Eagles trading partner?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ftp6rya said:
IndyHawk":2ftp6rya said:
pehawk":2ftp6rya said:
I so want Chip to get the Mexican Joey Harrington, Mariota. I want to see him succeed or fail on his terms. The game needs it.
:13: :lol:

Just curious...why does the game need it?
My question too. What has he EVER done other then try and change the NFL into the AFL? :stirthepot:

*I do not like the spread and what it causes (scores of 67-62) it's boring to watch people score every 5 plays because of the rules and scheme and not actual skill or talent. The only thing worse is watching basketball unless it's the playoffs.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
No way Smith and Mariota are similar. And even if Mariota was a Mexican , still no comparison to Harrington. Apples, cucumbers and peanuts.

This whole "trade up" with Philadelphia is a whole lot of smoke and turds and to be honest somewhat insulting to the (respectably intelligent) football fan. There are no credible sources on this and even if Philly really, really wanted Marcus,,do you think they would let this out. This is made up media hype just like Manziel going to Dallas last year but worse.

At most this is the Eagles messing with the media. If Mariota drops to 20 than maybe the Eagles get him. There is so much talent in the draft and last I checked Foles is not that bad.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":pr1fm0i8 said:
Seanhawk":pr1fm0i8 said:
IndyHawk":pr1fm0i8 said:
pehawk":pr1fm0i8 said:
I so want Chip to get the Mexican Joey Harrington, Mariota. I want to see him succeed or fail on his terms. The game needs it.
:13: :lol:

Just curious...why does the game need it?
My question too. What has he EVER done other then try and change the NFL into the AFL? :stirthepot:

*I do not like the spread and what it causes (scores of 67-62) it's boring to watch people score every 5 plays because of the rules and scheme and not actual skill or talent. The only thing worse is watching basketball unless it's the playoffs.
It doesn't mean it isn't good for the NFL, regardless of what you like. I didn't like the Run N Shoot, but it was damn good for the league, who was so stinking generic it was pitiful. The NFL has gotten into the habit of creating offense by just changing the rules, not by having coaching innovation. At least Chip isn't creating offense the old fashioned way, signing an old Peyton Manning guy and throwing 30 rub routes a game becasue the officials will call defensive holding to aid his cause.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Speeding up plays and running an offense with 4-5 wide receivers isn't more innovative then 30 rub routes because the referees refuse to do their job correctly. It's worse because the referees can't keep up, similar to the shenanigans Belicheck tries to pull with eligible/ineligible receivers or watching Loyola Marymount with Paul Westhead's run and gun offense back in the day. It's just pinball which is a decent game but not innovative.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":yajrs0jh said:
Speeding up plays and running an offense with 4-5 wide receivers isn't more innovative then 30 rub routes because the referees refuse to do their job correctly. It's worse because the referees can't keep up, similar to the shenanigans Belicheck tries to pull with eligible/ineligible receivers or watching Loyola Marymount with Paul Westhead's run and gun offense back in the day. It's just pinball which is a decent game but not innovative.

Why are you nitpicking this? You trying to garner "street cred" as a football purist? Trying to join Diags "Curmudgeon Club"? As I said above, I'm still a fan of the NFL over all else. Being a fan, I'll gravitate towards things that are different. Even if those things are very rube, "shiny object" type of differences.

Chip is most certainly approaching building a program in an innovative way. Not much unlike the Seahawks head coach.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":pbbaok6x said:
MizzouHawkGal":pbbaok6x said:

Why are you nitpicking this? You trying to garner "street cred" as a football purist? Trying to join Diags "Curmudgeon Club"? As I said above, I'm still a fan of the NFL over all else. Being a fan, I'll gravitate towards things that are different. Even if those things are very rube, "shiny object" type of differences.

Chip is most certainly approaching building a program in an innovative way. Not much unlike the Seahawks head coach.
Because I don't get why Chip should be considered innovative. He runs a uptempo offense good for him. Just because it's different (it's not by the way given you can see the horrible results in college football all the time, it's like watching some bad version of arena football or indoor soccer some people love it some don't) doesn't mean better.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":iibbvjcj said:
pehawk":iibbvjcj said:
MizzouHawkGal":iibbvjcj said:

Because I don't get why Chip should be considered innovative. He runs a uptempo offense good for him. Just because it's different (it's not by the way given you can see the horrible results in college football all the time) doesn't mean better.

Firstly, I don't think anyone in this thread said Chip's system is "better". So I have no clue what you're talking about. I don't think you have any idea either.

Secondly, Chip most certainly is different - in professional football. From his emphasis on sports nutrition, aversion to picking up FA's in-season, game day calls, to # of plays ran he's doing things differently. As a fan of professional football, I for one find change refreshing.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":15bra7sj said:
pehawk":15bra7sj said:
MizzouHawkGal":15bra7sj said:

Because I don't get why Chip should be considered innovative. He runs a uptempo offense good for him. Just because it's different (it's not by the way given you can see the horrible results in college football all the time, it's like watching some bad version of arena football or indoor soccer some people love it some don't) doesn't mean better.
His team has to be conditioned better than most. It's more than simply running a lot of plays. There is a lot more to his routes than 5 wide. He does some truly innovative shit getting his WRs in space, particularly vs zones. It isn't my favorite thing for the Hawks, but I think it is really good for the NFL. I don't have to like something to respect it.

netskier

Reaction score
Why shouldn't we adopt some of Chip's innovations at getting receivers open in space? Isn't that our major problem with our current receivers, excepting Mathews because of his height? Are our "pedestrians" good enough in Chips offense?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Don't think he's going to be around for the eagles to be able to get into position:

On ESPN this morning (Mike and Mike show) they are discussing that the consensus is that Mariota has had as good of interviews as anyone EVER at the Combine. Apparently NFL teams are "blown away" by his understanding of concepts and the QB position.