Hypothetical trade

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • 3 firsts, 3 seconds, & Giacomini :P
    User avatar
    kigenzun
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 392
    Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 pm


  • Yes to both scenarios and more honestly.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


  • kearly wrote:Assuming everything checks out (medical, interview, background, etc), I would trade Sherman + a 1st or Thomas + a 1st for Clowney in a heartbeat. Even if Seattle paid an RG3 type price to get him, I'd be thrilled. Late 1st round picks are massively over-valued and we'll be picking late for a long time.

    We haven't seen a Jadeveon Clowney before. There has never been a pass rusher ever before that compares physically.


    I saw that kind of an athlete before... his name was Steve Emtman. Did you ever get a chance to see Emtman play or is he before your time? Guy was an absolute physical freak of nature. He led the team in workouts and did a backflip in full pads and helmet. That was insane. He was outrunning everybody including WR's. He blew his knee out and then seemed to fall apart. But he was a ridiculously amazing guy. Best athlete I'd seen to that point, and that wasn't even taking in his nearly 300 pound frame.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • SharkHawk wrote:
    kearly wrote:Assuming everything checks out (medical, interview, background, etc), I would trade Sherman + a 1st or Thomas + a 1st for Clowney in a heartbeat. Even if Seattle paid an RG3 type price to get him, I'd be thrilled. Late 1st round picks are massively over-valued and we'll be picking late for a long time.

    We haven't seen a Jadeveon Clowney before. There has never been a pass rusher ever before that compares physically.


    I saw that kind of an athlete before... his name was Steve Emtman. Did you ever get a chance to see Emtman play or is he before your time? Guy was an absolute physical freak of nature. He led the team in workouts and did a backflip in full pads and helmet. That was insane. He was outrunning everybody including WR's. He blew his knee out and then seemed to fall apart. But he was a ridiculously amazing guy. Best athlete I'd seen to that point, and that wasn't even taking in his nearly 300 pound frame.


    Yeah he was truly amazing. The guy was virtually unblockable. And when he came to Indy, he was instantly their most impressive defender from the first day. His strength was legendary the moment he hit the field.

    Kiper wasn't doing his gig for long, but at the time he was the highest rated player he'd ever evaluated. I think Dan Wilkinson matched Emtman's grade a handful of years later. Emtman's fate was pretty tragic as far as playing careers go.

    That said, we haven't seen a player of Clowney's ability since LT.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 730
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm


  • You would need to give up a lot more than a core player and a 1st round pick especially at the end of the 1st round and most teams would rather have draft choices instead of players in a trade
    Hawkinaz
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 95
    Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:09 pm
    Location: Gold Canyon, AZ


  • Clowney's conditioning is looking suspect right now.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2229
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • CPHawk wrote:Clowney's conditioning is looking suspect right now.


    Good, maybe he'll fall to pick 32
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19208
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • We might be asking before the year is over, what would you trade for Robert Nkemdiche.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2229
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • His conditioning will be fine. It was the first game and the heat was ridiculous here. Don't even get me started on the humidity. He hasn't gotten into true game shape yep. He will get there ASAP. Also didn't help UNC kept throwing those bubble screens. Everything they ran was a quick hitting play. NFL teams don't do that nearly as much. You just can't win that way. Neither could UNC, obviously. This guy is the best pash rusher in a long, long time. I would trade all of next year's draft for him.
    User avatar
    acbass
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 419
    Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:55 pm
    Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota/Charleston, South Carolina


  • I would trade our 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 3 drafts and also throw in Sidney Rice along with Marshawn Lynch.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 540
    Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:47 am


  • cover-2 wrote:I would trade our 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 3 drafts and also throw in Sidney Rice along with Marshawn Lynch.


    Is your name Al Davis Jr?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2229
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm


  • Lol. People around here have him rated way too high. Glad we got Schneider.
    Stoned Cold
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:28 pm


  • I would trade MRob for him in an instant.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • 2013 first, second, third, fourth 2014 first and Bruce Irvin is highest I'd go.
    Image
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1378
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • I wouldn't franchise our future for any single player. Especially a non-QB. Even then, when it's all said and done, the Rams (IMO) will be the clear winner in the RG3 deal.

    Clowney may be the deal...he could also bust. Too bad (The great) Steve Emtman never got to show his stuff as a pro, and I'd throw Reggie White into this discussion of comparables as well. But for every White (or Derrick Thomas) there's 100 Keith McCants and Dan Wilkinsons. You just never know...so I'll be happy to just throw in our 4th, along with our 1st, to move up for ASJ.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5661
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Hypothetical trade
Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:27 pm
  • The Buffalo Bills want Richard Sherman and are picking #1 overall.

    The trade their first pick for Richard Sherman and our first #32.

    We get Jadevon Clowney.

    Would you trade Richard Sherman for a shot at Jadevon Clowney?
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1605
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Elma, WA


Re: Hypothetical trade
Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:10 pm
  • I would like to see more of him against top round talent, physical freaks can dominate lesser player ala Curry, make him have to work in a scheme or against a offense that can negate his preferred moves and see how he adjusts.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11211
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Hypothetical trade
Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:53 pm
  • McGruff wrote:The Buffalo Bills want Richard Sherman and are picking #1 overall.

    The trade their first pick for Richard Sherman and our first #32.

    We get Jadevon Clowney.

    Would you trade Richard Sherman for a shot at Jadevon Clowney?


    1. How do you know the Bills are picking #1?
    2. How do you know the Bills want Sherman for the #1 pick?
    3. I would still make that trade.
    BEVELL IS THE DEVIL
    User avatar
    storm74
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 565
    Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 pm
    Location: davenport


Re: Hypothetical trade
Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:13 pm
  • I take it back. This guy couldn't hold Emtman's cleats at this point. Emtman dominated entire offenses on a weekly basis. He was a beast and a very intelligent football player. Clowney did little today because somebody stepped on his foot in practice. I understand he's been hurt, but Emtman didn't get hurt in college or let it hurt his play. It ruined his NFL career, but in college he was dominant every play. Clowney looked ok... but lots of guys have looked better.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am




It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Lynch Mob and 2 guests