Quinton Patton will be a Seahawk

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
What round are we taking him in? The more I see him the more I like him. Will he last to the third?

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Patton may be gone by #56. He's got a second round grade. I would be shocked if he made it as low as Seattle picks in the 3rd round.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
yeah i bet there's a run on WR's in the late first and will carry on to the second round so i think if the Hawks are gonna take him it would have to be the 56 pick if he was available.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm not really feeling Patton. He seems like he is pretty talented, but I'd really like to see the Hawks pick up a dude with some real size at the position. Of course if Patton is the next Greg Jennings or Darrell Jackson I'll be A-Ok

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I kind of think he's going to be the guy at this point. That is if we don't trade out.

He's a guy that we fans seem lukewarm on. Kind of like the perfect first pick from this FO.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm going to go in the opposite direction and say Patton will not be a Seahawk. It's not that I don't like him, though. I always viewed him as in the same class as the other popular tier-2 receivers in this class and a strong candidate at #56, even before the report that Seattle is rumored to be "very interested" in him. Now, he's a fan favorite. Go figure.

The main reason I don't see him being drafted by us is because I don't see Seattle viewing another 6' receiver as being any upgrade over what we have on the field now, short-term or long-term. I do think they "loved" him before the Percy trade but that now drafting another receiver would be redundant.

John has said as much that their draft board depends as much on need as it does on an individual's talent. The players high on their board, imo, are going to be more based on who instantly upgrades the position he plays. Patton, while a talented player, doesn't do that. jmho

Sac

Reaction score
John has said that they grade for the team and rank players who they think can compete.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1idj1iqa said:
John has said that they grade for the team and rank players who they think can compete.
A player at a position of need can compete and upgrade better than a position loaded with talent.

Sac

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1wui5vqo said:
SacHawk2.0":1wui5vqo said:
A player at a position of need can compete and upgrade better than a position loaded with talent.

That depends on the quality of fatale talent at a given position. If the front office thinks a WR that is available to them is more apt to compete than a DT that's available i can see us going WR.

kearly

Reaction score
He's gone before #56 most likely.

I have a hard time seeing Seattle go WR again in rounds 2 or 3. It's a crazy year, but Seattle didn't truly need WR in the first place and that was before they added Harvin for a truckload.