My Four Round Mock Draft

pugs1

Reaction score
1: DE/DT Datone Jones UCLA
2: WR Quinton Patton LT
3: OLB Jamie Collins USM
4: WR Tavarres King UGA

Jones can push the pocket and play mutable positions on the DL.
Patton has shot up the draft board with a good week of practice @ the Sr. Bowl.
Collins had a huge year on a awful team. Jamie lives in the other teams backfield. This guy has been a stud for USM!
King impressed me all year in the SEC and he has not disappointed in Mobile either.

I would love to hear some feedback.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
You seem like you like your southern players :lol:

I was looking for some research on Collins and I saw this,

"COMPARES TO: K.J. Wright, OLB, Seattle Seahawks - Like Wright, Collins possesses a unique combination of speed, fluidity and flexibility for his size. However, when Wright came out of Mississippi State, he displayed better all-around instincts and motor than what we've seen out of Collins, who is probably the more gifted athlete. Right now, Collins looks like a developmental project with starting-caliber potential if the fundamentals and instincts can improve." http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... ie-collins

I guess it can't hurt to have two K.J. Wrights :D. It seems K.J. who was drafted in the 4th round was the better prospect, though, so maybe we could get him in the 4th or later?

I like the Tavarres King pick. He'd add some much needed speed to our WR group and he has a ton of experience which would be a big help for him to make this roster and contribute.

Good mock, overall. Not sure about the Jones pick, though.

OP
OP
pugs1

pugs1

Reaction score
The thing I like about Jamie Collins is his consistency. Southern Miss in 2011 won 12 games and Collins had 98 total tackles 19.5 TFL and 6.5 sacks. This past year USM flipped the script and went 0-12 but Jamie Collins still had a great year with 92 totals tackles 20 TFL and 10 sacks.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Man, you gotta feel bad for SMU fans. That quite the collapse.

Re: Collins - I've been reading that his best position will probably be SLB, but I'm assuming you've watched him a couple times. Can he play WLB or would he be more of a solid backup with starting-upside who excels in special teams?

morgulon1

Reaction score
cool mock, thanks for taking the time and effort. Im not a huge fan of Jones though. Sometimes what we perceive as need over rides what we think JS PC will do in April. One thing I've come to grips with.

I dont have a ******* clue. Thats the fun and beauty of it.

Latest posts