Eagles trading partner?

pehawk

Reaction score
It came out today the Titans aren't interested in either Mariota (the white Alex Smith) or Winston (Rapey-er Big Ben). Instead they're content sticking with Zach Mettenberger. IOf course it could be noise, but, I believe it. I think Mettenberger has as much upside as each of those two, when you factor in their systems and/or intangibles. So, maybe the Titans are the team whom do NFL fans a solid...and gift Mariota to Chip?

You believe it? Any thoughts on where/whom the Eagles trade with?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I've read rumors that the eagles are willing to part with McCoy along with draft picks. I wouldn't believe it other than the fact that they got rid of DeSean Jackson last off season who everyone said was tailored made for Kelly's offense. I think Chip wants his QB and will do whatever it takes to get the right one to run his offense.

CPHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1pw6ymy1 said:
It came out today the Titans aren't interested in either Mariota (the white Alex Smith) or Winston (Rapey-er Big Ben). Instead they're content sticking with Zach Mettenberger. IOf course it could be noise, but, I believe it. I think Mettenberger has as much upside as each of those two, when you factor in their systems and/or intangibles. So, maybe the Titans are the team whom do NFL fans a solid...and gift Mariota to Chip?

Isn't it Alex Smith who is white?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":vm1fpfv8 said:
pehawk":vm1fpfv8 said:

I wouldn't know, I don't see skincolor.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
CPHawk":1fjjz180 said:
pehawk":1fjjz180 said:

You're thinking of a different guy.

Top picks shouldn't be worth much this year. A pretty poor top-tier draft imo. Philly probably get Titans' pick for #20, a future first and their second.

I bet the Buccs are probably wishing they didn't horribly throw that game against New Orleans. It felt they were sucking for Mariota at the time, and now everyone's telling them Winston's the better prospect. You're on the clock Lovie, watcha gonna do? Kind of a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't scenario but it's not like they don't deserve it.

Back to the Titans, I agree. I'd stick with Zach too. If you can get McCoy as part of a favourable deal then do it. Address the O-line with early picks and they're probably drafting out of the top 10 next year. Lewan looks a good prospect but they were getting killed last year. Missed Roos big time too.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't buy for one second the Bucs have ever even considered Mariota. It's all bullshit.

More than other NFL franchises the Bucs need to think about fannies in the seats. NFL is 2nd fiddle to the Gators and SEC in general. That's not even taking into account how lame and fickle Florida sports fans are. Winston puts butts in seats...that's who they're taking and who they tanked for. Not the Somoan Alex Smith, Mariota.

The Eagles #20, 2015 3rd and 4th and the Eagles 2016 1st rounder is what I'm thinking.

I so want Chip to get the Mexican Joey Harrington, Mariota. I want to see him succeed or fail on his terms. The game needs it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1lqrkshq said:
I so want Chip to get the Mexican Joey Harrington, Mariota. I want to see him succeed or fail on his terms. The game needs it.
:13: :lol:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":eangp17g said:
pehawk":eangp17g said:

Just curious...why does the game need it?

netskier

Reaction score
The game needs it to adequately test Chip Kellys innovations on offense. Curious minds want to know.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2hl9muww said:
IndyHawk":2hl9muww said:
pehawk":2hl9muww said:

Just curious...why does the game need it?

Alabama is more welcoming of new trends than the NFL.

The NFL needs to be forced to accept change, be it minorities in management or the spread. I want to see the spread run professionally, and Chip's that best shot.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hate the spread. It reminds me of the opposite Wishbone offense. But I hated the 3-4 and I want jokers to stay off my lawn. So I am a dying breed.

I love seeing gimmick offenses get handed their hat though in championship games. You don't have to be 3 yds and a cloud of dust, but 50-60 passes with the rules as they are makes the game more like basketball.

Rat

Reaction score
pehawk":2eriky2m said:
IWinston puts butts in seats...that's who they're taking and who they tanked for. Not the Somoan Alex Smith, Mariota.

I watched a decent amount of Bucs football last year, and I really don't think they tanked. They had high expectations going into the season, and Lovie looked completely overmatched, despite playing in a joke of a division. I hope they bounce back.

pehawk":2eriky2m said:
The Eagles #20, 2015 3rd and 4th and the Eagles 2016 1st rounder is what I'm thinking.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mariota falls further than expected, but there's no way that package gets the Eagles into the top 8-ish. I don't think they're getting him unless he drops into the 12-14 range.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
First, the Titans are trying to sell the spot for sure. I don't think they really care who to. But if they can move back one or two spots and still get Williams, I think they would prefer that to getting #20. It may become clear later that this is a buyer's market, but for right now, the Titans are thinking they are sitting on RGIII part deux. They, for now, will be asking that same kind of price to move.

I can't speak for the Eagles, but it seems to me their Titan's trading partner might be the Browns.

I get what pe wants, forcing the spread onto the NFL, The NFL needs change badly, and it would be about time the NFL changed by adopting a new offense rather than just tweaking the rules to favor offenses. But I don't think Chip is going to get his QB this year.

I would laugh my ass off if the Titans traded back one or two spots and the team they traded with took Williams.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2qfizjub said:
First, the Titans are trying to sell the spot for sure. I don't think they really care who to. But if they can move back one or two spots and still get Williams, I think they would prefer that to getting #20. It may become clear later that this is a buyer's market, but for right now, the Titans are thinking they are sitting on RGIII part deux. They, for now, will be asking that same kind of price to move.

I can't speak for the Eagles, but it seems to me their Titan's trading partner might be the Browns.

I get what pe wants, forcing the spread onto the NFL, The NFL needs change badly, and it would be about time the NFL changed by adopting a new offense rather than just tweaking the rules to favor offenses. But I don't think Chip is going to get his QB this year.

I would laugh my ass off if the Titans traded back one or two spots and the team they traded with took Williams.

To Rat; the Bucs tanked week 17. 2nd half of week 17 specifically. But, it wasn't really "tanking" as we know it. It made sense to play the game the way they did. Quit arguing for arguing sake, Mr Tressel.

I'm making no proclamation on the spreads success or even sustainability. As a football fan, I want to see the best possible coach and QB attempt it though. That's the only way to truly tell.

Theoretically, there's some sound reasoning behind the spread being a desired scheme in the NFL. The main reason is the spread creates the QB's the QB's don't create the spread. The spread, Chip's version at least, creates HUGE passing lanes and open spaces. Lanes and spaces so vast it minimizes the skill level required to run it. Sure, you still have to be a professional QB, but maybe instead of one $20M+ guy, the spread can run with three $5M types? Maybe it can be a system where you want 1st or MAYBE mid-level 2nd contract types running it, over the long haul?

I'm a fan of the NFL over all else. So anything new will always be kind of cool to think about. I can give a shit whether my excitement comes to fruition or not.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
If I'm the Eagles I'm passing on giving up the draft capital to grab Mariota and grabbing Bryce Petty to mold behind Foles instead. Seems like a good fit.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2lnwaxid said:
If I'm the Eagles I'm passing on giving up the draft capital to grab Mariota and grabbing Bryce Petty to mold behind Foles instead. Seems like a good fit.

That's a thought too.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1qr7kv0w said:
Recon_Hawk":1qr7kv0w said:

That's a thought too.

Is Bryce petty a running threat though ? My impression is that he's more of an "air raid" type spread qb. Like Connor holiday. But better.

If chip doesn't get mariotA I'd like to see him make a trade for rg3 or even Johnny manziel (although I don't think Johnny's ever going to be a good nfl player, it would be entertaining.)

Also Bryan Bennett who was a duck and fought mariota for the starting position, lost and transferred, might be drafted late in this draft. He might be an option.

[youtube]9GJWShVXihk[/youtube]