco field was still only a couple of years old, so it was fun being in the stadium in the winter.

2002 Seattle Bowl - Wake Forest beat Oregon at Seahawks Stadium. Really enjoyed going to root against the Ducks, and Wake forest didn't disappoint. Lots of people in Husky gear cheering on Wake Forest.

I had a great time at both games and didn't really care about any of the four teams. I'f go every year if the Seattle Bowl ever came back.

I'm assuming you're trying to decide whether to goto a bowl this year? Which one are you looking at?

I didn't even know there was a Seattle Bowl, let alone that it was played in a baseball stadium.