Must beat Southern Cal

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I know there are still ten days to go, but I want the Huskies to win this game in the worst way. We are playing on the road and totally outclassed in talent and experience. It will take a monumental coaching effort and poise by the true freshman Jake Browning to pull this one off. But wouldn't it be great to watch Sarkisian's fat face come crashing down during a national broadcast? The Coliseum would be thundering with "Fire Sark!" chants.

1. Pressure, pressure, pressure. We cannot give Kessler a clean pocket. Their RT is slow and susceptible to speed rushers. Their LT is coming off ACL surgery. LG Damian Mama is not too quick. Kessler is prone to take sacks rather than throw the ball away.

2. Go deep and test their secondary. USC has done a poor job generating pressure. And their secondary is porous, outside of #2 Adoree Jackson. Their safeties are of poor quality. The left corner Kevon Seymour often gets lost in coverage. Su'a Cravens is the only other playmaker on that defense, but Wilcox has him playing closer to the line of scrimmage at OLB.

3. Account for #9 WR JuJu Smith. He is legit . . . must do whatever it takes to prevent Kessler from getting the ball to Smith, including double coverage. Their other receivers are not too impressive. Rodgers and Whitney are big but slow. Mitchell is small and not too explosive. Kessler is not a gun slinger and extremely cautious in his decision making. Double cover JuJu, taking him out of the game, and USC's offensive game plan takes a hit.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
ASU put up 38 points on you last year. Boston College put up 37. Stanford had 41 points in your loss two weeks ago.

That is the blueprint. Run the ball and set up play action passing to attack the deep middle of the field like Stanford did successfully.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":aqyu547h said:
ASU put up 38 points on you last year. Boston College put up 37. Stanford had 41 points in your loss two weeks ago.

That is the blueprint. Run the ball and set up play action passing to attack the deep middle of the field like Stanford did successfully.

All those teams were/are better than this years Washington team.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1egbz9ax said:
hawknation2015":1egbz9ax said:

All those teams were/are better than this years Washington team.

We'll see . . . I think we're better than Boston College.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Boston College and ASU were last year.

Our Team is young overall and still has areas that need improvement. As such, no game is a "gimme" but I think we have a good chance to beat Washington.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":376ltgwl said:
USC 38 UW 24

Not sure what's funnier, UW scoring 24.. or USC only scoring 38.

Sark will be out for blood in this one*

Giphy

* - denotes likely blow out of Washington to get my hopes up again only to lose to Notre Dame two weeks after

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hmmm . . . has one of my primary concerns been eliminated?

‘Personal reasons’ again keep USC’s JuJu Smith-Schuster away from practice

Whether or not it amounts to anything on down the road remains to be seen, but there is a potentially impactful development out on the West Coast involving one of the top wide receivers in college football.

Tuesday, JuJu Smith-Schuster did not participate in practice because of what head coach Steve Sarkisian described as “personal reasons.” A day later, Smith-Schuster was MIA again for the same reason.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... -practice/

“Hope to have him back [Wednesday],” Sarkisian said. “I don’t think it’s serious.”

But then JuJu was not at practice on Wednesday either.

WR Darreus Rogers is out with a hamstring injury. I have a feeling we will see more of Adoree Jackson at WR, which is a bad thing.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1zlroin4 said:

Whether or not it amounts to anything on down the road remains to be seen, but there is a potentially impactful development out on the West Coast involving one of the top wide receivers in college football.

Tuesday, JuJu Smith-Schuster did not participate in practice because of what head coach Steve Sarkisian described as “personal reasons.” A day later, Smith-Schuster was MIA again for the same reason.

“Hope to have him back [Wednesday],” Sarkisian said. “I don’t think it’s serious.”

WR Darreus Rogers is out with a hamstring injury. I have a feeling we will see more of Adoree Jackson at WR, which is a bad thing.

It looks like he was back today.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mbtitleist":1uqp2sbn said:
hawknation2015":1uqp2sbn said:

That's pretty much the Huskies only hope, that the entire Trojan offense takes the game off for personal reasons. :lol:

MLOhawks

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3itljrh7 said:

Have you even watched the Huskies this year? They can't run the ball to save their lives and are dead last in the PAC in offensive statistics.

Huskies offense is a giant steaming pile of $%@!.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
mbtitleist":z9brghqt said:
hawknation2015":z9brghqt said:

“He kind of resolved the personal stuff he was working on,” USC coach Steve Sarkisian said.

What was the deal? Anyone know?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Don Hill punched reserve tailback Aca’Cedric Ware when tempers flared from a previous play.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2015100 ... e-approach

Hill was a firm Washington commit until Sarkisian decided to take the USC job.

For more than a year, Mickens was even committed to play for then-coach Lane Kiffin at USC.

“Some things happened with myself and Lane Kiffin,” Mickens said Sunday, without further explanation. Now, he said with a laugh, “I’m planning on doing a lot of Reggie Bush stuff” on Thursday night.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-h ... -coliseum/

Mickens was one of many former commits who had their scholarships pulled by USC. Shay Fields was another.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Defensive lineman Claude Pelon left the field on a cart after an apparent ankle spain. Cornerback Kevon Seymour (knee) is expected to play against Washington along with nose tackle Antwaun Woods (chest). Wide receiver Darreus Rogers (hamstring) looks out because he has not practiced.

http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/2015/10/ ... -report-3/

Have to attack that beat up defensive line.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":17wpga3c said:
“Some things happened with myself and Lane Kiffin,” Mickens said Sunday, without further explanation. Now, he said with a laugh, “I’m planning on doing a lot of Reggie Bush stuff” on Thursday night.

Dude averages 30 yards a game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: